Thread: Who are your top five current NFL head coaches?

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

Who are your top five current NFL head coaches?

Belichick is a gimme at #1. I believe I read he's won as many (f not more) Super Bowls as all the other active coaches combined.

So who you got your top five current NFL head coaches?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Who are your top five current NFL head coaches?

It’s Belichick and then 28-30 of the same and then Adam Gase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Billy B - he's calling the defense now and look WTF is taking place. Guy is a genius at football.
    Shanny - has that offense rolling with no names and "Maybe G" at QB.
    Tomlin - find another coach who gets his team past the injuries and roster turmoil the Steelers have had.
    Reid - scheming his way to his back-up QB getting into a duel with Aaron Rodgers.
    Payton - has his team winning without Breesus.

Honorable mention: Caroll, Harbaugh, and Reich (in fact if you want to swap Tomlin out for Reich, that wouldn't bother me in the least)

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

1. Belichick (duh)
    2. Carroll
    3. Reid
    4. Harbaugh (he seems to have adopted analytics on aggressive 4th down play calls, which shows an ability to change with the times)
    5. Payton

As posted above, Belichick is far above everyone else. You could throw in Tomlin or Pederson for being among the other top 4.

Hesitate to include one of the younger guns who have not won anything yet and have no sustained record of making the playoffs. This time last year Sean McVay was regarded as having reinvented modern offense and the 49ers are doing it primarily with defense this season, while Shanahan runs the offense.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Belichick

Payton
    Carroll
    Reid
    Harbaugh

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

On second thought, I am going to swap Reich for Tomlin. IF, the Steelers win 7 or more games...might need to revise that...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This is based on right now and what's happened recently was given more weight than past accomplishments/career resumes
    1. Bellichick: Duh
    2. Carroll: Impressive what he's done after the purge of Super Bowl veterans
    3. McVay: Turned a boring irrelevant franchise into an exciting team that was fresh off a Super Bowl
    4. Payton: Faced some bad luck, has built a solid team as of late
    5. Pederson: Not willing to throw him off the ranks yet because of an underwhelming first half. A Super Bowl win followed by taking an injury riddled team that started 4-6 all the way to the divisional round where his team almost upset the top seed

Tomlin is not a top 5 coach, he was in the past, but he isn't now and hasn't coached like one the last couple years

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

All I know is Belicheck cheated and has never had a bad call go against him. A ref celebrated a touchdown with the team and patted Tommy's ass after they won a playoff game. I give them no credit what-so-ever. If he's so good how come they never have to play by the same rules as everyone else?

I remember when Peyton was suspended from the saints for an entire year on allegations that were never proven yet nothing like that happened for the cheating that was proven to bill. Fuck the pats!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

1. Belichick is a genius. Period. Which is why his cheating is so infuriating. Q: Why cheat when you are the best football brain the NFL has ever seen. ANSWER: Because, like Kenneth Lay, he is smug; Belichick thinks he’s untouchable. And, in a way, he’s right. SMFH

2 - 10. A group of really good HC’s who each have a few “fatal flaws” (which their fan-bases obsess about).

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    All I know is Belicheck cheated and has never had a bad call go against him. A ref celebrated a touchdown with the team and patted Tommy's ass after they won a playoff game. I give them no credit what-so-ever. If he's so good how come they never have to play by the same rules as everyone else?

I remember when Peyton was suspended from the saints for an entire year on allegations that were never proven yet nothing like that happened for the cheating that was proven to bill. Fuck the pats!!!
    Amen.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    1. Belichick is a genius. Period. Which is why his cheating is so infuriating. Q: Why cheat when you are the best football brain the NFL has ever seen. ANSWER: Because, like Kenneth Lay, he is smug; Belichick thinks he’s untouchable. And, in a way, he’s right. SMFH

2 - 10. A group of really good HC’s who each have a few “fatal flaws” (which their fan-bases obsess about).
    He's not a genius his team is given a free pass to the championship game every year, and I am not talking about the schedule, I am talking about the league and the refs. Tell me the last time that team had a bad call go against them, no they get the tuck rule. Tell me the last time they had a player who was truly penalized by the league. Remember when Gronk cheap shotted a player (well after the play), by delivering a hit to the head and he got a whole 1 game suspension? When Brady was suspended there was nothing that happened to Bill yet when the Saints players were getting suspension they gave a year to Peyton. Genius my ass, he's given privilege's that no others get and he knows it. Yes he flaunts it that is his way of giving everyone else the finger. It is his way of advertising to the shady players to get off their current team and come play with them. Players who can't play suddenly can when they come to them, and what does the league do??? Oh yeah they stick their head in the sand, and act like nothing is happening.

Fuck the pats!!! Fuck Bill too.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

1. Any coach not named Mike Tomlin
    2. Any coach that is not on Mike Tomlin's coaching tree
    3. Any coach that doesn't wear mirrored sunglasses
    4. Any coach that doesn't use the word "obviously" an inordinate amount of times when speaking
    5. Any coach that hasn't lost every challenge for a decade
    6. Any coach that doesn't have the "1000 yard stare"

I threw in a bonus pick.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    4. Any coach that doesn't use the word "obviously" an inordinate amount of times when speaking

I threw in a bonus pick.
    Does Mike Tomlin have a coaching tree? Lol...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Does Mike Tomlin have a coaching tree? Lol...

Sean McVay looking closer to Chip Kelly than Bill Belichick...

What happened to the next genius??

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Sean McVay looking closer to Chip Kelly than Bill Belichick...

What happened to the next genius??
    In criminal law there is a doctrine called fruit of the poisonous tree

Lot of young coaches hired from the McVay coaching tree that looks blighted

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I threw in a bonus pick.
    What about poker players, 007/Bond's and hippo fartoxide exhalers?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

1. Belichick
    2. Harbaugh
    3. Carroll
    4. Tomlin
    5. Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    In criminal law there is a doctrine called fruit of the poisonous tree

Lot of young coaches hired from the McVay coaching tree that looks blighted
    If you took a piss next to Sean McVay at any point in the last two years you got a coaching job...lol

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Almost a month since most of these posts Reid and Payton don't look so genius already.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    1. Belichick
    2. Harbaugh
    3. Carroll
    4. Tomlin
    5. Shanahan
    a slight adjustment

1. BB
    2. Harbaugh
    3. Shanahan
    4. Carroll
    5. Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    a slight adjustment

1. BB
    2. Harbaugh
    3. Shanahan
    4. Carroll
    5. Tomlin
    That'll work too. I always hesitate though to rank someone high who has very little experience. Shanahan has not even won a playoff game yet. The other guys on the list all have SB rings.