Thread: NFC at the Deadline

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

NFC at the Deadline

Unlike the AFC the NFC is a conferene of intrigue. A conference of parity and multiple contenders for the title. Also all the teams with any remote chance of dethroning the Pats are in this conference

Contenders
    Saints (7-1): There was a time a few years ago where a Drew Brees injury would have sunk the season. Instead the Saints go 5-0 in Brees' absence thanks to multiple offensive weapons and a stout defense. Of course can they put it together and make a Super Bowl
    49ers (7-0): I figured that they could make the playoffs as long as they stayed healthy, but I didn't think they would be this good or that their defense would be suffocating. Nick Bosa has been a force to be reckoned with and this running game is very hard to stop
    Packers (7-1): Aaron Rodgers has returned to form and his supporting cast has at times looked like his best supporting cast since 2010. Of course as always their Super Bowl hopes hinge on their defense

A rung below contenders:
    Seahawks (6-2): This team continues to be winners with Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson but they have too many close wins to be confident in this team (some against bad teams) and that defense is sketchy.
    Vikings (6-2): Excuse me for not trusting Kirk Cousins

Fringe playoff teams
    Rams (5-3): With so many stars, you figure this team would be better. Disappointing performance from star players has been dogging this team. We'll see if Jalen Ramsey gives them a spark
    Panthers (4-3): While it is admirable that they managed to go from 0-2 to 4-2 with a backup QB, that last loss to the 49ers is a sign they aren't close to the top teams

Boned by bad officiating
    Lions (3-3-1): Despite being thoroughly unremarkable and being a cheap attempt at a Patriots imitation, you still have to feel bad for this team given how they've been absolutely BONED by the officials. A clear TD against the Chiefs called back in a 4 point game and then that disgraceful showing in Green Bay.

Mediocre
    Cowboys (4-3): Yep this team is mediocre. They are leading their division because the NFC East this year is a trashfire. After starting 3-0 solely by playing refuse they got exposed as frauds the next 3 games including an inexplicable loss to the Jets of all teams
    Eagles (4-4): Wentz hasn't returned to MVP form, the defense is a trainwreck, and now this team is making noise in the locker room. This team is in trouble
    Bears (3-4): It's a crime that such a ferocious defense is being completely wasted by a QB that can't throw the ball and piss poor playcalling.
    Cardinals (3-4-1): So you are not bottom feeders this year and have made it close to .500 by beating the refuse in the league. Unfortunately blowout losses to some better teams show that you still aren't ready to compete for anything significant especially in a tough NFC West.

Bad
    Bucs (2-5): Other than putting 55 points of the Rams and a career year from Shaq Barrett this is the same ole Bucs under Arians. Shitty defense and tons of turnovers
    Giants (2-6): So you've finally realized that Eli has been done playing football for years. Good job. Now if only you can start putting some actual wins together

Bottom of the Barrel
    Falcons (1-7): What the hell happened to this team. This team has too much talent to be going 1-7. I hope Dan Quinn is contacting teams about a DC job
    Redskins (1-7): Quite possibly the worst Redskins team of the Dan Snyder era and that's saying something

Overall: The NFC intrigues me. There are multiple question marks surrounding the top of the NFC. It should be interesting on who will come out on top

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: NFC at the Deadline

The Falcons are really surprising, with that amount of talent there's no way they should be 1-7. I'm guessing whoever's coaching that team will be gone after this year (or before that)

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: NFC at the Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The Falcons are really surprising, with that amount of talent there's no way they should be 1-7. I'm guessing whoever's coaching that team will be gone after this year (or before that)
    HC Dan Quinn fired both coordinators after 2018, brought back Dirk Koetter as OC (Falcons OC from 2012-14) after Tampa Bay fired Koetter since he is pals with Matt Ryan (Atlanta equivalent of promoting Fichtner), and took over defensive play calling himself (after Texans put up 53 on the Falcons a few weeks ago they dissed Quinn's defensive schemes as simplistic).

Arthur Blank is going to blow up the coaching staff and the front office - mild surprise that Quinn has not been canned during this bye week.

A bad team locked into some big contracts - teardown will be expensive