Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mason Rudolph Comparisons

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Mason Rudolph Comparisons

Only complaint I had with Mason today was when he threw a short 2 yard pass to the sidelines on a 3rd and long. Played way too safe. He did not get help with his receivers also, 4 drops and 1 fumble.

He helped lead a good drive late that put Boswell in position to get a FG which put them up 5. That drive took a lot of time off the clock and gave the defense some much needed rest.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 11-10-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    On that note, Donald is an absolute beast. I was forced to listen to the game on radio today and it seemed like he was the entire Rams defense for as many times as his name got called.
    An absolute one man wrecking crew. He almost singlehandedly kept the Rams in the game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    An absolute one man wrecking crew. He almost singlehandedly kept the Rams in the game.
    and Fichtner kept running on his side.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

On that note, Donald is an absolute beast. I was forced to listen to the game on radio today and it seemed like he was the entire Rams defense for as many times as his name got called.
    Let Hargrave walk.
    Trade our 2021 R1 pick for Donald.
    Use the money saved on Hargrave to sign Donald.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    and Fichtner kept running on his side.
    That was odd Rams did a great job of moving Donald around.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Rudolph hasn't looked much different from what he did in prior weeks. He still looks exactly as he did. Foepaws, but showing steady improvement. It helps that he's growing more comfortable due to his preparation, and finally appears to have a target downfield he is starting rely on. That's two weeks in a row his buddy James Washington has showed up. If only the rest of the receiving core can step up. DJ, Vance and Juju had some bad drops.

Aside from the fumble, James Washington had another good game and was our best receiver.
    I wouldn't say that. Today, I saw step into throws a lot more consistently. He hit tight windows because he anticipated passes and threw receivers open. Granted, not every time, but no one does it every time. Maybe that's the "steady improvement" you're referring to?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Only complaint I had with Mason today was when he threw a short 2 yard pass to the sidelines on a 3rd and long. Played way too safe. He did not get help with his receivers also, 4 drops and 1 fumble.

He helped lead a good drive late that put Boswell in position to get a FG which put them up 5. That drive took a lot of time off the clock and gave the defense some much needed rest.
    The way that play developed, that looked like a designed play or he chose, before the snap, to throw to Samuels. Even if Samuels catches that ball clean, there’s no way he stops, turns and is able to head up field. That play was a fail from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Today, I saw step into throws a lot more consistently. He hit tight windows because he anticipated passes and threw receivers open. Granted, not every time, but no one does it every time. Maybe that's the "steady improvement" you're referring to?
    everyone has different perspective , I personally don't look at a QB's footwork or care if he can throw from 80 yards on his knees like kyle boller. Mason doesn't have deer in headlights look like a lot of first year starters , he looks like he has command and to this point has taken care of football fairly well. Some will argue its easy when throwing 3 yard passes. yesterday he took some chances, his arm strength looked average, definitely not Chad Pennington below average but not a detriment in my mind. Every game there has been fumble , dropped passes, and dropped passes turning into pics to overcome, and every game he's giving them chance to win despite the mistakes. It helps having a dominate D again, but if skill players can stop fumbling and dropping passes this team could beat the Ravens. I know some have said they haven't see wow factor and I agree but I haven't seen wow factor from any offensive player yet this year. Amari Cooper had atleast 2 last night alone. Kyle Rudolph as well. I really thought Vance was a top tiered TE, but dude cant catch and even when he does he's a fumble waiting to happen. There were 5-6 TE's in last nights game better than anyone on Steelers. My point is Mason could use some help, Washington is starting to, and Deontae looks like he has potential but I would like to get a TE and running game for Xmas.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The way that play developed, that looked like a designed play or he chose, before the snap, to throw to Samuels. Even if Samuels catches that ball clean, there’s no way he stops, turns and is able to head up field. That play was a fail from the get go.
    I rolled my eyes when that play happened. Throw the ball down field.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Joe Montana.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

I thought it was Rudolph's best game throwing it down the field, but his accuracy is still an issue.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He definitely should have completed them all.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I bet Hodges would have.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

I know I'm in the minority but as it stands the only reason the Steelers are 5-4 is because of that amazing defense.
    Rudolph is terrible in my view and for sure not the 'heir' to the Steel Throne.
    What disappointing with the way this defense is playing is that it'll ultimately be a wasted season (as it stands)
    I fully realize that if everything breaks the right way and the stars align they could make a run but I won't hold my breath.
    I will say I am enjoying how insane this defense is though it's fun to watch them again

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Rudolph hasn't been great, but to say he's terrible is a huge stretch. Have you remembered how bad Dobbs and Landry Jones were?

11TD and 4INT isn't lighting the world on fire, but it's far from terrible. Keep in mind 2 of his receivers have zero experience. One's a rookie and the other's a first year starter. And the #1 is still trying to adjust to being a #1

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Rudolph hasn't been great, but to say he's terrible is a huge stretch. Have you remembered how bad Dobbs and Landry Jones were?

11TD and 4INT isn't lighting the world on fire, but it's far from terrible. Keep in mind 2 of his receivers have zero experience. One's a rookie and the other's a first year starter. And the #1 is still trying to adjust to being a #1
    Yeah, but what is his fantasy football ranking? I'm sure that is what a lot of fans look at.

Fans are spoiled by having a franchise QB for 15 years and either they were not fans back when, or are trying to forget the days of Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Kordell Stewart, Cliff Stoudt David Woodley, Neil O'Donnell, etc. The better option is not Devlin Hodges, so I'm just enjoying the ride, enjoying the games and hoping Rudolph continues to grow into a Kirk Cousins type player, as I think that is possibly the ceiling.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, but what is his fantasy football ranking? I'm sure that is what a lot of fans look at.

Fans are spoiled by having a franchise QB for 15 years and either they were not fans back when, or are trying to forget the days of Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Kordell Stewart, Cliff Stoudt David Woodley, Neil O'Donnell, etc. The better option is not Devlin Hodges, so I'm just enjoying the ride, enjoying the games and hoping Rudolph continues to grow into a Kirk Cousins type player, as I think that is possibly the ceiling.
    He's gonna be a Kirk Cousins that doesn't throw game losing INTs, meaning he could be pretty damn good lol.

If I went with the theory of fantasy football then Aaron Rodgers is by far and away the GOAT yet i find him grossly overrated for a multitude of reasons but mainly the over hype from the NFL media outlets.
    I mean perfect example his 1 singular perfect passer rating game 4 games ago was got so much talk he was almost gifted the MVP award right then and there. On top of that it was talked about or come across as the greatest game played.

NOW, not saying it was an amazing game or anything of that nature BUT point being last season Ben throws his 4th (NFL RECORD) perfect game last year against the Panthers having more TD passes than incompletions and crickets.

Ultimately fantasy football skews peoples perception. Hell, Rivers puts up great garbage stats for 80% of his career and has a fluke season last year and hes a first ballot HOFer all of a sudden?...ummmm no.

Sure Masons stat line looks good but to me he's made one play that was stellar and that was the one he got drilled on.
    You're not wrong about the other back ups we've had. But for me the best they've had has been Batch during the Ben era.
    So far this Steelers team looks like the 2006 Bears with an amazing defense and pedestrian QB that squeeks out wins it probably shouldn't as a whole but the D comes up clutch.
    as I said previous I hated the defense with how it played but since Minkah it's been awesome and fun to watch again so I hope it continues.

Hopefully we end the Browns Super Bowl run tomorrow night haha

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersNorth View Post
    If I went with the theory of fantasy football then Aaron Rodgers is by far and away the GOAT yet i find him grossly overrated for a multitude of reasons but mainly the over hype from the NFL media outlets.
    I mean perfect example his 1 singular perfect passer rating game 4 games ago was got so much talk he was almost gifted the MVP award right then and there. On top of that it was talked about or come across as the greatest game played.

NOW, not saying it was an amazing game or anything of that nature BUT point being last season Ben throws his 4th (NFL RECORD) perfect game last year against the Panthers having more TD passes than incompletions and crickets.

Ultimately fantasy football skews peoples perception. Hell, Rivers puts up great garbage stats for 80% of his career and has a fluke season last year and hes a first ballot HOFer all of a sudden?...ummmm no.

Sure Masons stat line looks good but to me he's made one play that was stellar and that was the one he got drilled on.
    You're not wrong about the other back ups we've had. But for me the best they've had has been Batch during the Ben era.
    So far this Steelers team looks like the 2006 Bears with an amazing defense and pedestrian QB that squeeks out wins it probably shouldn't as a whole but the D comes up clutch.
    as I said previous I hated the defense with how it played but since Minkah it's been awesome and fun to watch again so I hope it continues.

Hopefully we end the Browns Super Bowl run tomorrow night haha
    Meh. Rodgers was the flavor of the week for a couple years. Now the media loves slobbing on Mahomes.

because that's relevant...5 starts vs 5 seasons WOW!

- - - Updated - - -

Meh. Rodgers was the flavor of the week for a couple years. Now the media loves slobbing on Mahomes.
    Rodgers after that perfect game was the MVP based on the overkill and hype
    then he shit himself against a piss poor Chargers team

Yeah, that's true about Mahomes

But he doesn't bomb it on 3rd and inches enough. Dong rating

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

But he doesn't bomb it on 3rd and inches enough. Dong rating
    Yeah, good thing we don’t have Ben stinking up the joint.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

because that's relevant...5 starts vs 5 seasons WOW!
    Agreed. "Chris Adamski" needs to take a statistics class - with a particular emphasis being placed on sample sizes.

And after that crapfest last night, I'll bet his QBR ain't 95.1 no more...

Agreed. "Chris Adamski" needs to take a statistics class - with a particular emphasis being placed on sample sizes.

And after that crapfest last night, I'll bet his QBR ain't 95.1 no more...
    I guess Ben was right about that pick being a 'waste'

The Steelers have been their own worst enemy with this continually saying they had a 1st rd grade on Mason.
    He hasn't shown anything that would even give you the minute hope he could've been one.
    The crazy thing is they still have a shot at the playoffs cause this defense is still otherworldly

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The Steelers have been their own worst enemy with this continually saying they had a 1st rd grade on Mason.
    He hasn't shown anything that would even give you the minute hope he could've been one.
    Well, after all, the Steelers did actually pick Mark Malone in the first round once upon a time, not to mention start Kordell Stewart for 5 seasons (while wasting most of Jerome Bettis' prime in the process) which was also part of the team's longer 20-year "dead zone" behind center.

So historically speaking, this is kinda par for the course.

All we can do now is hope a "light" suddenly goes on and Rudolph gets better.

Well, after all, the Steelers did actually pick Mark Malone in the first round once upon a time, not to mention start Kordell Stewart for 5 seasons (while wasting most of Jerome Bettis' prime in the process) which was also part of the team's longer 20-year "dead zone" behind center.

So historically speaking, this is kinda par for the course.

All we can do now is hope a "light" suddenly goes on and Rudolph gets better.
    They also said Jameis Winston would become some amazing QB because of BA being the HC/QB guru.
    You either have IT or you DON'T and Mason DON'T.

For him to make me personally think otherwise of him in these last 6 games he'd better light up the board stat wise and I use that loosely because who knows maybe the D has an off game and they're getting pumped so it inflates his numbers.
    anyway in general his line has to be over 300+ in the air and 3TDs

But if he plays as horrible as he has been I'm saying Ducks fly together

To your point on other QBs you're correct. The early 2ks defense was wasted because of Kordell and Tommy
    Then the Steelers got the most UNDERRATED QB OF THIS ERA to save the team...figure that one out!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again because its a FACT
    any of his 500 yard games especially the 2nd against Indy with the 6 TD passes - any other QB has that stellar of a game its talked about for EONS
    name me a QB that makes 'THE TACKLE'? (I'll wait but I think I'll be dead before anyone can think of one) but again IF any other QB makes that play its automatically 'legendary'
    Ben has 4...4 perfect games put those on the back burner. Rodgers gets one recently and that's all you would hear about for a week its gross.

It's amazing how the media has spun things to make certain guys fake legends while a guy like Ben (not saying he's a legend" but ranks up there in the history of the game, has 2 titles, set a multitude of records and STILL doesn't get credit for any of it.

I could go on but I'll move on lol

Gee, I wonder what it could be that made Ben not a media darling? If only I could think of something...

...this is not some vast international conspiracy. Plus, I love this thread. Somehow it manages to under-rate Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes while at the same time over-rating Mason Rudolph.

Duck Hodges - credible NFL starter -- that is just hilarious.

I don't know if I should take this seriously or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Gee, I wonder what it could be that made Ben not a media darling? If only I could think of something...

...this is not some vast international conspiracy. Plus, I love this thread. Somehow it manages to under-rate Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes while at the same time over-rating Mason Rudolph.

Duck Hodges - credible NFL starter -- that is just hilarious.

I don't know if I should take this seriously or what.
    Sure admittedly he was a a clown before Brown took that crown (lyrics in my new rap album lol)
    We can go down the path of guys that have had their issues one being Ray Lewis who magically got 2 guys to take a murder rap for him yet he's beloved by one and all

I solely base things between the white lines on Sunday.
    Would I like him to be Mr. Happy why not but he's entertaining to watch and one hell of a QB that put the team over the top TWICE and if not for a Mendenhall fumble probably 3 times.

Aaron Rodgers - grossly overrated and a douche yet gets a free pass. I bet the media thinks Rodgers is so awesome when he takes a shit he never has to wipe his ass he's that amazing!
    Hodges - not saying he's a credible starter but at this point just run the wild cat...can it be much worse with who's behind center?
    Mahomes - he was trending in the right direction after last year but got hurt. Sooooo... ... ...I dunno