Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Rifle Benched

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Red Rifle Benched

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Red Rifle Benched

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Duck Hodges and a 4th for Dalton....

Then Dalton can teach Rudolph the ways of the athletically limited game manager. I bet there is a handbook and a decoder ring and everything!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    On a good team, he's a mid-tier QB. He'll land on a team and compete for the starting job.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bengals throw in the towel...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

And on his birthday to boot...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    And on his birthday to boot...
    Oof!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm gonna miss Howdy Doody as Bengals starting QB

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

damn there goes the ginger man

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Once upon a time, there were 3 either very good-to-elite QBs in the AFC North. With the Ginger hack now benched and the Flacco experiment seemingly over in Denver, there can only be one ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Scott Farkus was sent home... happy birthday

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Once upon a time, there were 3 either very good-to-elite QBs in the AFC North. With the Ginger hack now benched and the Flacco experiment seemingly over in Denver, there can only be one ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I didn't realize Juan was a QB. I thought he was just a metallurgist or sumpthin'
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Wait, Moodball Joe and Howdy Doody were very good to elite?

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Wait, Moodball Joe and Howdy Doody were very good to elite?
    At one time, yes.

If Dalton could get the ball out quickly, he used to tear Pittsburgh's D to shreds. When our pass rush sucked (not that long ago in the pre-Tuitt, pre-Hargrave era), I used to dread matchups with the Bengals. He was consistently a top 15 QB, and in 2015 - easily top 5.

Look at Dalton's stats just as recently as 4 years ago: 10-3 record, 25 TDs, 7 INTs, 66% completion, 106.2 QB rating. That was the #2 QB rating in the league that year, just a touch behind only Russell Wilson. If he hadn't broken his thumb, he was gonna be really tough to beat. 2016: 18 TDs, 8 picks. 2017: 25 TDs, 12 picks. 2018: 21 TDs, 11 picks. None of those numbers suck at all. I think it's only the absolute dysfunction of the entire Bungals franchise that got him benched this year.

Flacco, on the other hand led his team to back-to-back 12-4 seasons in 2010 and 2011. Then followed it up by playing out of his mind in the 2012 post-season, thumping New England at home in the AFCCG, and winning the Super Bowl. Baltimore made him the highest paid QB in football the following off-season. They didn't back up the Brinks truck because he sucked. He was 'their guy' for the foreseeable future.

People tend to only remember that Dalton never won a playoff game or think about Troy picking off Flacco in the AFCCG. They both play for really bad football teams right now, and it shows. But 4 or 5 years ago, both of those guys were very, very good quarterbacks.
    Last edited by Squeegee Thompson; 10-30-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Red Rifle not pleased with the timing of his benching

"It happened three hours before the trade deadline," Dalton said Wednesday. "I wish they would have, at least if he was thinking about it, at least try to let me see if I could end up somewhere or at least see if there was interest in possibly getting traded.

"At that point, the way it was all handled, there wasn't enough time to even have that happen."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-unfortunate

Does not merit its own thread but AJ Green also sounding off about his future in Cincy

Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green was very clear about what he's looking for in his next contract.

And it's not a one-year franchise tag.

"I'm not into a one-year," Green said on Wednesday. "Give me a long-term (contract) or just let me go."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rm-deal-let-go

Add unhappy vets who want out to the toxic mix in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Red Rifle not pleased with the timing of his benching

"It happened three hours before the trade deadline," Dalton said Wednesday. "I wish they would have, at least if he was thinking about it, at least try to let me see if I could end up somewhere or at least see if there was interest in possibly getting traded.

"At that point, the way it was all handled, there wasn't enough time to even have that happen."

That's a completely understandable position. The guy played 9 years for the same franchise, and at a pretty high level the whole time: 197 TDs, 122 INTs, and has thrown for over 30,000 yards. That ain't bad. Now they've just thrown him under the bus:

- You're no longer the starter
    - We're not trading you to get another opportunity (with several QB-starved teams out there)
    - You get to hold the clipboard for a QB that nobody knows if he's any good on arguably the worst team in the NFL.

I'd be pissed too. Dalton's handling this with a lot more class than I probably would've in the same situation.

At one time, yes.

If Dalton could get the ball out quickly, he used to tear Pittsburgh's D to shreds. When our pass rush sucked (not that long ago in the pre-Tuitt, pre-Hargrave era), I used to dread matchups with the Bengals. He was consistently a top 15 QB, and in 2015 - easily top 5.

Look at Dalton's stats just as recently as 4 years ago: 10-3 record, 25 TDs, 7 INTs, 66% completion, 106.2 QB rating. That was the #2 QB rating in the league that year, just a touch behind only Russell Wilson. If he hadn't broken his thumb, he was gonna be really tough to beat. 2016: 18 TDs, 8 picks. 2017: 25 TDs, 12 picks. 2018: 21 TDs, 11 picks. None of those numbers suck at all. I think it's only the absolute dysfunction of the entire Bungals franchise that got him benched this year.

Flacc, on the other hand led his team to back-to-back 12-4 seasons in 2010 and 2011. Then followed it up by playing out of his mind in the 2012 post-season, thumping New England at home in the AFCCG, and winning the Super Bowl. Baltimore made him the highest paid QB in football the following off-season. They didn't back up the Brinks truck because he sucked. He was 'their guy' for the foreseeable future.

People tend to only remember that Dalton never won a playoff game or think about Troy picking off Flacco in the AFCCG. They both play for really bad football teams right now, and it shows. But 4 or 5 years ago, both of those guys were very, very good quarterbacks.
    Dalton padded his stats and win totals in day games (usually against lesser teams), in the higher stakes regular season games, in the night games, and of course the playoff games, he habitually crumbled like a cookie. Those big game losses were largely ecause of how awful he played

I'll give Flacco credit for being very good for all of 4 games in his career in the 2012 postseason even if he was aided by the broncos safety forgetting how to walk on that one upchuck pass. Other than that he was carried by an elite defense and Ray Rice. As the team lost more key pieces from the 2008-2012 teams those Ravens teams stopped winning consistently

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

But 4 or 5 years ago, both of those guys were very, very good quarterbacks.
    Gimmee some of that shit you're smoking/drinking..... You're kidding, right ? In my opinion, Flacco was 'good' at times, but certainly NOT a very, very good quarterback. Dalton, I never considered a franchise QB, and again NOT a very, very good quarterback. I too hated playing the bungholes, but that's just because we ALWAYS play down to our opponents and we'd always let the bungholes hang around in a game that ended up biting us in the ass.....beat ourselves per say. Dalton a 'good' back-up at most. I really don't think their were any teams that would have rang the phone lines trying to sign Dalton. AJ Green possibly the only bunghole that would have had trade value.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Who wins the Tua Bowl, Dolphins or Bengals? Considering the Dolphins have to play the Jets twice, the Bengals might be the new favorite in the race lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Who wins the Tua Bowl, Dolphins or Bengals? Considering the Dolphins have to play the Jets twice, the Bengals might be the new favorite in the race lol
    The winner will be the team that doesn’t draft Tua...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Bengals were dumb not to trade Dalton and Eifert. Waste of a season, old vets that most likely won't be back next season. Poorly run

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Dalton padded his stats and win totals in day games (usually against lesser teams), in the higher stakes regular season games, in the night games, and of course the playoff games, he habitually crumbled like a cookie. Those big game losses were largely ecause of how awful he played

I'll give Flacco credit for being very good for all of 4 games in his career in the 2012 postseason even if he was aided by the broncos safety forgetting how to walk on that one upchuck pass. Other than that he was carried by an elite defense and Ray Rice. As the team lost more key pieces from the 2008-2012 teams those Ravens teams stopped winning consistently
    That formula works for Brady.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    That formula works for Brady.
    Brady also wins the big games that matter too

Re: Red Rifle Returns

With the season slipping away and still no win to show for it, the Bengals are going back to Andy Dalton at quarterback.

https://triblive.com/sports/winless-...o-andy-dalton/

Spoiler alert - the Bengals season already has “slipped away”

Glad Taylor waited for Finley to complete the game yesterday before doing this.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

See you Space Cowboy ...

Re: Red Rifle Returns

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    With the season slipping away and still no win to show for it, the Bengals are going back to Andy Dalton at quarterback.

https://triblive.com/sports/winless-...o-andy-dalton/

Spoiler alert - the Bengals season already has “slipped away”

Glad Taylor waited for Finley to complete the game yesterday before doing this.
    What's the point? They going from giving up on the season to avoiding 0-16? That's the only thing i can see with bringing Dalton back into the lineup