Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes/Goats vs Dolphins

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes/Goats vs Dolphins

Steelers almost blow it, but beat Miami to move to 3-4.

Heroes: Second Half Team.

Goats: First Half Team.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Heroes/Goats vs Dolphins

Juju and Watt.

Rudolph almost gets the goat.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Heroes - Conner (Tomlin says AC joint shoulder injury), JuJu, Watt, Minkah (like this trade more & more)

Goats - Fichtner (at last I have found the heir to Arians as the weekly recipient of my postgame angst)

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Conner and Watt

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Tomlin, he won a challenge!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Rudolph almost gets the goat.
    First game coming back from a concussion, horrible start (His first really bad play all season), fans booing him to death, Duck chants, and he didn't fall apart and leads the Steelers O to another 20+ points.

If that makes him a goat, then I wonder if he'll win the hero someday.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    First game coming back from a concussion, horrible start (His first really bad play all season), fans booing him to death, Duck chants, and he didn't fall apart and leads the Steelers O to another 20+ points.

If that makes him a goat, then I wonder if he'll win the hero someday.
    I gotta give it to the kid as well. I thought he'd be skiddish after getting his marbled knocked out but he didn't even flinch in the pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If that makes him a goat, then I hate to see him win the hero someday.
    He caused 7 of the Phins points and left at least 14 “easy” points on the field. This is the NFL. It’s hard. First half and portions of the second, Rudolph looked uncertain and confused.

Two scores were a blown coverage and an amazing play by Juju.

Against not the Dolphins, Rudolph largely contributes to a loss.

Rudolph was late on almost every throw. His ball placement was atrocious. He misfired on multiple open deep balls. He also was off schedule all night on screens. Plays that should've went for big gains were stopped short because of late throws.

All that being said, Rudolph battled and made just enough plays to put the team ahead and gut out a win.

So, yeah, almost goat.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

So we got 2 dong TD's and Mason gave the dolphins one

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Game Ball: TJ is a beast. I don't know what the T stands for but it should stand for terror, also Minkah for the revenge picks and Juju had his best game of the season

Goat: Tomlin had his team ill-prepared again for a shitty team going down by 14, he's just merely lucky the Dolphins are more suited for the FBS. Seriously what did he do during the bye week? Also Fichtner, his playcalls make me miss Todd Haley

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

He caused 7 of the Phins points and left at least 14 “easy” points on the field. This is the NFL. It’s hard. First half and portions of the second, Rudolph looked uncertain and confused.

Two scores were a blown coverage and an amazing play by Juju.

Against not the Dolphins, Rudolph largely contributes to a loss.
    All true, but I’m absolutely happy that we let him play rather than turtle and win without giving him a chance to go through his growing pains.

I figure Mason either is the man or he isn’t. This is the season to find that out. Our number one priority this season is to give him maximum opportunity to grow and succeed or fail and let us know that he isn’t the future.

I don’t care about winning a few games to go 6-10 through brilliant play calling and utilizing his “strengths” if his strengths don’t involve being able to throw accurate passes like an NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    So we got 2 dong TD's and Mason gave the dolphins one
    You get a dong TD. AND YOU GET A DONG TD! Everyone gets a dong TD!!

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    All true, but I’m absolutely happy that we let him play rather than turtle and win without giving him a chance to go through his growing pains.

I figure Mason either is the man or he isn’t. This is the season to find that out. Our number one priority this season is to give him maximum opportunity to grow and succeed or fail and let us know that he isn’t the future.

I don’t care about winning a few games to go 6-10 through brilliant play calling and utilizing his “strengths” if his strengths don’t involve being able to throw accurate passes like an NFL QB.
    All of this is spot on. I'd never bench Rudoplh unless he's hurt. Gotta see what he can become.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think Mason cleaned it up as the game went on. At least he isn't "seeing ghosts" like Sam Darnold. He's a gutsy kid, it will be good to see how he develops.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

They stopped pretending Mason is Ben Roethlisberger and started calling plays that make him throw in rhythm. The quick slant was a good play, Dolphins blown coverage or not. Once that happened, he took off.

I concede that he pulls too late and that results in throwing behind, but he can get better at that.

If the Steelers go into the Colts game and try to turn Mason into Ben and still act like we have Antonio Brown, then the game is lost before its even played. I do not trust Fichtner to get the message.

They stopped pretending Mason is Ben Roethlisberger and started calling plays that make him throw in rhythm. The quick slant was a good play, Dolphins blown coverage or not. Once that happened, he took off.

I concede that he pulls too late and that results in throwing behind, but he can get better at that.

If the Steelers go into the Colts game and try to turn Mason into Ben, then the team is fucked. I do not trust Fichtner to get the message.
    What does any of that even mean?

Rudolph missed easy short throws repeatedly.

In second half he hit the same throws he missed in first half.

Then he missed several late.

You keep posting something you feel very strongly about, but doesn't seem to always jive with what we all see on TV.

Honestly trying to understand.

What does any of that even mean?

Rudolph missed easy short throws repeatedly.

In second half he hit the same throws he missed in first half.

Then he missed several late.

You keep posting something you feel very strongly about, but doesn't seem to always jive with what we all see on TV.

Honestly trying to understand.
    What I mean is that the Steelers should've focused more on establishing an early rhythm for Rudolph instead of making him overthink. You said it yourself. He's slow on the decisions, so make him decide faster. Quick reads and throws. Tonight's gameplan was Mason being thrust into the role of a gunslinger offense. We've seen the warts.

The first throw were developing routes to grab an early chunk, but Mason missed it badly and resulted in the pick. I get that you want your shots early and prove a point, but theres a difference between wanting a player to grow and making him be someone he's not. Even worse, it was an awful throw.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Game Ball: TJ is a beast. I don't know what the T stands for but it should stand for terror, also Minkah for the revenge picks and Juju had his best game of the season

Goat: Tomlin had his team ill-prepared again for a shitty team going down by 14, he's just merely lucky the Dolphins are more suited for the FBS. Seriously what did he do during the bye week? Also Fichtner, his playcalls make me miss Todd Haley
    If there were a way, you'd pin the Kennedy assassination on Tomlin, too.
    Last edited by Craic; 10-29-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Miami vs the Jets next week? who's gonna win? I honestly don't know lol. I mean other than a lucky win against Dallas I don't really see much of a diff between the two teams

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post

If there were a way, you'd pin the Kennedy assassination on Tomlin, too.

We had a QB who gifted the team the ball twice. A defense that was getting tired because they were on the field so much. And then, the team took control of the game and put up 27 unanswered points. And you're statement here is. Tomlin is the goat?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    If there were a way, you'd pin the Kennedy assassination on Tomlin, too. oh:
    The Kennedys are just dead Indians in his cowboy movie. Obviously.

ok fine game balls, no one. if it wasn't for losing, the dolphins totally would've won.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Minkah and TJ.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I haven't seen the game yet. Funny thing is that by the tone of this thread its hard to tell if the Steelers won or lost.

I mean, all the sports websites show the Steelers with a victory, but there doesn't seem to be many pleased by it in this thread.

What I mean is that the Steelers should've focused more on establishing an early rhythm for Rudolph instead of making him overthink. You said it yourself. He's slow on the decisions, so make him decide faster. Quick reads and throws. Tonight's gameplan was Mason being thrust into the role of a gunslinger offense. We've seen the warts.

The first throw were developing routes to grab an early chunk, but Mason missed it badly and resulted in the pick. I get that you want your shots early and prove a point, but theres a difference between wanting a player to grow and making him be someone he's not. Even worse, it was an awful throw.
    They were the same routes he hit later. They weren't big slow developing plays. Rudolph just waited too long and throw a horrific ball.

Ben was on the sidelines showing him that if he put the ball high and on an arc, juju pulls it in and rumbles for some big yards.

Slow to pull the trigger and bad ball placement is a deadly combo in the NFL.

Rudolph missed screens and passes to his backs for the same reasons.

The simplified gunslinger versus quick trigger you are painting just isn't true.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They were the same routes he hit later. They weren't big slow developing plays. Rudolph just waited too long and throw a horrific ball.

Ben was on the sidelines showing him that if he put the ball high and on an arc, juju pulls it in and rumbles for some big yards.

Slow to pull the trigger and bad ball placement is a deadly combo in the NFL.

Rudolph missed screens and passes to his backs for the same reasons.

The simplified gunslinger versus quick trigger you are painting just isn't true.
    Have you seen Ben play worse games than Mason played tonight?