Thread: JJ Watt lost for season - torn pec

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

JJ Watt lost for season - torn pec

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt confirmed on social media that he is done for the year after he was injured in Sunday's 27-24 win over the Oakland Raiders....

The Texans fear that Watt tore his pectoral muscle, sources confirmed to ESPN's Dianna Russini. Watt also referenced his pec in another tweet after Sunday's game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-ending-injury

Sorry JJ Watt, who seems to be one of the good guys, has another season ending injury

I am old enough to know there has been intensive weight training and steroids going back to at least the 70s (hello 70s Steelers offensive line).

But IMO the repeated incidents of players having season ending injuries from torn upper body muscles supports the conclusion the NFL testing program for modern PEDs is a joke. Bodies of modern NFL linemen are way beyond the safe tolerances that can be supported by the musculoskeletal system and it is more than not missing any meals and hitting the gym.

Just check out how someone like Alan Faneca looks once he got out of the game.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: JJ Watt lost for season - torn pec

Such a shame, a potential all time great career ruined by injuries

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Texans defensive end J.J. Watt confirmed on social media that he is done for the year after he was injured in Sunday's 27-24 win over the Oakland Raiders....

The Texans fear that Watt tore his pectoral muscle, sources confirmed to ESPN's Dianna Russini. Watt also referenced his pec in another tweet after Sunday's game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-ending-injury

Sorry JJ Watt, who seems to be one of the good guys, has another season ending injury

I am old enough to know there has been intensive weight training and steroids going back to at least the 70s (hello 70s Steelers offensive line).

But IMO the repeated incidents of players having season ending injuries from torn upper body muscles supports the conclusion the NFL testing program for modern PEDs is a joke. Bodies of modern NFL linemen are way beyond the safe tolerances that can be supported by the musculoskeletal system and it is more than not missing any meals and hitting the gym.

Just check out how someone like Alan Faneca looks once he got out of the game.

see: Kendrell Bell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Even with a few seasons cut short, Watt has had an amazing career.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Even with a few seasons cut short, Watt has had an amazing career.
    He's probably still a guaranteed HoFer just based on a few ultra-dominant seasons. At his best, the dude literally took over games. But yeah you hate to see this happen to the guy.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    He's probably still a guaranteed HoFer just based on a few ultra-dominant seasons. At his best, the dude literally took over games. But yeah you hate to see this happen to the guy.
    He has more pro bowls than Terrell Davis and as many pro bowls and more first team all-pros then Kenny Easley both who had careers cut short. And he played for more seasons than both did. He may have to wait, but based on that he should still be inducted. Plus only Lawrence Taylor has as any defensive player of the year awards so that should factor in as well

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

It's a damn shame. He's a good character guy.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    He has more pro bowls than Terrell Davis and as many pro bowls and more first team all-pros then Kenny Easley both who had careers cut short. And he played for more seasons than both did. He may have to wait, but based on that he should still be inducted. Plus only Lawrence Taylor has as any defensive player of the year awards so that should factor in as well
    You mean the Lawrence Taylor that admitted to using cocaine during games. I'm sure that wasn't performance enhancing.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    You mean the Lawrence Taylor that admitted to using cocaine during games. I'm sure that wasn't performance enhancing.

You could have given LT a sleeping pill during a game and he still would have kicked ass.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Ain't buying it he cheated playing high out of his mind. Fuck that guy

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

As good as Watt may be while playing, what good does it do if he is always injured? Could it be his aggressive style that makes him good AND gets I'm injured? Or is he just fragile?

I'd think twice before investing large amounts into TJ.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Ain't buying it he cheated playing high out of his mind. Fuck that guy

Gil Brandt's greatest NFL linebackers of all time

1. Lawrence Taylor

New York Giants, 1981-1993
    » Two-time Super Bowl champion
    » Voted to 10 Pro Bowls, First Team All-Pro eight times
    » Recorded 132.5 career sacks, which ranks No. 13 on the all-time list