Thread: Pretty funny

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Pretty funny

In case you can’t exactly tell what’s happening, they started playing Renegade at the Chargers home game against us. But then they cut it off and Rick-rolled the Steelers fans.

Some of the Chargers players got really pissed that they played our song at all, but I think it showed a sense of humor.

But humor is subjective, and I get why the Chargers weren’t in a laughing mood given the circumstances.

https://youtu.be/V3r9lMp2VZE

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Pretty funny

Ah, I guess this is now a San Diego thing, or at least a Southern California thing. The Padres did the exact same thing when the Red Sox were in town a couple months ago. Chargers can't even be original, the bastards!

See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I love it, even though "Rick Rolling" was played out a decade ago.
    Ironically, it was mostly our defense that won that game anyway.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Ah, I guess this is now a San Diego thing, or at least a Southern California thing. The Padres did the exact same thing when the Red Sox were in town a couple months ago. Chargers can't even be original, the bastards!

Well, the Chargers players didn’t seem to even get the joke:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...temporary-home

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Well, the Chargers players didn’t seem to even get the joke:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...temporary-home
    Well duh, because they're assholes!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well duh, because they're assholes!
    That and millennial Chargers players don't even know who Rick Astley is or even the internet joke from years back. Rivers is to much of a dick to inform them. Ps. sorry don't want to fire you up again but is probably true.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

It’s actually a little pathetic. I would hate to be a Charger’s player right now. No real home and no fan base. I don’t think it will get that much better when the new stadium is built. It will be the Rams stadium. Chargers should be candidates for a home in Britain.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just go back to San Diego...if they'll still have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    People were kind of "meh" about them leaving and would probably not mind if they came back ... I think the city already agreed to sell off the land and tear down the stadium, though, so untangling that would be fun.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    It’s actually a little pathetic. I would hate to be a Charger’s player right now. No real home and no fan base. I don’t think it will get that much better when the new stadium is built. It will be the Rams stadium. Chargers should be candidates for a home in Britain.
    I know they’ve been dealing with injuries (who hasn’t) but weren’t the Chargers supposed to be some kind of powerhouse this year?

But yeah, it must not be fun to be on that team right now. At least Melvin Gordon knows he’ll be gone next year.

Still, getting a shiny new stadium should help them next year. Or at least be nice for fans of all the teams they face.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Speaking of lousy, greedy ownership. Agreeing to follow the Rams and share the place is just dumb, cheap and greedy

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas