Thread: Patriots' Defensive Dominance

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Patriots' Defensive Dominance

"Patriots' Defensive Dominance Has NFL Rivals in Awe of Bill Belichick Again

MIKE FREEMAN
    OCTOBER 11, 20190

Elise Amendola/Associated Press

There are people in the NFL who have spent much of their careers studying everything Bill Belichick does, and they say what he is doing this season with the Patriots defense is unprecedented, even for him.

As coaches have prepared to face New England, or have looked at the Patriots' game tape to steal tricks and ideas, they've all come away thinking the future Hall of Fame coach has created the most disciplined, effective and well-rounded defense they've ever seen. Some—I spoke to four assistants total—say the Patriots defense is the best example yet of how Belichick blends talent with a total team concept."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...elichick-again

Lets see what happens when they play a serious offense.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Patriots' Defensive Dominance

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    "Patriots' Defensive Dominance Has NFL Rivals in Awe of Bill Belichick Again

Lets see what happens when they play a serious offense.

I am looking forward to Belichick matching up with Lamar Jackson in an early November Sunday night game

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    [/CENTER]
    I am looking forward to Belichick matching up with Lamar Jackson in an early November Sunday night game
    Yeah, and the Ravens usually play the Patriots tough.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

So tired if hearing how they are setting records. They have literally played total shit offenses

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Fuck the Patriots*

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Steelers, Jets, Bill, Redskins, Dolphins ... they've played arguably the worst teams in the NFL thus far.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

The Patriots beat me up:

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Pats- Ravens should be a good game.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Greatest dynasty in NFL history. I can't wait for their era to end.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Greatest dynasty in NFL history. I can't wait for their era to end.
    you & me both Bro!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Steelers, Jets, Bill, Redskins, Dolphins ... they've played arguably the worst teams in the NFL thus far.
    Yep - Football Outsiders DVOA efficiency ratings ranks the six offenses the Pats have played at 24 and below in a 32 team league

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff/2019

Those abysmal rankings are due to more than just having the ranking depressed by what those teams did against the Pats

"A different brand of domination: Why critics of the Patriots defense are off base

By Nick Underhill Oct 16, 2019 6

The Patriots haven’t played anyone.

The defense isn’t that good.

No one knows anything about them.

What have we learned?

Blah, blah, blah.

Anyone who has actually watched the Patriots this season knows the level of dominance they’ve exhibited on the defensive side of the ball has been a different brand from what is usually seen. This isn’t the garden-variety good team vs. bad team stuff. The first six weeks have been like King Koopa running alongside some Koopa Troopas."

And if you don’t believe it — or if you don’t understand that Super Mario Brothers reference — there are measures out there that show just how good the Patriots have been. We live in an era where you can isolate things and see how a team is stacking up against its opponents. So, when someone says Miami’s receivers don’t get open, we check that and see how often those guys get open and how it compares by
    opponent.

Here’s a hint:..."

https://theathletic.com/1295672/2019...-are-off-base/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Paywall article.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I realized that it's not the Patriots I hate, it's their fans. These guys have a sense of entitlement that's worse than the millenials nowadays

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

The Patriots beat me up:

Why show Tom Brady when we are talking about the defense?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Most Pat's fans have the sweep it under the carpet mindset! Nothing to see here!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

The Patriots beat me up:

Go fuck yourself troll

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I realized that it's not the Patriots I hate, it's their fans. These guys have a sense of entitlement that's worse than the millenials nowadays
    That is Boston fans period.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

We can't help it if we're the best.

"Boston Ranked Best City for Sports Fans; New York, Not

Is anyone surprised?

Boston prides itself on its rich sporting tradition and winning heritage, from the dynastic Bill Russell-led Celtics of the 50s and 60s, to the Big Bad Bruins of the early 70s, to the seemingly indefinite Brady-Belichick era—plus all the area’s success in college hockey and football, and some team called the “Red Sox.”"

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/...y-sports-fans/

I like Duck though.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The fans are easy to despise, but I'm conflicted on "Clothes Hamper Belichick". On the one hand, he's a student of the game and comes off as likeable in candid moments, but OTOH he embraces cheating right out in the open; testing gray areas in the letter of the rules instead of abiding by their intent. There's no sense of 'fair play' there.
    Like "Let's see if we can sub our players while denying the opponents the opportunity to do the same". I don't think that idea would even occur to most coaches.

But yeah... I know very few likeable Pats fans, especially online. We used to have a decent one around here, but I don't know what ever became of him.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Like "Let's see if we can sub our players while denying the opponents the opportunity to do the same". I don't think that idea would even occur to most coaches.
    Yeah, that never occurred to other coaches.