Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 7 games total record = 13-27-1. We got this!

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

Next 7 games total record = 13-27-1. We got this!

As many games as we have shot ourselves in the foot, this is the pathetic record we are playing over the next 7 games. The only 2 games against winning teams are at home. IF IF IF, we don't shoot ourselves, we could realistically win 6 of these and be 8-5 going down the stretch with everything still achievable in front of us. Thoughts?
    "I think they can count on me. And I want them to be able to count on me."
    ~ Big Ben Roethlisberger, 2005

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Next 7 games total record = 13-27-1. We got this!

Preach on!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

These next 2 games will be huge.

Miami is the classic trap game, and trap games have always been their achilles heel. We need to win this game and not just merely 'escape' it like the redskins did. I'm talking a win by no less than 14 points. I'm not taking this game for granted, the last time I did, we were playing a horrible bucs team at home led by Mike Glennon. I think they were like 1-6 or something and embarassed them at home. I'm a little more optimistic that this young team doesn't have the same complacency the Steeler teams of the past few years did though. Not to mention there's some bulletin board material about Miami trading Fitz to us because they expected us to tank the season. Good reason to punch these fuckers in the mouth.

Indy at home will be tough, they are a good team. Beating them at home will put us at 4-4 and make a statement that we're very much in the mix.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    These next 2 games will be huge.

Miami is the classic trap game, and trap games have always been their achilles heel. We need to win this game and not just merely 'escape' it like the redskins did. I'm talking a win by no less than 14 points. I'm not taking this game for granted, the last time I did, we were playing a horrible bucs team at home led by Mike Glennon. I think they were like 1-6 or something and embarassed them at home. I'm a little more optimistic that this young team doesn't have the same complacency the Steeler teams of the past few years did though.

Indy at home will be tough, they are a good team. Beating them at home will put us at 4-4 and make a statement that we're very much in the mix.
    As the Ravens play their next two games wrapped around their bye week

@Seahawks
    Bye week
    Patriots (Sunday night)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

That is assuming we stay healthy. This team is a M*A*S*H unit right now.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

10-6

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

We should have this, but then again Mike Tomlin is our head coach. Tomlin is probably Miami's biggest opportunity for a victory after the Bengirls

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    We should have this, but then again Mike Tomlin is our head coach. Tomlin is probably Miami's biggest opportunity for a victory after the Bengirls
    You Suck

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    As the Ravens play their next two games wrapped around their bye week

@Seahawks
    Bye week
    Patriots (Sunday night)
    Bingo!!!

In three weeks, it could very easily be this:

Steelers: 4-4
    Ravens: 4-4

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah if the Steelers can keep winning and, yes they do have winnable games coming up at home. The Tuitt IR injury is a big hit for the d-line but, I think the defense is coming together they are getting better.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bingo!!!

In three weeks, it could very easily be this:

Steelers: 4-4
    Ravens: 4-4
    Browns at 2-6 would make me smile too

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Browns at 2-6 would make me smile too
    Stains could very well be 2-7 when we play them.

Their next 3 games before us:

at Cheats**
    at Denver
    vs Buffalo

Not easy to win in Denver and the Bills defense is legit

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

9-7

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
    As many games as we have shot ourselves in the foot, this is the pathetic record we are playing over the next 7 games. The only 2 games against winning teams are at home. IF IF IF, we don't shoot ourselves, we could realistically win 6 of these and be 8-5 going down the stretch with everything still achievable in front of us. Thoughts?
    Think about this. Without the Juju/Conner fumbles this team (yes this team) could easily be 4-2 right now. If we had this defense two years ago when we gave up 14,343 points to the Jags in the playoffs ...

Oh well.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    9-7
    I sure hope so, but objectively looking at the schedule from here on out, I see 7-9. I hope I am underestimating things.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I sure hope so, but objectively looking at the schedule from here on out, I see 7-9. I hope I am underestimating things.
    I'm just looking at winnable games... a formula that hasn't worked very well for Steelers' fans in recent years. Realistically, it could go anywhere from 5-11 to 10-6, so I'm reaching towards the optimistic side. If Rudolph can prove to carry the offense, I like their chances.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm just looking at winnable games... a formula that hasn't worked very well for Steelers' fans in recent years. Realistically, it could go anywhere from 5-11 to 10-6, so I'm reaching towards the optimistic side. If Rudolph can prove to carry the offense, I like their chances.
    This is going to be the biggest thing. So far he's had so-so touch on his deep balls. If he can get better touch on his deep balls then other teams will have to respect and defend both the pass & run. As of right now if I'm gaming planning for the Steelers I'm loading the box.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

8-8 is about the best I can see it falling out as. Even if they go 9-7+, they are likely going to be like the Tyrod Taylor led Bills a few years back. A fatally flawed wildcard team that makes a fun late season run and then flames out in the playoffs.

So, a normal Steelers season?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    8-8 is about the best I can see it falling out as. Even if they go 9-7+, they are likely going to be like the Tyrod Taylor led Bills a few years back. A fatally flawed wildcard team that makes a fun late season run and then flames out in the playoffs.

So, a normal Steelers season?
    Meh, kind of like those mid 80's Steelers. Fun to watch on Sundays, but I have no expectations of greatness this season. These kind of years can separate the fans from the fair weather fans.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Main difference between mid 80’s and now......no fan websites where the bitchers come out of the woodwork to bitch.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

As of right now if I'm gaming planning for the Steelers I'm loading the box.
    That became true the moment Ben went down. Honestly we've had above expected backup QB play, and I am grateful. Can one of those guys stretch the field, given our current crop of receivers, and also not become a turnover machine? That's the question. Until they prove that they can, expect a much tighter game plan and a reliance on our own defense. Which isn't exactly a bad thing.....

I figure 8-8, but there is still a semi-reasonable chance at 9-7 and a wildcard. If nothing else, the team is enjoyable to watch again. They haven't felt like they were under performing the last few weeks, which is something that I got from them sometimes for the last......ummm......number of years. I think ideally they get into the playoffs, lose, but then come roaring back next year with this same defense, plus a better and tighter offensive scheme.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not trying to come at anyone posting here. But I can't wrap my head around something. Across Steelers related internet sites, people seem happier that the team is not good and may barely eek out a .500 season because the defense is fun to watch again?

I mean have Steelers fans just bought so far into the mythology of "Steelers" football that as long as the team plays the "right way" the results don't matter?

Hey, as long as people are having fun watching and talking about the games -- I do not care how they get there! I am honestly trying to understand the point of view.

Not trying to come at anyone posting here. But I can't wrap my head around something. Across Steelers related internet sites, people seem happier that the team is not good and may barely eek out a .500 season because the defense is fun to watch again?

I mean have Steelers fans just bought so far into the mythology of "Steelers" football that as long as the team plays the "right way" the results don't matter?

Hey, as long as people are having fun watching and talking about the games -- I do not care how they get there! I am honestly trying to understand the point of view.
    Not sure. Cant say I noticed anybody really happier here. I guess Steeldude is still dissatisfied.

Possibly lower expectations due to injuries leading to less gnashing of teeth.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

There was so much negativity around the team the past several seasons, culminating in the 2018 crash & burn on & off the field, that watching this maybe .500 team is more enjoyable to me than what was available from the Broncos loss through the end of 2018 and the resolution of the AB drama.

It would be even better wondering how far this team without the injuries to Ben & Tuitt might go in a mediocre AFC, but to me 2018 was even worse than the 2006 and 2009 clusters of a season. So even with the best case being a long shot at the playoffs I get why many fans may be happier this season (or at least less upset)

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolv View Post
    I figure 8-8, but there is still a semi-reasonable chance at 9-7 and a wildcard.
    9-7 will probably win the AFCN and get a WC home game. The AFC is pretty bad from top to bottom.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I think that for many, the expectations of the team are drastically lower and they can just watch new, young talent and cheer like crazy for the team if they rise up and pull off a decent season. I get the sense that many here can't stand thinking that the team can contend for a championship, and not perform up to their expectations like the last few seasons.

That's the sense I get from it.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'll echo PCZach's sentiments. Expectations are lower, and so is the disappointment. Plus, who doesn't love an underdog?
    For me, this is a team with less ego, but a lot more heart.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Exactly. When I watch they look like they are giving their all. Maybe that's not enough. But the last couple of years...when they have crazy superstar talent (see what I did there?), they played sloppy, lost to poor teams, didn't look prepared. Heck, how many times did they send out 10 men on defense last year? It was more than once.

When you you have world class superstar talent, a defense stocked with draft picks, and a franchise quarterback the expectation is a deep playoff run. What was delivered was an episode of the Kardashians. I root for the team either way, but if it takes a bad year to get back to football, then it's worth it. If that football happens to be old school smash mouth, then that's a bonus. But really I just want to see a team that looks like it is invested in the game, not the lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Good responses. I guess I just never saw/felt some of the same things as others did.

I really don’t see a team that is any more or less prepared. I do see a team that is far better at concerning itself with each player focusing on his assignment without trying to cover-up for the guy next to him.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Good responses. I guess I just never saw/felt some of the same things as others did.

I really don’t see a team that is any more or less prepared. I do see a team that is far better at concerning itself with each player focusing on his assignment without trying to cover-up for the guy next to him.
    Couldn’t that be considered more prepared?