Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bud Dupree No Longer Terrible

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Bud Dupree No Longer Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Dong isn't even that. It's not even really beating the TE or RB, but there's pressure from other guys, and the play kind of moves toward you, and you get the sack or tackle for a loss anyway. Or maybe you "beat" the TE or the RB by the opponent miscommunicating and leaving you totally unblocked or pushing you into the play. The kind of thing that happens a few times a game, and if it's your guy, then lucky you.
    A dong sack to me is unblocked, the blocker falls over or a coverage sack. Basically, it's a sack any average high school athlete(that includes golfers) could make. These are really the only way Dupree gets a sack. When Dupree does get a "sack" the Dupree Choir Boys jump up and down claiming he is the next LT. They will have to wait about 18 quarters to jump up and down again.
    Hater = Realist

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I say we sell high!

Trade Bud Dupree for Stefon Diggs and some picks. And upgrade Ola as a starter.

He is lackadaisical , he is finally playing with a motor because it benefits him the most in a contract year. Once he gets paid, he will go back to taking it easy. Also there is no sure thing that we will be able to afford his contract requests if he has a knock out year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I say we sell high!

Trade Bud Dupree for Stefon Diggs and some picks. And upgrade Ola as a starter.

He is lackadaisical , he is finally playing with a motor because it benefits him the most in a contract year. Once he gets paid, he will go back to taking it easy. Also there is no sure thing that we will be able to afford his contract requests if he has a knock out year.
    Lol. I’d do that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No, there are dong plays.
    I honestly think INT's should be handled like sacks. For instance if an INT was the result of a batted or deflected pass, the guy who batted the pass should be credited with half an INT. Bush might get that INT on the stat sheet, but Alualu was the one who made it happen.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I honestly think INT's should be handled like sacks. For instance if an INT was the result of a batted or deflected pass, the guy who batted the pass should be credited with half an INT. Bush might get that INT on the stat sheet, but Alualu was the one who made it happen.
    If you're going to keep track of batted balls, no one in the league would come close to Tom Brady.

Oh, snap! Take that, Buttbrady!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

well imagine that .... in a contract year ...

money is his motivator ....

hard pass moving forward
    yep, thanks for trying this year but no thank you

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    A dong sack to me is unblocked, the blocker falls over or a coverage sack. Basically, it's a sack any average high school athlete(that includes golfers) could make. These are really the only way Dupree gets a sack. When Dupree does get a "sack" the Dupree Choir Boys jump up and down claiming he is the next LT. They will have to wait about 18 quarters to jump up and down again.
    I’m not putting him in the HOF, but can we just objectively call good plays, good plays? Not everything he does is “dong”

This is a great football play splash play in a crucial time that might have really affected the flow of the game.

https://youtu.be/JTJ6_wk4OZM

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I’m not putting him in the HOF, but can we just objectively call good plays, good plays? Not everything he does is “dong”

This is a great football play splash play in a crucial time that might have really affected the flow of the game.

https://youtu.be/JTJ6_wk4OZM
    Yes, a great play, but that's rare for Dupree. Putting forth effort is difficult for Dupree also. I do not want to see Dupree in a Steeler uniform next year.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You know what Bud Dupree does every day? Bud Dupree dongs out of bed in the morning and dongs his teeth, then dongs down some cereal and toast.

Then he dongs TV for a while before he dongs down to the gym, then on the way home he stops at the store and dongs some groceries. Then for lunch he dongs himself a sandwich, then plays with his dong - er, dog - before he dongs over to his friend's house, where they dong a pizza to eat while they dong a movie.

Finally, he goes home and dongs a beer, and then dongs some video games for an hour or two before he dongs off to sleep. All night, he dreams about dongs.

Maybe not EVERYTHING he does is dong, but it's damn close.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol...who has the exact definition of the dong sack?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Member Array title="Blast Furnace is on a distinguished road">

It has taken him 5 years just to get to this point! His total upside isn't much higher and the Steelers should expect to do better. they need to evaluate Ola in preparation for next year (the draft and season). If Ola can handle the job just fine, then a top 2 round draft pick for OLB won't be necessary (most likely round 1).

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blast Furnace View Post
    It has taken him 5 years just to get to this point! His total upside isn't much higher and the Steelers should expect to do better. they need to evaluate Ola in preparation for next year (the draft and season). If Ola can handle the job just fine, then a top 2 round draft pick for OLB won't be necessary (most likely round 1).
    Well, we don’t have a first round pick next year so we’d better hope Ola is the man to replace Bud.

I think it’s interesting how polarizing Bud is around here. I’m in the camp where I think he is good and only getting better, but I understand that he’ll probably be offered more money elsewhere.

I have a feeling that if Dupree goes on to have a great career for another team, I don’t think it will upset the Bud haters one bit, because my intuition tells me that there is a strong crossover between Bud haters and Butler haters. So Dupree’s success elsewhere won’t prove that we should have kept him, it will prove that Butler just didn’t know how to coach him.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

I’ve never seen the exact definition. But in general I think it means an unearned sack, or one that anyone could have gotten by just being in the right place at the right time.

This might help:

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...8-accd9a9d75cd

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I’ve never seen the exact definition. But in general I think it means an unearned sack, or one that anyone could have gotten by just being in the right place at the right time.

This might help:

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...8-accd9a9d75cd
    http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...8-d298169147be

Yeah, as much criticism as Bud Dupree gets (most of it reasonable) it’s nothing compared to the hate Jason Gildon got from some people. Man, you’d think he was worse than Jarvis Jones.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well, we don’t have a first round pick next year so we’d better hope Ola is the man to replace Bud.

I think it’s interesting how polarizing Bud is around here. I’m in the camp where I think he is good and only getting better, but I understand that he’ll probably be offered more money elsewhere.

I have a feeling that if Dupree goes on to have a great career for another team, I don’t think it will upset the Bud haters one bit, because my intuition tells me that there is a strong crossover between Bud haters and Butler haters. So Dupree’s success elsewhere won’t prove that we should have kept him, it will prove that Butler just didn’t know how to coach him.
    I love this. What if Butler leaves and coaches somewhere else and Dupree signs for the same team and gets 22 sacks?

I suspect that it is a plot by AB and Robert Kraft.

Yeah, as much criticism as Bud Dupree gets (most of it reasonable) it’s nothing compared to the hate Jason Gildon got from some people. Man, you’d think he was worse than Jarvis Jones.
    Gildon was very overrated. The Steelers seriously needed to upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything done by Gildon😬
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

The Dong Sack came from another Steeler message board (still alive but hanging on by the thinnest of threads). Jason Gildon was glossed, The Gilded Dong due to being overrated by fans and the media as a pass-rusher.

The Dong Sack referred to his one and only pass rush move: Run wide of the right tackle and about 5 yards behind the QB, then hope coverage held up long enough to work your way back to the QB for a coverage sack. He owed Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake a large portion of the credit for the sacks he did accumulate throughout his career.

Gildong had a very explosive first step, but he was predictable. His main 'move' was the outside speed rush. He'd either get pushed around the arc or come in seemingly unblocked if the tackle wasn't ready for that speed. If he had a more complete skillset, he could have been extremely good.

He basically was the Mike Wallace of OLBs, a one trick pony, but good enough with that one trick to make a decent career, which should have been a lot better. And was overrated due to some pretty impressive looking highlights.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Well, that and they started scheming to his strengths finally rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Personally, I think Dupree's ceiling is slightly above an average NFL player. And, I don't know if he'll ever hit it. But, that being said, forcing him to play outside of his strengths is not a smart idea. (there was a big discussion about that this summer in camp, if I remember correctly, how they were rescheming his position. Several of the radio personalities around the team were saying to be ready for him this year).
    So lousy coaching hindering the development of young talent. Hmmm

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm kinda weird, but I'll take a sack however it comes.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Agreed. The job of the defense is to create chaos and make stops not stack stats. The defense and Bud have played well this season.

Given how many easy interceptions our guys have dropped over the past couple years, I can’t consider any pick a gimme.

There’s still a difference between a guy who can haul those in and someone who Ikes it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Dong Sack is the most Steelers fan thing I can think of.

A positive play... that still receives a ton of derision.

SUMMATION:
    Hines Ward’s TD in Super Bowl XL no longer counts, because he was wide open (anyone could have made that catch). Please, tell him to return his MVP award.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

SUMMATION:
    Hines Ward’s TD in Super Bowl XL no longer counts, because he was wide open (anyone could have made that catch). Please, tell him to return his MVP award.
    True. Its like how Steeler fans discredit Bill Cowher as a coach because in his 15 year career he won 1 Super Bowl....that means he lost 14 Super Bowls to Steeler fans.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

SUMMATION:
    Exactly, Hines Ward won a Dong SBMVP trophy because his catch wasn't into triple coverage like Santonio's was.

But Super Bowl XLIII was a Dong championship because we didn't win by at least 10 points. #1 defense? Laughable! We allowed Warner and Fitzgerald to score a TD and didn't intercept Warner 3 times and sack him at least 10 times. Letting ANYBODY score even 3 points against you is just ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the 78' season where the infamous toilet paper towel curtain allowed 31 points against the cowgirls. queen joe greene (overpaid fraud who's better off doing coke commercials for a living) would just titty-joust and pussy paw-paw with opposing defenders the entire game, and jack ham, the winged god of linebacker coverage got scorched the entire game.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

They only count if the scrappiest, undrafted or lowest drafted player gets them.

I'm with you. I'll take them any way I can and from anyone I can, and smile.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    They only count if the scrappiest, undrafted or lowest drafted player gets them.
    Thanks for the clarification. Howard Jones, Steelers UDFA from Sheppard college could never have a dong sack then. Same with Tuzar Skipper lighting up the NFL with 0.5 sacks for the Giants.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Same with Tuzar Skipper lighting up the NFL with 0.5 sacks for the Giants.
    That's 0.5 sack that doesn't count for the Steelers!

That's 0.5 sack that doesn't count for the Steelers!
    Yeah, but it bet it was a spectacular 0.5 sack, especially since he was the 2019 "Training Camp Hero" for the Steelers that got poached.

If you convert that to Steeler fan sacks, he would have had 10 by now if the Steelers kept him. Its the Jon Kuhn effect.