Thread: Why Devlin Hodges Winning Sunday Night Probably Wouldn’t Surprise Bill Parcells

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Why Devlin Hodges Winning Sunday Night Probably Wouldn’t Surprise Bill Parcells

While it’s still early in the week, it appears as though Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Devlin Hodges might make his first career start Sunday night against the Los Angeles Chargers on the road. Should he indeed start, the odds will be seemingly stacked against Hodges and the Steelers when it comes to winning that Sunday night game and that’s understandable. After all, not only is it tough for any true rookie quarterback to win his first career NFL start, it’s even harder for an undrafted one to do so.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/wh...bill-parcells/

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Why Devlin Hodges Winning Sunday Night Probably Wouldn’t Surprise Bill Parcells

Like Bill and didn't read the article yet, thanks for posting it Shoes! Reason I think Bill maybe right is in my opinion Hodges will hold his own and have a okay night. D will be the reason if we win.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Why Devlin Hodges Winning Sunday Night Probably Wouldn’t Surprise Bill Parcells

This Steelers Depot is just going downhill...totally fabricated article...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Tony Romo attended Eastern Illinois University was an UDFA that Parcells got started ... so well maybe
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Benny Snell FOOTBALL!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

It might not surprise Parcells but apparently it will surprise Mark Kaboly of The Athletic given this comment by Kaboly in his paywalled chat today

Remember, nobody wanted Hodges, not even the Steelers. There is a reason for that, and I have a feeling Sunday night against the Chargers we will be reminded of that

https://theathletic.com/1285349/2019...and-much-more/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    It might not surprise Parcells but apparently it will surprise Mark Kaboly of The Athletic given this comment by Kaboly in his paywalled chat today

Remember, nobody wanted Hodges, not even the Steelers. There is a reason for that, and I have a feeling Sunday night against the Chargers we will be reminded of that

https://theathletic.com/1285349/2019...and-much-more/
    BS! The Steelers kept him on the practice squad despite already having Rudolph and Dobbs behind Ben at the beginning of the season. If "not even the Steelers" wanted Hodges, he wouldn't have been stashed on the PS. Matter of fact, if he was kept on the PS despite having 2 very able backups in Rudolph and Dobbs, that actually says a lot about the kid.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    BS! The Steelers kept him on the practice squad despite already having Rudolph and Dobbs behind Ben at the beginning of the season. If "not even the Steelers" wanted Hodges, he wouldn't have been stashed on the PS. Matter of fact, if he was kept on the PS despite having 2 very able backups in Rudolph and Dobbs, that actually says a lot about the kid.
    100% agree.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Any other team could have signed him after he was waived on August 31 until the Steelers brought him back to the practice squad September 10 after Dobbs was traded.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/09/pi...in-hodges.html

Seems to me if any other team wanted him they had that 10 day window to sign him

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm sure he would have made the 53 if we didn't have either Dobbs or Rudolph. Other teams probably aren't watching our training camp practices as closely as the Steelers' staff. It seems to me that they liked this kid ever since his tryout.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Steelers hid him in the Sunday night preseason primetime game and didn't let him play at all. That there told me they wanted him and was showcasing Dobbs to trade him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Any other team could have signed him after he was waived on August 31 until the Steelers brought him back to the practice squad September 10 after Dobbs was traded.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/09/pi...in-hodges.html

Seems to me if any other team wanted him they had that 10 day window to sign him
    Plenty of guys slip through the cracks. He's an unknown. I think we're about to find out what he's got though. He seems to have moxie (a great word).

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I'm sure he would have made the 53 if we didn't have either Dobbs or Rudolph. Other teams probably aren't watching our training camp practices as closely as the Steelers' staff. It seems to me that they liked this kid ever since his tryout.
    I agree with this. I think they liked him enough to try to move Dobbs and then brought him back to the PS. It was a low risk move nobody was watching him. Not sure if he will be a success or not, but if he is it will make things interesting going forward.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

If anything we can trade him for picks in this QB hungry league. Time for him to showcase his talent and put his resume out there for the league to see. Hopefully it nets us an upset over the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    If anything we can trade him for picks in this QB hungry league. Time for him to showcase his talent and put his resume out there for the league to see. Hopefully it nets us an upset over the Chargers.
    I would hold off on trading him for now and he maybe better then Rudolph. I like Rudolph by the way and think he is doing good. That said Hodges could come out and shit the bed Sunday night but at worse I think he will have a mediocre game. Throw some tds and ints both.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If they didn’t want Hodges, there’s plenty of other QBs out there that they could’ve signed in his place...ie) Landry Jones...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler