Thread: It's 1991 Again

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Cool It's 1991 Again

We have a young team and promising defense that can be really good once they gel.

An not-very-athletic, efficient QB who plays it safe and doesn't make too many mistakes (Mason Rudolph -> Neil O'Donnell)

Southerner QB who's got more of a gunslinger mentality, and has a funny nickname (Duck -> Bubby)

One playmaker at WR, and nobody else (Juju -> Louis Lipps)

Our fastest WR can't catch a cold (Moncrief -> Dwight "Hands of" Stone)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: It's 1991 Again

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    We have a young team and promising defense that can be really good once they gel.

An not-very-athletic, efficient QB who plays it safe and doesn't make too many mistakes (Mason Rudolph -> Neil O'Donnell)

Southerner QB who's got more of a gunslinger mentality, and has a funny nickname (Duck -> Bubby)

One playmaker at WR, and nobody else (Juju -> Louis Lipps)

Our fastest WR can't catch a cold (Moncrief -> Dwight "Hands of" Stone)
    Olsavsky the player - Olsavsky the coach

Huey Richardson - > Bud Dupree?????

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Don’t forget we got a new coach around this time (Noll who hadn’t won a Super Bowl in 10 years, with a decade of mediocrity, to cowher) sounds familiar...

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Does this mean we also get a whole new coaching staff with the exception of the RB coach as well next year?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Antonio Brown was Louis Lipps 2.0. Juju is Yancy Thigpen.

The Steelers in 1991 were coming off a frustrsting stretch of years in the 80’s. The 10’s Steelers were basically the 80’s Steelers redux, only a little more good, but not very great.

The 1991 Steelers finished 7-9, but the pieces were in place for 1992-1997, where the team was very good.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I'll take 91 again and was a good year and got a lot of Hot puss back then.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

IT should be noted that the 1992 offseason the coaching staff was almost completely overhauled which I think helped improvement. I know coaching overhauls don't have a 100% success rate but they work when you get the right people in

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    IT should be noted that the 1992 offseason the coaching staff was almost completely overhauled which I think helped improvement. I know coaching overhauls don't have a 100% success rate but they work when you get the right people in
    IMO the time to do it is when you have a young team (like we did in 91-92). Old dogs tend to resist change and buy in less to a new coaching style / system being installed

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Plus will be nice seeing Lloyd on the right side again instead of Bud.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

You're assuming the 2019 team can win 7 games.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Plus will be nice seeing Lloyd on the right side again instead of Bud.
    AVOID LLOYD!! I loved that sign

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    AVOID LLOYD!! I loved that sign
    Yep and he was my fav even later when Greene was on the other side and better.