Thread: Tomlin traded to Washington fantasy mock draft.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Tomlin traded to Washington fantasy mock draft.

Washington gives us their 2nd and 3rd round pick in exchange for coach Mike Tomlin.

Steelers mock.

Round two Washington's ( Estimate pick 33-37 overall )

Round two ours ( Estimate pick 40-44 overall )

Round three Washington's

Round three comp pick for losing Bell

Pick your players!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Tomlin traded to Washington fantasy mock draft.

Addition by subtraction.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Don’t know specific players yet but can talk positions.

Edge Rusher
    Size speed WR
    DT to replace Hargrave
    Interior OL
    TE
    CB
    ILB

That’d be my priority list.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

So he's a really bad coach but good enough to be worth high draft picks.
    Last edited by stillers4me; 10-09-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    So he's a really bad coach but worth good enough to be worth high draft picks.
    Well it is Dan Snyder so...why not? LOL

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    So he's a really bad coach but good enough to be worth high draft picks.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well today is Christmas and Chanukah. Let's hope Dan Synder calls Art Rooney II and offer the above trade.

Now for my mock:

Round One Washington's Pick. ( Changed the terms because Danny boy really wants Tomlin ) The Bungles take Chase Young, the Steelers turn in their card seconds later and draft....QB Joe Burrow.
    Round two our pick. RB Eitenne
    Round three Washington. G Kraemer
    Round three Comp Pick TE Pinkney

Steelers hire Urban Meyer as their head coach, 5 years, market value average of the top 8 coaches in the NFL

Six Rings hosts a party the next day, all are invited. Changes his poster name to Seven Rings in 2021.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Urban Meyer? Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Urban Meyer? Hard pass.
    He is an excellent football coach.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    He is an excellent football coach.
    No he's not. He's a sleazy college coach who wins by bending the rules, amassing staggering amounts of barely eligible talent, and then moving on before sanctions come down.

If a Steelers coach needed the talent disparity that Meyer does to win, this place would riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    No he's not. He's a sleazy college coach who wins by bending the rules, amassing staggering amounts of barely eligible talent, and then moving on before sanctions come down.

If a Steelers coach needed the talent disparity that Meyer does to win, this place would riot.
    I think he’s very good coach. And he’d counter what hoodie is doing in New England

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I think he’s very good coach. And he’d counter what hoodie is doing in New England
    By doing what? Cheating more? Not impressed by a coach who runs a funky offense that works when his team fields a ludicrous advantage in athletes due to the recruiting imbalances at the college level. What happens when that goes away in the NFL?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Not impressed by a coach who runs a funky offense that works when his team fields a ludicrous advantage in athletes due to the recruiting imbalances at the college level. What happens when that goes away in the NFL?
    Steve Spurrier? Chip Kelly? Nick Saban?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Steve Spurrier? Chip Kelly? Nick Saban?
    and they all stunk it up in the NFL....

Took a few tries for Pete Carrol to get it figured out
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

By doing what? Cheating more? Not impressed by a coach who runs a funky offense that works when his team fields a ludicrous advantage in athletes due to the recruiting imbalances at the college level. What happens when that goes away in the NFL?
    Mojouw,

The ethics of college football and the recruiting process is just dirty. But back to football, a good coach figures out the talent he has and puts them into a position to succeed. Meyer has been a winner where he has been in charge, and his record in bowl games is 12-3, which is amazing.

Ohio State players do pretty well in the NFL. Someone is coaching them up. Talent alone doesn't guarantee victory if it did Tomlin would NOT lose to the Browns and Jets, or other bad team on an annual base. At the end of the season 9-6-1, 9-7, to 8-8 doesn't cut it, BUT had they not blown that one game if would equal PLAYOFFS!

Tomlin is but 3-6 in his last nine playoff games

He's won the division just three times in the last nine years in a division that has the Bengals and Browns.

The Steelers have not won a playoff game since 2016. We are 2 days away from 2020. 4 years.

These numbers suck.

He's also the guy who hires and fires the coaches. How was his pick to hire Randy Fitchner working out?

Oh Tomlin has had the team fined before ( and himself fined several times ) and cost us draft position when he stepped on the field to alter a return man's patch, so he's no angel either.

I get it Urban isn't popular with Penn State fans. I understand some like Tomlin for political reasons ( He once hosted a Hillary Clinton fund raiser in his home. ) A head coach if he wants the full respect of his locker room does not do anything in politics, you can only upset people, nor should he have asked for team vote on who takes the field or not with that take a knee business. Tomlin's act has grown old and stale. His record relative to the talent he has is below where it should be. A head coach picks his staff. Tomlin doesn't know the offense and fired our best OC in Arians, who is clearly better than Randy Fichtner. And hiring Todd Haley? A WTF moment.

Over the years, I've seen bad clock management, questionable red flag usage, and poor judgment on when to go for it and when to kick. Mix in a few goofy calls, here and there, and a lack of in-game adjustments and you see what the Steleers have in the head coach, who, by the way, does little if any sideline coaching. I've seen lazy promotions and rushing players back too quickly from an injury. A head coach has a lot of power.

In my opinion, a good head coach is worth +2 games won a year. A bad one -2 games a year. Good head coaches find a way to win, keep their guys motivated in trap games, and take care of business.

Strike Urban name's off the list if you must, the list of who's out there to hire is better than what we have.

I'm not saying Tomlin is a bad guy. I think he be awesome in the football media, but as a the Steelers head coach, sorry his time is up. I hope the Steelers get that fantasy offer to
    trade him.

Not hard to win when you have several times more talent than the opposing team. Meyer is not a good football coach. And he knows it. I believe it's why he's stayed out of the NFL all these years.

As to the Tomlin stuff, I'm on record all over the previous 110 threads on the issue as a strong Tomlin supporter. The numbers speak for themselves. He wins football games. More of them than almost any coach in the league.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Why are the Steelers trading Tomlin again?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Why are the Steelers trading Tomlin again?
    Because whoever replaces him obviously will win the Super Bowl every year

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Because whoever replaces him obviously will win the Super Bowl every year
    Especially once we get rid of that giant bum Ben R. We just plug in anyone and we can win more games.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Not hard to win when you have several times more talent than the opposing team. Meyer is not a good football coach. And he knows it. I believe it's why he's stayed out of the NFL all these years.

As to the Tomlin stuff, I'm on record all over the previous 110 threads on the issue as a strong Tomlin supporter. The numbers speak for themselves. He wins football games. More of them than almost any coach in the league.
    Meyer not a good football coach? Few would agree with that.

Head coaching record
    Overall 187–32
    Bowls 12–3
    Tournaments 2–1 (CFP)
    Accomplishments and honors
    Championships

Awards

The thread is not about Meyer, its about Tomlin's failure to deliver.

These numbers:

Tomlin is but 3-6 in his last nine playoff games. One of these wins was vs a back up QB, the other vs the Bungles who handed us the game with stupid penalties.

He's won the division just three times in the last nine years in a division that has the Bengals and Browns.

The Steelers have not won a playoff game since 2016. We are 2 days away from 2020. 4 years.

Colbert and Ben are the main reasons why we win games.

I love threads that ignore reality, and moreover, ignore the reality of the Steelers.

1. Steelers move up in the draft for the first round once a decade or so. That's been done this decade.
    2. Steelers do not dump head coaches.
    3. Steelers hire young DCs as head coaches.
    4. Nobody in the Steeler organization would be stupid enough to throw away what they have with Tomlin to take a flyer on a fifty-five year old coach who has never coached in the NFL.

Are we still on the Urban Meyer Train?!? Lol

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I love threads that ignore reality, and moreover, ignore the reality of the Steelers.

1. Steelers move up in the draft for the first round once a decade or so. That's been done this decade.
    2. Steelers do not dump head coaches.
    3. Steelers hire young DCs as head coaches.
    4. Nobody in the Steeler organization would be stupid enough to throw away what they have with Tomlin to take a flyer on a fifty-five year old coach who has never coached in the NFL.
    Who has known health issues to boot.