Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 97

Thread: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

  1. #61
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    6,475

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Hard pass, unless you want to start from scratch again with a 2-14 team about 4 years down the line.
    A poor reference on putting both Harbaugh’s in the DC area.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Does it make more sense for Tomlin to be on the University of Maryland short list?

  2. #62
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    I doubt Tomlin would swap out AJRII for Danny Snyder as an owner but definitely will not go to work for a team president like Bruce Allen, who is incompetent and has a history of sliming coaches & front office personnel when it goes bad

    Tomlin may be drawing to the end of his time with the Steelers but will have better opportunities if he wants to stay in coaching instead of cashing checks like Cowher to join a pregame network chuckle fest

  3. #63
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    3,704

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I doubt Tomlin would swap out AJRII for Danny Snyder as an owner but definitely will not go to work for a team president like Bruce Allen, who is incompetent and has a history of sliming coaches & front office personnel when it goes bad

    Tomlin may be drawing to the end of his time with the Steelers but will have better opportunities if he wants to stay in coaching instead of cashing checks like Cowher to join a pregame chuckle fest

    perhaps you missed the spot in the article that claims he is willing to give Tomlin top 5 money AND Full control ?
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

  4. #64
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    perhaps you missed the spot in the article that claims he is willing to give Tomlin top 5 money AND Full control ?
    Perhaps I think the article is bullshit

    LaConfora’s hot rumor around this time last year was Le’Veon being traded to the Eagles

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-running-back/

  5. #65
    Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,268

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    If Tomlin goes to Washington, who will Steeler fans blame/piss and moan about?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.



    PATRIOTS**

    BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled




    HTG ¤-

  6. #66
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    3,704

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Perhaps I think the article is bullshit

    LaConfora’s hot rumor around this time last year was Le’Veon being traded to the Eagles

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-running-back/
    he is also the guy who stated this yet Local Pittsburgh Media was completely oblivious and even more so ignorant to the possibility of it ...

    no need to get snarky

    but w/e



    as a side note since youre so smart ( or try and portray yourself as smarter than everyone else in most postings )

    I must wonder how it is that he has his job and YOU are doing your current job ?

    guess who is making more $$$ ?

    yeah you got it HE Is !
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

  7. #67
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    This is getting a bit unnecessarily angry.

    Even if Snyder was willing to give up the multiple draft picks it would take to pry a sitting head coach out of a 3 year contract AND give said coach total control AND totally revamp his way of doing business to stop sabotaging the on-field product — why would a successful coach want the job?

    No high draft picks to rebuild a roster totally devoid of talent.
    A toxic relationship with the local fan-base
    The team name makes people angry
    An owner with a reputation for being cheap, meddling, and more interested in making money and having people kiss his ass than winning football games.

    With 2-4 high round draft picks stripped out of that Franchise, it would be the WORST job in the league by a country mile.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    as a side note since youre so smart ( or try and portray yourself as smarter than everyone else in most postings )

    I must wonder how it is that he has his job and YOU are doing your current job ?

    guess who is making more $$$ ?

    yeah you got it HE Is !
    Thanks for sharing.

    I have no interest in reciprocating your personal attack (my comments were directed at La Canfora's rumor mongering and not at you) but will post this from someone who does get paid to cover the NFL in general and the Steelers in particular


  9. #69
    Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,684

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    The Steelers have nothing to lose or give up at this point. If they truly valued Tomlin for the long term, they wouldn't have given him a one-year extension this past August. 2-8 in their last ten games. 3 Playoff wins since 2011. No playoff wins since 2016. Holding onto Tomlin will accomplish nothing. Nothing will change or improve. The Packers and Bengals had to cut loose the dead weight that wasn't getting it done. Its time for the Steelers to do the same. A new era is needed.

    The Steelers move into a new direction with a young core and a new coach, Tomlin moves on to greener pastures, and the Steelers Organization saves their face by not "firing" Tomlin.

    Throw in a first round pick and I'd pull the trigger for good.

  10. #70
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    33,835

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    So in other words....he's that good.
    #can'thaveitbothways

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Tomlin is that good. The coordinators on the other hand...not so good.

    But if I am getting a potential Top-3 2020 pick and a first round pick in 2021...I’d seriously consider that...


  11. #71
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Tomlin is signed through the 2021 season. Plus the team holds an option for 2022.
    This is basically the same contract structure for anyone who is any good and costs any money across the roster.
    Loaded up for a 2019-21 run around Ben R.

    Tomlin sticks around for that. Coordinators? Who knows.

    When Gruden was traded it was for 2 firsts and 2 seconds and he only had 1 year left on his Raiders deal. Tomlin has 3. So ‘Skins would have to part with what to top Gruden’s trade?

    I would be shocked if that happened.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,268

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good. The coordinators on the other hand...not so good.

    But if I am getting a potential Top-3 2020 pick and a first round pick in 2021...I’d seriously consider that...
    aww yisss I've got you now buddeh
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.



    PATRIOTS**

    BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled




    HTG ¤-

  13. #73
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    If Tomlin goes to Washington, who will Steeler fans blame/piss and moan about?
    Next man up!

  14. #74
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Next man up!
    Obviously! But first we will have to see how he performs in a stadium environment.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Tomlin is signed through the 2021 season. Plus the team holds an option for 2022.
    This is basically the same contract structure for anyone who is any good and costs any money across the roster.
    Loaded up for a 2019-21 run around Ben R.

    Tomlin sticks around for that. Coordinators? Who knows.

    When Gruden was traded it was for 2 firsts and 2 seconds and he only had 1 year left on his Raiders deal. Tomlin has 3. So ‘Skins would have to part with what to top Gruden’s trade?

    I would be shocked if that happened.
    At least one “source” agrees

    "I don't see Mike going to Washington," the source continued. "That is so far-fetched. It's so far out there. It would have to be a deal that the league never has seen before and would change the way business is done in football, and I don't see that happening."

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...bj-trade-rumor

    But this rumor is generating page clicks for the sports gossip columnists who started it and for the other gossip columnists rebutting it so mission accomplished for the online sites



  16. #76
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    At least one “source” agrees

    "I don't see Mike going to Washington," the source continued. "That is so far-fetched. It's so far out there. It would have to be a deal that the league never has seen before and would change the way business is done in football, and I don't see that happening."

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...bj-trade-rumor

    But this rumor is generating page clicks for the sports gossip columnists who started it and for the other gossip columnists rebutting it so mission accomplished for the online sites


    Pretty much. Gotta feed the beast. More grist for the mill. Yadda yadda.

    By this time next year we will be reading about how the Rooneys were foolish to not take 4 first round picks for Tomlin. Amazing what people will believe because something on the internet told them some nonsense.

    I think the Steelers are going to trade Devin Bush back to Michigan for Harbaugh anyways. Need to regain that gritty and tough swagger.

  17. #77
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    33,835

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    If Tomlin goes to Washington, who will Steeler fans blame/piss and moan about?
    We would have to bitch about the fact that they traded Tomlin...lol


  18. #78
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    33,835

    Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Okay so this is what I want and Tomlin is the Redskins Head Coach:

    • 2020 first and second round picks
    • 2021 first and second round picks
    • 2023 third and fifth round picks
    • $5M in cash
    • WR Terry McLaurin

    Steep price? Absolutely...but the Redskins aren’t going to find a coach of that caliber anytime soon. I’ll throw in Artie Burns and Donte Moncrief as well...lol


  19. #79
    Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    3,652

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    I would take a 1 2020 pick from any bottom feeder team for Tomlin. Specially if that means the other coaches would be gong as well. Butler, Fichtner and Smith are more the problem then Tomlin. If Tomlin leaving means they are gone as well and the 1 pick is just icing on the cake.

  20. #80
    ® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,900

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    We would have to bitch about the fact that they traded Tomlin...lol
    That depends is someone is causing the Steelers to play poorly.
    Hater = Realist

  21. #81
    Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    3,652

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    That depends is someone is causing the Steelers to play poorly.

  22. #82
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    At least one “source” agrees

    "I don't see Mike going to Washington," the source continued. "That is so far-fetched. It's so far out there. It would have to be a deal that the league never has seen before and would change the way business is done in football, and I don't see that happening."

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...bj-trade-rumor

    But this rumor is generating page clicks for the sports gossip columnists who started it and for the other gossip columnists rebutting it so mission accomplished for the online sites



    I'm just not sure why anyone would believe Dan Snyder if he says he will give Tomlin full control. This is the guy that picks his favorite quarterback and then hangs out with him in the building while the rest of the team is working. He then brings him around with him everywhere he goes like he's his pet. The guy that tries to force the head coach to play who he decides should play whether it makes sense or not.

    I wouldn't trust Snyder as far as I could throw him.

  23. #83
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,104

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Obviously! But first we will have to see how he performs in a stadium environment.
    What, like if he wears sunglasses or not and wins every challenge he makes? That kind of stadium environment. My guess is whoever replaces him will be criticized for his clock management, because most fans manage their timeouts better than NFL HC's.

  24. #84
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    What, like if he wears sunglasses or not and wins every challenge he makes? That kind of stadium environment. My guess is whoever replaces him will be criticized for his clock management, because most fans manage their timeouts better than NFL HC's.
    Totally agree. I was just trying to answer a Tomlin quote with more Tomlin quotes.

    The cottage industry of NFL talking heads, Twitter, and fans that are doing differential calculus to determine proper time-out usage is getting aggravating. For instance in this game, and the Ravens game, the Steelers had zero interest in running a compressed two minute drill with their back-up QB(s). So the lack of time-out usage was/is totally understandable. But gotta wade through 110 postings about how dumb everything was.

  25. #85
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,732

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm just not sure why anyone would believe Dan Snyder if he says he will give Tomlin full control. This is the guy that picks his favorite quarterback and then hangs out with him in the building while the rest of the team is working. He then brings him around with him everywhere he goes like he's his pet. The guy that tries to force the head coach to play who he decides should play whether it makes sense or not.
    Snyder is the perfect example of a fan playing armchair GM who actually had enough cash to turn it into a reality.

    I truly sympathize with 'Skins fans. They deserve a lot better.

  26. #86
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    33,835

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    If he goes to Washington, does the mirrored coating color change on his sunglasses?


  27. #87
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    16,680

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If he goes to Washington, does the mirrored coating color change on his sunglasses?
    Danny Boy will just buy the Oakley company for Mike T.



  28. #88
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If he goes to Washington, does the mirrored coating color change on his sunglasses?



    I don't know if he would go with a different color for his sunglasses, but his 1000 yard stare will look exactly the same.

  29. #89
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    16,680

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I don't know if he would go with a different color for his sunglasses, but his 1000 yard stare will look exactly the same.



  30. #90
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    33,835

    Re: Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •