Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you start Hodges next week as Coach?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Would you start Hodges next week as Coach?

I like Hodges' game, he throws some lasers and isn't afraid to go downfield.

Member Array title="Blue Marvel is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'd rather see if Michael Vick could play another game than go with Kaepernick. This team doesn't need that circus coming to town right now. And, perhaps that's unfair to Kaepernick, but that's too bad. The media would turn it into a complete circus.
    I think most of the the stuff with Kaep has blown over..plus he wouldn't even be starting...If Kareem Hunt can be employed for beating a woman...Kap can at least hold a clipboard...and he's light years better than Lynch..

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Marvel View Post
    I think most of the the stuff with Kaep has blown over.
    I don't. Dude's such a leper even Oakland wouldn't touch him. Plus I highly doubt he's even in football shape.

I'd be willing to start him as QB, but as coach?? Well... He might be more effective at managing the clock and challenges, but I'm not sure he's ready for that kind of responsibility.
    /I keed
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

I think most of the the stuff with Kaep has blown over..plus he wouldn't even be starting...If Kareem Hunt can be employed for beating a woman...Kap can at least hold a clipboard...and he's light years better than Lynch..
    Are you kidding me? Vick was arrested in 2007 and sentenced. He came to the Steelers eight years later and it turned into a circus. Kaep did his thing three years ago. And, I gaurantee you, if he's picked up, our president won't keep his damn mouth shut (and yes, I'm a Republican) about it. Plus, at this point, his name is synonymous with disrespecting the flag in the minds of millions (right, wrong, or indifferent). You wanna see a circus, pick him up.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Are you kidding me? Vick was arrested in 2007 and sentenced. He came to the Steelers eight years later and it turned into a circus. Kaep did his thing three years ago. And, I gaurantee you, if he's picked up, our president won't keep his damn mouth shut (and yes, I'm a Republican) about it. Plus, at this point, his name is synonymous with disrespecting the flag in the minds of millions (right, wrong, or indifferent). You wanna see a circus, pick him up.
    I agree, even thought the NFL trotted Jay-Z out and rapped kum-by-ah with the commish and maintains there is no blackballing of Kaeperneck…..there is no way that a team signs him and some "great and unmatched wisdom" isn't tweeted out within minutes.

Ya know...I really need to hear a poster here profess their "great and unmatched wisdom" on some fantastic topic. Preferably with some suddenness and glide.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I haven't seen Lynch play any regular season games. I have seen Kaepernick and he is horrible. It hasn't blown over. The loser will kneel during the Anthem again.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I haven't seen Lynch play any regular season games. I have seen Kaepernick and he is horrible. It hasn't blown over. The loser will kneel during the Anthem again.
    No team will touch Kap and unwritten rule among the owners and he is more done in the NFL then AB.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

How many years is it since Kap has thrown a pass in an actual NFL game?

More than anything else, that is going to be the answer. This guy hasn't thrown a pass in like 2+ seasons.

Member Array title="Blue Marvel is an unknown quantity at this point">

Actually Trump said Kaep should have another chance at an NFL gig...and as an independent...i can't stand the man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How many years is it since Kap has thrown a pass in an actual NFL game?

More than anything else, that is going to be the answer. This guy hasn't thrown a pass in like 2+ seasons.
    Josh Johnson Had been out of the league for a few years too...and he got a Job

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Nobody's going to call Kaepernick. You may as well lay that silliness to rest.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar