Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Updated: 2-4

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But, why would I do that? You have no interest in an honest discussion. You have preselected an opinion and decided to just repeat it over and over again.
    You would explain how the Steelers lost that game despite aggressively throwing the ball, compared to the Chargers, who had no reason at all to run (16-point deficit), but ran anyway and still won. You state a point (rushing att don't matter) and statistics and data, but it produces minimal to no results. Resulting in nothing more than an unsubstantiated theory.

As long as the Steelers take a couple deep shots tonight with Hodges, they should be able to win. According to the theory.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    You would explain how the Steelers lost that game despite aggressively throwing the ball, compared to the Chargers, who had no reason at all to run (16-point deficit), but ran anyway and still won. You state a point (rushing att don't matter) and statistics and data, but it produces minimal to no results. Resulting in nothing more than an unsubstantiated theory.

As long as the Steelers take a couple deep shots tonight with Hodges, they should be able to win. According to the theory.
    Again, repeatedly mischaracterizing what others are saying is the refuge of people without anything to say.

The point is not to just spray incompletions deep down the field. You have to hit some of them.

I explained why the Chargers did have a reason to run the ball. I also explained why the Steelers did not.

Lack of understanding is not a valid counter argument.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The Vikings Eagles game is a good example. Vikings had been amazing rushing the ball but had suffered several losses due to zero ability to push the ball downfield.

Today, they hit several for big plays. Stretched out the Eagles defense. Found mismatches and beat the snot out of them.

I’d say that’s a fairly blatant application of theory that produced precisely the predicted and desired results.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

The Steelers and the Jets have the same record......

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

After week 6 the 4 teams to which the Steelers have lost have a combined total of 3 losses

So far cannot say the record is due to the annual losses to a truly bad team

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Again, repeatedly mischaracterizing what others are saying is the refuge of people without anything to say.

The point is not to just spray incompletions deep down the field. You have to hit some of them.

I explained why the Chargers did have a reason to run the ball. I also explained why the Steelers did not.

Lack of understanding is not a valid counter argument.
    "Don't mess up". What a novel concept. Any playcall works if you don't mess up. It's okay to run the wildcat or trick reverse plays. Just impose your will and don't mess up.

That explains everything. Don't mess up. I guess the Chargers just didn't mess up and the Steelers did.

The Vikings Eagles game is a good example. Vikings had been amazing rushing the ball but had suffered several losses due to zero ability to push the ball downfield.

Today, they hit several for big plays. Stretched out the Eagles defense. Found mismatches and beat the snot out of them.

I’d say that’s a fairly blatant application of theory that produced precisely the predicted and desired results.
    The Vikings did push the ball down the field. They just couldn't hit them. So suppose they do the same thing the next week, but the big plays aren't there. What do you do?

This has been a problem with the Steelers for years. Over-reliance on the big play has crippled the Offense. Without top talent like Brown to bail them out, we've seen the results. The Offense cannot generate any momentum.

Let's look at our good friends the Chiefs today. They have the absolute best passers in the NFL, but have now lost two straight at home, because the big plays were not there. Today against the Texans they only ran the ball 11 times compared to the Texans, who had 41 rushing attempts as a team. They lost by 7.

The big play is nice, but sometimes it isn't there. You have to take the sure thing. Rudolph appears to be the kind of QB who seems to understand this, but the Steelers coaching staff doesn't, to the teams' detriment.

Hodges is supposedly more fearless compared to Rudolph, so lets see how he does. Theoretically, he should be a lot more successful.

I mean every plan for any thing ever starts with don’t screw up. It’s why we all believe in Murphy’s Law.

Chiefs got beat today not because of what they did on offense but because their defense is inept.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So do we start a new 2-4 thread now?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    After week 6 the 4 teams to which the Steelers have lost have a combined total of 3 losses

So far cannot say the record is due to the annual losses to a truly bad team
    Bingo!!!

The Steelers have lost to:
    -the #1 seed in the AFC
    -a team with only one loss
    -the #1 seed in the NFC
    -the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bingo!!!

The Steelers have lost to:
    -the #1 seed in the AFC
    -a team with only one loss
    -the #1 seed in the NFC
    -the Ravens
    AND 3 of the 4 losses by a combined 9 points.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

12-4

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I've noticed StillMill only does reviews now when the Steelers lose. I think this dude's a closet Steeler hater

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Offense deserves to be put on the ground and hit...lol
    As I said in the Gameday thread. It appears to have worked. I noticed The Offense played a lot more physical last night. Conner and Benny Snell were running a lot harder. More Physical practice is what was needed. I believe The Steelers Offense had gone soft and country club under the luxury of Ben and Antonio Brown’s talent. With them gone, the Defense is leading the team. No pretty points or chasing statistics. The team needs wins. It isn’t pretty and we will complain, but they need to win.

The O did a great job grinding out a tough road win with the Season on the line with Devlin Hodges. Keep it up, and this season may be saved yet.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

2-4, but one juju fumble away from being at the top of the division

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    OR...1 JuJu fumble and 1Conner fumble from the Steelers being 4-2?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    OR...1 JuJu fumble and 1Conner fumble from the Steelers being 4-2?
    It happens and my point of this whole post is the team is not as bad as their record. I like what I saw last night and think they are headed in the right direction and not writing this season off.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I've noticed StillMill only does reviews now when the Steelers lose. I think this dude's a closet Steeler hater
    2-4 = 2 Dong wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    And another Conner fumble away in Frisco from being firmly in the AFCN driver's seat. The Cryhawks game was quite winnable as well.

Re: Updated: 2-4

And Tuitt’s bad breaks continue. His torn pec is season-ending.

The dude just cannot catch a break at all.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Well that just sucks.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Nor can the Steelers, it seems. At some point, the injuries become too much to overcome.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Damn about Tuitt. Thanks mods for the update on the header.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This really sucks. Tuitt has been mostly unstoppable this season. He has been flat out dominant.

Losing him is a huge blow.

I think we will see what Hargrave can do with more playing time and moving to DE sometimes. Big Dan will probably see more time as well. Everybody will need to step up.

These injuries are completely out of hand this year.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Here’s how the Steelers offense works:

A. It happens early and we get the lead, in which case, we go conservative the rest of the way.
    B. It’s a close game so we stay conservative throughout.
    C. We fall behind early so we open up the offense and throw downfield.

We’re living in our fears.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Contrast this with how the Browns fans are feeling this week: 2-4= "We suck again".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Contrast this with how the Browns fans are feeling this week: 2-4= "We suck again".
    That’s because they do suck.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Nor can the Steelers, it seems. At some point, the injuries become too much to overcome.
    That’s why last year feels like such a blown opportunity. Apart from Conner getting hurt for a few games, we were relatively healthy all year. We just had a couple holes on defense (now filled) and a kicker who couldn’t kick
    Straight (now also apparently fixed).

If we had last year’s health luck this year, I’d say with this new defense we’d be contenders.

Tyson Alualu stepped in for Tuitt Last night and the Defense didn’t miss much of a beat. He played very well.

That’s the only consolation I can take from the loss of Tuitt. Still sucks to lose him. He’s been extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Here’s how the Steelers offense works:

A. It happens early and we get the lead, in which case, we go conservative the rest of the way.
    B. It’s a close game so we stay conservative throughout.
    C. We fall behind early so we open up the offense and throw downfield.

We’re living in our fears.
    Here's the funny thing.

A. It happens early and we get the lead, in which case, we go conservative the rest of the way. = Cowher Ball
    B. It’s a close game so we stay conservative throughout. = Cohwer Ball
    C. We fall behind early so we open up the offense and throw downfield. Sometimes = Cowher ball

Yet, I've read several times in these forums where we need to get back to "Steelers football" which basically is Cowherball.

(Not directed at you, DS, as I honestly don't even remember your thoughts on Cowher, if you've even shared them).

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Here's the funny thing.

A. It happens early and we get the lead, in which case, we go conservative the rest of the way. = Cowher Ball
    B. It’s a close game so we stay conservative throughout. = Cohwer Ball
    C. We fall behind early so we open up the offense and throw downfield. Sometimes = Cowher ball

Yet, I've read several times in these forums where we need to get back to "Steelers football" which basically is Cowherball.

It's quite simple really...

If thing 1 than: piss and moan, goats all around
    If thing 2 than: piss and moan, goats all around
    If thing 3 than: piss and moan, goats all around
    If thing 4 than: piss and moan, sell the team

some people will never be happy regardless of what we do.

I can't believe there are fans (not you) actually bitching about the conservative play calling for our 3rd string, first time starting QB... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    The Steelers and the Jets have the same record......

And by some mysterious twist of fate, they have had quarterbacks out for an extended period of time...…...weird.