Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 5 Reactions and Recaps

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Week 5 Reactions and Recaps

Cowboys are getting taken out behind the woodshed by the Pack. And at home. Love it!

Garrett back to being useless and the shine sure came off that new Clemens lead offense really quickly. LVE and Jaylen Smith are still really fun to watch.

Also, are the Bears better with Chase Daniels? I don't know. I haven't seen them yet, but Trubisky was not good...

Can we have the league step in and give the Bills defense to the Texans? It would be so much fun to see Watson have some support. Or can we give the Texans offense to the Bills? Something.

LOL at the Jets. Just shockingly inept. That is what bad coaching looks like. It is now coming out that the HC didn't get his starting QB into the practice rotation until late in the week? Didn't pay attention but it sounded dumb.

Anyone know what is going wrong in Atlanta? I mean if you all want to talk about roster talent and underperforming...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Week 5 Reactions and Recaps

Raiiiiiiiderrrrrrrrs! Sorry.... had to.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Raiiiiiiiderrrrrrrrs! Sorry.... had to.
    Right?! Where did that come from?

Good for them. The kid they drafted at RB seems to be paying off.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

2-3 Chargers lose at "home" to previously winless Broncos - NBC has to be thrilled by the Steelers @Chargers matchup next Sunday night

Unless the light goes on for the Browns, the only question barring injury to Brady or Mahomes is whether it will be Chiefs @ Pats or Pats @ Chiefs for the AFC championship

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Anyone know what is going wrong in Atlanta? I mean if you all want to talk about roster talent and underperforming...
    Defense is the main problem - Falcons having to play catch up early in most games and Matty Ice has been more careless with the ball than in previous years

Dan Quinn fired both coordinators along with the special teams coach after the 2018 season and has been running the defense himself - doubtful Arthur Blank will fire him before the end of the season but Quinn is gone after that

Core of this Falcons team never recovered from their Super Bowl collapse and came into this season under the assumption lots of changes including a new head coach were coming without a playoff run

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Right?! Where did that come from?

Good for them. The kid they drafted at RB seems to be paying off.
    I'd like to think Gruden is getting a clue as to play calling. And yes.... Josh Jacobs is the real deal.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Cleveland is the clear cut best team in the AFC North and Baltimore's division championship hopes rest entirely on Cleveland self-destructing. I know that was made clear last week but it gave first-hand confirmation. Baltimore doesn't impress me AT ALL! Their defense is not good and Lamar Jackson is thoroughly overrated. He got hype because he happened to play arguably the worst team the NFL has seen since the 76 Bucs in week one and because media people wet themselves with excitement whenever they see a QB with speed.

Dallas has been exposed as frauds. So glad that when New England plays in Super Bowl 54, it won't be against Dallas (what an awful matchup that would be, matchup literally no one outside of Roger Goodell would want).

AB isn't the only ex-Steeler to destroy career within the past calendar year. Le'Veon has also done it, he just figured out a way to do it and still remain employed.

Denver isn't good, but they showed they clearly weren't as bad as some of the other winless teams

It's amazing how consistent Tennessee is at being inconsistent. Like you can predict that if they look like they're getting their act together one week and do something you can predict with certainty that they will crap the bed in the next week or 2

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Cleveland is the clear cut best team in the AFC North...
    Which, this season, at least, means absolutely jack and squat.

Dallas has been exposed as frauds.
    So, pretty much the same story since about 1996. I've never seen a team that's been so consistently overhyped year after year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'd like to think Gruden is getting a clue as to play calling. And yes.... Josh Jacobs is the real deal.
    Interesting. Raiders as a dark horse playoff contender makes things more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    2-3 Chargers lose at "home" to previously winless Broncos - NBC has to be thrilled by the Steelers @Chargers matchup next Sunday night

Unless the light goes on for the Browns, the only question barring injury to Brady or Mahomes is whether it will be Chiefs @ Pats or Pats @ Chiefs for the AFC championship

Defense is the main problem - Falcons having to play catch up early in most games and Matty Ice has been more careless with the ball than in previous years

Dan Quinn fired both coordinators along with the special teams coach after the 2018 season and has been running the defense himself - doubtful Arthur Blank will fire him before the end of the season but Quinn is gone after that

Core of this Falcons team never recovered from their Super Bowl collapse and came into this season under the assumption lots of changes including a new head coach were coming without a playoff run
    Wait. Wait. So firing coordinators doesn't fix things every time?

I don't believe it.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Shit. Looks like the Chiefs are going to drop one at home. If the AFCCG goes through Foxboro, you might as well hand those pukes the Lamar Hunt Trophy now.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    So, pretty much the same story since about 1996. I've never seen a team that's been so consistently overhyped year after year after year.
    Yeah because it's the Cowboys, the media constantly hypes them up whenever they look kind of decent

- - - Updated - - -

Chiefs lose to the Colts, score only 13 points

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Shit. Looks like the Chiefs are going to drop one at home. If the AFCCG goes through Foxboro, you might as well hand those pukes the Lamar Hunt Trophy now.
    Yep...it’s going through New England...again....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah because it's the Cowboys, the media constantly hypes them up whenever they look kind of decent

- - - Updated - - -

Chiefs lose to the Colts, score only 13 points
    B-b-b-b-b-b-but Dak is the GOAT..... Whatever. Girls lose and that's great.

Good for the Colts.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

49ers are taking it to the Brahns. Not sure if it's the niner defense is that good or Cleveland is just bad. Chubb looks good but Mayfield already coughed the ball up twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    49ers are taking it to the Brahns. Not sure if it's the niner defense is that good or Cleveland is just bad. Chubb looks good but Mayfield already coughed the ball up twice.
    Makes the Steelers Niners loss look better and it WAY more frustrating that damn ball didn’t just bounce out of bounds!

San Fransisco just isn't spending much of this game giving the ball to the Browns

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Makes the Steelers Niners loss look better and it WAY more frustrating that damn ball didn’t just bounce out of bounds!
    I honestly think the current Steeler team even with Rudolph / Hodges isn't as bad as 1-4 says. They look better than the Browns IMO and pretty much gave Baltimore a run for their money, probably should have won that game.

- - - Updated - - -

San Fransisco just isn't spending much of this game giving the ball to the Browns
    Current SF team reminds me of the Chiefs back in the early 90s. That team that will just 5 yard you to death and play tough defense

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Kittle pancake blocking the browns.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I see the World Champion Stains are losing 21-3. Shocking

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bosa is cleaning Mayfield's clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I honestly think the current Steeler team even with Rudolph / Hodges isn't as bad as 1-4 says. They look better than the Browns IMO and pretty much gave Baltimore a run for their money, probably should have won that game.
    Honestly? The Steelers are about 3-5 plays from being 4-1 right now.

Absolutely everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Bosa is cleaning Mayfield's clock.
    Bosa been carrying a serious grudge after sacking Baker by reenacting Baker planting the flag when Oklahoma beat Ohio State in Columbus in (check notes) in 2017

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So Kittle’s been pretty much less than average this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So Kittle’s been pretty much less than average this year...
    Blocking well and just made a TD. The 49ers used him differently last year because of injuries. They are moving the ball around a bit more this year.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Watching the 49ers makes me miss really good Steelers football every player is going full speed, excited just making big plays every where. Damn.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Side note , how much more losing before OBJ and Landry Become a nuisance? Freddy has his work cut out for him coming up the next few weeks

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

So when is the Stains' parade?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Future of football Baker Mayfield looked even worse than future of football Lamar Jackson this weekend

Progressive Insurance might want to reconsider Baker as its version of Aaron Rodgers for State Farm

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm so enjoying the demise of the Browns and Baker Mayfield. It's filling a void that the Steelers not winning has left.

I was a total believer in the Browns. Happy to be totally wrong.