Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Hodges

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Let's Talk Hodges

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    That INT was a duck blur
    INT Duck Fart ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I agree, that's a good way of saying it. For some reason, I really have more hope in him than in Mason. Don't know why. For all intents and purposes, Mason is a really good guy and works hard. There is just something . . . underwhelming, I guess, about him.
    It's his confidence is what you are seeing. I like Rudy but bet Hodges has the better career in the long run.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Duck reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Duck reminds me of a young Brett Favre.
    Minus the rocket arm, playmaking ability, and potential to hit jaw dropping passes from any spot on the field.

Other than that, he’s a direct comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Minus the rocket arm, playmaking ability, and potential to hit jaw dropping passes from any spot on the field.

Other than that, he’s a direct comp.
    Ok smart ass! Brett Favre was a nobody drafted by Atlanta. So there is that and Hodges hasn't got the chance to air it out and prove himself yet like Favre did. Brett was also a int king and think Duck could be that as well! Ps. sorry you missed the boat on Hodges and didn't pay attention to him in preseason.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I think Hodges should grow a beard and send dick pics to cheerleaders on his phone. You know who else had a beard and sent dick pics? BRETT FAVRE!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I think Hodges should grow a beard and send dick pics to cheerleaders on his phone. You know who else had a beard and sent dick pics? BRETT FAVRE!
    Duck or dick?
    Hater = Realist

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Hodges hasn't got the chance to air it out and prove himself yet like Favre did. Brett was also a int king and think Duck could be that as well! Ps. sorry you missed the boat on Hodges and didn't pay attention to him in preseason.
    Funny you should say that. Duck did have the chance to air it out and prove himself in the preseason. He threw floaters. Same thing when you go back and look at his college highlights.
    Mojo is correct on that point; Duck doesn't have Favre's rocket arm. Doesn't mean he can't be a successful QB, but comparing him to Favre is over the top IMO.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Ok smart ass! Brett Favre was a nobody drafted by Atlanta. So there is that and Hodges hasn't got the chance to air it out and prove himself yet like Favre did. Brett was also a int king and think Duck could be that as well! Ps. sorry you missed the boat on Hodges and didn't pay attention to him in preseason.
    Favre was drafted #33 overall in the 2nd round of the NFL draft by Atlanta. He was far from being a "nobody".

Hodges looks more to have the skillset of Jared Zabransky than Brett Favre to me, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Favre was drafted #33 overall in the 2nd round of the NFL draft by Atlanta. He was far from being a "nobody".

Hodges looks more to have the skillset of Jared Zabransky than Brett Favre to me, IMO.
    My point is he reminds me of a gunslinger like Favre.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

My point is he reminds me of a gunslinger like Favre.
    OK, but maybe next time you could check some facts if you don't know. Like how Favre wasn't a "nobody", but rather the first pick of the second round in the draft. So comparing him to Hodges that wasn't picked in the draft isn't anywhere close to being true.

I know you like the guy and have since the preseason, but the reality is that even in the preseason he completed only 52% of his passes and averaged 5 yards per completion, against mostly 3rd string defenders. So Favre like gunslinger could be conceived as a bit of a stretch. It could be similar to me saying that Benny Snell reminds me of a young Franco Harris.

OK, but maybe next time you could check some facts if you don't know. Like how Favre wasn't a "nobody", but rather the first pick of the second round in the draft. So comparing him to Hodges that wasn't picked in the draft isn't anywhere close to being true.

I know you like the guy and have since the preseason, but the reality is that even in the preseason he completed only 52% of his passes and averaged 5 yards per completion, against mostly 3rd string defenders. So Favre like gunslinger could be conceived as a bit of a stretch. It could be similar to me saying that Benny Snell reminds me of a young Franco Harris.
    I knew who Favre was and had his rookie card back then. Me saying he was a nobody is he was not starting in Atlanta and if they thought so highly of him they wouldn't have traded him. He was a nobody while in Atlanta. Benny Snell reminds me of Franco later in his career when he would fall over for a yard lol.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Is Hodges a borderline alcoholic with a blossoming pill addiction? Because it was that partying lifestyle and lack of work ethic that played a massive part of Favre being traded out of Atlanta.

Glanville once claimed it would take a plane crash for Favre to see the field.

Is Hodges a borderline alcoholic with a blossoming pill addiction? Because it was that partying lifestyle and lack of work ethic that played a massive part of Favre being traded out of Atlanta.

I thought the pill addiction came later. Anyways didn't they have Jeff George at the time? That is probably the main reason Favre didn't see the field.

I like when Glanville used to bet opposing coaches that his alcoholic backup QB could throw a football into the upper deck in pre game warmups. I don't think Hodges has that kind of arm strength to sling it up there.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Hodges reminds me more of Colt Brennan than Brett Favre in terms of football ability. Although hopefully his off-the-field life is more like the reverse of that, pills and dick pics notwithstanding. (For that, he can just change them to duck pics and be fine.)
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Any comparison of Duck to a HoF QB after 1 preseason limited view and 1 NFL start is extremely premature and is going to be picked apart mercilessly. There are things about his game I liked. There are also things that were less than impressive. Hopefully Rudolph is back after the bye for Miami. Although it may take starting Lynch to actually see some downfield accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Although it may take starting Lynch to actually see some downfield accuracy.
    His longest NFL completion in his career is 31 yards. He is the king of downfield accuracy in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

His longest NFL completion in his career is 31 yards. He is the king of downfield accuracy in the NFL.
    I’m so glad you looked that up on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I’m so glad you looked that up on my behalf.
    No problem. Was right there on NFL.com.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

That was an indeed rich assessment of Lynch you responded to!

The sad part is that may still mean that the original statement is true. Hodges and Rudolph haven't hit anything that far downfield.

- - - Updated - - -

I like when Glanville used to bet opposing coaches that his alcoholic backup QB could throw a football into the upper deck in pre game warmups. I don't think Hodges has that kind of arm strength to sling it up there.
    Can you imagine if any of this came out nowadays? An alcoholic QB who the front office drafted over the protests of the coaching staff. A coach who buried the guy on the depth chart and then bet pre-game that he could do tricks?

Oooohhhhhh booooy!

The sad part is that may still mean that the original statement is true. Hodges and Rudolph haven't hit anything that far downfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you imagine if any of this came out nowadays? An alcoholic QB who the front office drafted over the protests of the coaching staff. A coach who buried the guy on the depth chart and then bet pre-game that he could do tricks?

Oooohhhhhh booooy!
    Plus Jerry use to leave home tickets for Elvis.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wonder if people still rather have Dobbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wonder if people still rather have Dobbs...
    Dobbs does throw a beauty of a deep pass. Unfortunately all of his short routes he throws a bit high.

- - - Updated - - -

y!
    Here are 3 TD's put on film that show good downfield accuracy.

https://www.steelers.com/video/highl...p-td-to-holton

https://www.steelers.com/video/highl...-to-washington

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...for-43-yard-TD

Yup. I know Rudolph is capable of it. He’s just got to trust what he sees. Maybe if he plays with a lead?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

That's why Rudolph is the #2 QB and Duck is #3. Not that I'm complaining about Duck, mind you. I'm thankful that he's as good as he is.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Oooohhhhhh booooy!

They would probably label that coach a cheerleader and give him a pair of cool mirrored shades!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It's his confidence is what you are seeing. I like Rudy but bet Hodges has the better career in the long run.
    Too early to say if that confidence is for real, or if he's just a player that literally has nothing to lose. He was someone that wasn't expected to even make an NFL roster. Either way, his poise was good to see