Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudolph Wanted to Walk Out

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Rudolph Wanted to Walk Out

"...according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the reason the cart didn’t work was user error. He also adds Rudolph wanted to walk off the field, not be carted off."

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...teelers-ravens

I really like rooting for Rudolph. This type of attitude plus how the offense reacts when he has a good play makes me think that Mason has the "leadership" part of this QB thing on lock.

I hope he can come back and continue to grow as an NFL QB.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Rudolph Wanted to Walk Out

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

By the way some of the players reacted and that the medical staff put a pulse ox monitor on his finger, anyone else wonder if wasn't breathing for a second or three?

Not trying to be callous, but all these guys have seen someone unconscious before, and the immediate reaction of all the Steelers players was really agitated.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Just something I've been thinking about since the play happened.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    By the way some of the players reacted and that the medical staff put a pulse ox monitor on his finger, anyone else wonder if wasn't breathing for a second or three?

Not trying to be callous, but all these guys have seen someone unconscious before, and the immediate reaction of all the Steelers players was really agitated.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Just something I've been thinking about since the play happened.
    You could see him breathing while he was laying on the ground immediately after the hit. But he sure went limp like a rag doll. That was frightening any way you look at it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    "...according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the reason the cart didn’t work was user error. He also adds Rudolph wanted to walk off the field, not be carted off."

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...teelers-ravens

I really like rooting for Rudolph. This type of attitude plus how the offense reacts when he has a good play makes me think that Mason has the "leadership" part of this QB thing on lock.

I hope he can come back and continue to grow as an NFL QB.

I gotta tell you...when I saw all the players run over to him and start lightly shaking him and guys crying...I thought he might not be breathing. I was extremely worried when I saw the replay and saw the hit, the way his head hit the ground, the way he immediately lost consciousness at first contact, and the way he clearly had brain trauma when his limbs locked up...I got extremely upset and a bit emotional. That is some scary shit.

I wish for nothing but the best for Mason going forward. Let's hope for a complete and speedy recovery. He's such a quality guy in the way he carries and conducts himself.

He's a tough SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You could see him breathing while he was laying on the ground immediately after the hit. But he sure went limp like a rag doll. That was frightening any way you look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I gotta tell you...when I saw all the players run over to him and start lightly shaking him and guys crying...I thought he might not be breathing. I was extremely worried when I saw the replay and saw the hit, the way his head hit the ground, the way he immediately lost consciousness at first contact, and the way he clearly had brain trauma when his limbs locked up...I got extremely upset and a bit emotional. That is some scary shit.

I wish for nothing but the best for Mason going forward. Let's hope for a complete and speedy recovery. He's such a quality guy in the way he carries and conducts himself.

He's a tough SOB.
    Certainly a scary injury and made more so by the visibly shocked reaction of the players. I can not recall the last time I saw teammates react with such visible fear to an on-field injury.

It is also possible I am simply just not remembering the dozens of times that players across the league have.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter and all that is important is that Rudolph gets back to health. Can assess how quickly he can play NFL football after that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I feel like he's going to be a solid QB as he develops. He's got all the tangibles and he's got the attitude and he's got the following. JuJu was visibly upset when Rudolph was down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I feel like he's going to be a solid QB as he develops. He's got all the tangibles and he's got the attitude and he's got the following. JuJu was visibly upset when Rudolph was down.
    I have a 75" Qled tv and I could see tears running down JuJu's face. I can't even imagine what Ryan Shazier was feeling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Why wasn't Thomas ejected from the game?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Rudolph was allowed to go home. That's good news at least.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good News!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm glad he wasn't. From what I saw, it was a football play without intent. Did it cross the line into "illegal"? According to today's rules, yes. Was it dirty or cheap? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Rudolph was allowed to go home. That's good news at least.
    Absolutely. I'll tell you this much, it was scary seeing him lying on the ground, not moving.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Player safety, blah blah blah. Yep he clearly targeted the QB in the head. He and the Ravens should suffer but I'm sure it'll just be a simple fine barely a mention in a by line because ya know it wasn't Brady or Rodgers

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

It is clear in the video that he launched

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Agreed and he didn't have his arm up to try and block the pass.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Rudolph is 6' 5" and standing upright when he threw the ball.....Thomas is 5' 10". He clearly went high and had to avoid contact with the head there. That was such a bad hit, and the result of the hit was so bad that I thought he might get a targeting foul. They elected not to do it.

If the league it trying to get those hits out of the NFL, I don't understand why they didn't do more. Whether there was intent to injure doesn't matter. He went high and seriously injured a quarterback with a head shot. I guess I need to see it in a little more detail to see if he launched with the crown of his helmet or not. I was so worried about what happened to Rudolph at the time that I didn't look at it as closely as I could have. But we'll be seeing more of that hit over the next few days to get a better idea of how bad the hit was.

That was tough to watch.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Rudolph is 6' 5" and standing upright when he threw the ball.....Thomas is 5' 10". He clearly went high and had to avoid contact with the head there. That was such a bad hit, and the result of the hit was so bad that I thought he might get a targeting foul. They elected not to do it.

If the league it trying to get those hits out of the NFL, I don't understand why they didn't do more. Whether there was intent to injure doesn't matter. He went high and seriously injured a quarterback with a head shot. I guess I need to see it in a little more detail to see if he launched with the crown of his helmet or not. I was so worried about what happened to Rudolph at the time that I didn't look at it as closely as I could have. But we'll be seeing more of that hit over the next few days to get a better idea of how bad the hit was.

That was tough to watch.
    Another crew might have tossed him - this was a poorly reffed game with calls missed that hurt both teams

Unfortunately who gets penalized for what remains random - the difference is with our big screen HDTVs we can see how random it is as opposed to when I was watching on my 19” screen back in the day

maybe I just haven't seen the proper angle or slowed down replay or whatnot, but I have no problem with the hit. Earl Thomas has no reputation or history of head-hunting. I think it was 3 guys competing and all trying to make a play at the warp speed of an NFL game. The angles and speed just worked out that it was a horrible outcome for Rudolph.

Again, I haven't thought about it too much or even watched the play that much. But it didn't seem intentional at the time.

I see a launch and I believe he would have blocked the pass had he played the ball with his hands up. He got what he was after, a headshot.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Does the NFL control the broadcast networks?

The Sunday night crew literally just said Rudolf got hurt and never a mention or a replay. Just moving on. It didn't happen

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    LOL - yes

Citing N.F.L., ESPN Cancels 'Playmakers'

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/05/s...laymakers.html

N.F.L. Pressure Said to Lead ESPN to Quit Film Project

ESPN, which has spent heavily in recent years to build its investigative reporting team, abruptly ended its affiliation with “Frontline,” a public affairs television series that was weeks from showing a jointly produced two-part investigative project about the N.F.L.’s contentious handling of head injuries. The divorce came a week after the N.F.L. voiced its displeasure with the documentary at a lunch between league and ESPN executives, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/s...m-project.html

When you control the rights to the most popular programming on TV if the NFL says jump the networks response is how high

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

The Sunday night crew literally just said Rudolf got hurt and never a mention or a replay. Just moving on. It didn't happen

Absolutely. They don’t have to accept a bid from a network. Piss them off and tarnish the shield, next TV contract cycle, you’re out and someone else gets the rights.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

He's definitely getting fined for that hit

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Zach Banner was openly emotional on the field.

Steelers catching heat for the cart breakdown and for letting someone who just got their brain scrambled making the call on how to get off the field

Mason Rudolph gets knocked out and so does his cart

How does this happen in this day and age? Who’s the guy in charge of making sure the cart used to transport injured players off the field has enough gas?
    Rudolph was diagnosed with a concussion (you think?) and was taken to a hospital for further evaluation. Let’s hope the hospital doesn’t make him walk around because their wheelchairs aren’t working.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...rning-briefing

AV provides his perspective

I’ve seen a lot of concussions. I’ve had I’ve seen a lot of concussions. I’ve had a lot of concussions myself. You know, As long as you’re breathing, you know, it’s good. But, it’s unfortunate. I’ve seen somebody holding their guts ..."..

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/20...re-ravens.html

Add this to topics Tomlin got salty about postgame

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was informed of what happened with Rudolph and why the scene played out the strange way it did, he wasn't inclined to share it.
    “Man, ask somebody that’s in charge of that,” Tomlin said. “I don’t drive carts and things of that nature.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201910060196

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I pray he recovers fully. Definitely a very scary hit. I don't understand why no flag was thrown though and we took a roughing the passer penalty on the Ratbirds last drive in the 4th quarter for a simple hit to the midsection? The officiating is getting worse each year and is making this game hard to watch anymore.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I pray he recovers fully. Definitely a very scary hit. I don't understand why no flag was thrown though and we took a roughing the passer penalty on the Ratbirds last drive in the 4th quarter for a simple hit to the midsection? The officiating is getting worse each year and is making this game hard to watch anymore.
    They threw a flag......late.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They threw a flag......late.
    Which is even worse...so instead of throwing the flag for the actual hit (which they missed), they are throwing flags in regards to the result of hits...which is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Which is even worse...so instead of throwing the flag for the actual hit (which they missed), they are throwing flags in regards to the result of hits...which is even worse.
    No surprise it was not flagged immediately. The refs missed so many calls yesterday that went against both teams it deservedly got its own thread on the forum here.

With regard to the flag on the Thomas hit being a reaction to Rudolph appearing to have been killed, Fouts made a good point after Rudolph threw what was a clearly an incomplete pass that the Ravens ran back for what initially appeared to be a bogus TD. Fouts said the whistle apparently had not blown because the refs have screwed up other plays when it was a live ball but the play had been whistled dead.

The refs are looking over their collective shoulders at what Al Riveron and friends in New York will do to second guess them to the extent it is impacting how the games are being called.