Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roster Moves Coming?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Roster Moves Coming?

Assuming neither Rudolph or Washington can practice and play this week. Maybe same with Barron.

Means Lynch gets called up from the PS. Maybe a WR needs brought in to at least run in practice (like Mack @ TE last week and the QB this week).

So that is a couple of roster spots.

I am guess Elliot at OLB and Switzer at WR if the they need two. MAYBE Moncrief at WR if they want to get "bold" about it. Although I think they are going to try and work Moncrief back into the rotation and then flip him for something prior to the trade deadline.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Roster Moves Coming?

Chargers, Dolphins, Colts. 3 winnable games. A QB room of Hodges/Lynch doesn't fill me with a ton of hope but it could be worse.(Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs) Hopefully Rudolph can make it back this week. If MR is healthy maybe no moves are made.

How bad is Washington's shoulder? Any news? JuJu, Johnson, Switzer, Moncrief does not look awesome. Maybe Tevin Jones gets the call up for a couple weeks while Washington gets healthy. Will be an interesting week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Chargers, Dolphins, Colts. 3 winnable games. A QB room of Hodges/Lynch doesn't fill me with a ton of hope but it could be worse.(Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs) Hopefully Rudolph can make it back this week. If MR is healthy maybe no moves are made.

How bad is Washington's shoulder? Any news? JuJu, Johnson, Switzer, Moncrief does not look awesome. Maybe Tevin Jones gets the call up for a couple weeks while Washington gets healthy. Will be an interesting week.
    No idea. But I think the last two weeks reminded us all of something that I know I tend to forget. Injuries and corresponding roster moves are not always only about who can/can not play but also who can/can not practice.

There is a lot for this team to juggle right now with the roster.

FWIW, I have not heard anything about any of the injuries and was simply wildly speculating and trying my hardest to send out the "cut Moncrief and Switzer" vibe.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

This is exactly the kind of stuff that pisses me off. Thomas should have been ejected or at least sit the next game. His reckless targeting of the QB leads to more that one loss. Players have to be cut.

What a shit show NFL investigating why the cart didn't work but silent on player safety. Blah blah blah

BS

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

LOL @ 3 winnable games...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Well besides the Pats game every loss was winnable. Wouldn't shock me if they are in position to win next week only to beat themselves in the end.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Well besides the Pats game every loss was winnable. Wouldn't shock me if they are in position to win next week only to beat themselves in the end.
    You forget that Inability to win on the west coast?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

You forget that Inability to win on the west coast?
    Ironically the last team the Steelers beat on the west coast are the Chargers.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe one.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm starting to think at this point that Washington is just gonna be one of those guys that doesn't work out for some reason. So really nothing missed with him gone. Lynch is slightly better at QB than Samuels. At 1-4, play with house money and let Hodges fling it.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Maybe one.
    Well, the Chargers did just lose to the Broncos, so . . .

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Especially that "easy" win against the Colts who just went into KC and won.

So Elliot and Johnson get sent to waivers for Edmunds and Lynch to come up to the roster from the PS.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/re...edmunds-lynch/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

What is up w/Nix's injury? At some point, is IR an option?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So Elliot and Johnson get sent to waivers for Edmunds and Lynch to come up to the roster from the PS.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/re...edmunds-lynch/
    I hope Johnson makes it back. He looked good in preseason and should be on schedule to replace Finney next season and maybe Foster the following. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I hope Johnson makes it back. He looked good in preseason and should be on schedule to replace Finney next season and maybe Foster the following. IMO
    I really hope he clears waivers and comes back also. Depending on how they choose to spend money on the offseason, he may absolutely need to replace Foster/Finney.

Yep.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/be...n-off-waivers/

Great. At least Switzer, Chickillo, and Dangerfield are still on the roster. I get that special teams is 1/3 of the game and all that.

But c'mon. When are they going to just realize these guys don't actually contribute? I mean Switzer had one play specifically called up for him and he couldn't elude a single defender. He isn't a viable NFL player.

Dangerfield can't push Kelly for snaps in the newish 3 safety package. That tells me all I need to know about his usefulness as an NFL defender.

Chickillo can play a little. But I'd rather Ola gets his snaps to see if Ola can take over a starting role once Dupree is off to $greener$ pastures.

Seen that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/be...n-off-waivers/

Great. At least Switzer, Chickillo, and Dangerfield are still on the roster. I get that special teams is 1/3 of the game and all that.

But c'mon. When are they going to just realize these guys don't actually contribute? I mean Switzer had one play specifically called up for him and he couldn't elude a single defender. He isn't a viable NFL player.

Dangerfield can't push Kelly for snaps in the newish 3 safety package. That tells me all I need to know about his usefulness as an NFL defender.

Chickillo can play a little. But I'd rather Ola gets his snaps to see if Ola can take over a starting role once Dupree is off to $greener$ pastures.
    Dangerfield, Chickillo and Switzer in that order. I tried to rationalize why Switzer was on the roster but it’s just not working anymore...

I’m almost sure that Chickillo and Dangerfield wouldn’t get claimed or signed to a different teams roster...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Dangerfield, Chickillo and Switzer in that order. I tried to rationalize why Switzer was on the roster but it’s just not working anymore...

I’m almost sure that Chickillo and Dangerfield wouldn’t get claimed or signed to a different teams roster...
    Chickillo is on a 2-year contract that was basically set up so that half of this year's salary is dead money next year by way of a signing bonus. So releasing him would mess with our salary cap, and we would also have to re-sign him to a new contract for at least the league minimum in order to bring him back. Meaning another $500k or so expense that is new money (that we actually have to pay him, as well as more cap space that we have to use) on top of what we ate from the accelerated dead money.

Long story short, that guy is on the roster for the duration of the season unless he goes to IR.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ben and Duck now tied for career wins as starting QB in west coast games with one each?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Do they keep Lynch on the roster now and carry three QB's the rest of the way ?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Do they keep Lynch on the roster now and carry three QB's the rest of the way ?
    I don't see why. Likely release Lynch and sign back to PS.

Buggs gets a hat on Sundays now? Tuitt to IR and Mondeaux comes up?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I don't see why. Likely release Lynch and sign back to PS.

Buggs gets a hat on Sundays now? Tuitt to IR and Mondeaux comes up?
    I don't either and why I asked. Sux about Tuitt big time. I do like Mondo though.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I would imagine they release Lynch and try to get him back on the PS if Rudolph is ready to go; a third QB just ties up a roster space if he is not going to be active and we don't want to keep him as a future prospect. We don't have much invested in Lynch, and he doesn't fit either of those profiles.

Looks like we will have two roster spaces free with Tuitt heading to IR. Maybe we sign another RB also, if Samuels is going to be out for a month and Conner may be beat up as well?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I would imagine they release Lynch and try to get him back on the PS if Rudolph is ready to go; a third QB just ties up a roster space if he is not going to be active and we don't want to keep him as a future prospect. We don't have much invested in Lynch, and he doesn't fit either of those profiles.

Looks like we will have two roster spaces free with Tuitt heading to IR. Maybe we sign another RB also, if Samuels is going to be out for a month and Conner may be beat up as well?
    I'm okay with another RB as long as they don't bring Frenchy back.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I'm okay with another RB as long as they don't bring Frenchy back.
    Another RB? We don’t need no stinking RB...

It’s Benny Snell football!

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Another RB? We don’t need no stinking RB...

It’s Benny Snell football!
    Haha my favorite Bogart movie.

Roster Moves Coming?

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Chickillo is on a 2-year contract that was basically set up so that half of this year's salary is dead money next year by way of a signing bonus. So releasing him would mess with our salary cap, and we would also have to re-sign him to a new contract for at least the league minimum in order to bring him back. Meaning another $500k or so expense that is new money (that we actually have to pay him, as well as more cap space that we have to use) on top of what we ate from the accelerated dead money.

Long story short, that guy is on the roster for the duration of the season unless he goes to IR.
    Releasing Chickillo and eating that salary cap money isn’t going to make or break the team in the least bit. If that’s why they are keeping him, that’s just poor.