Thread: Steeler Lethargic Wide Receivers

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steeler Lethargic Wide Receivers

I don't know about you folks but this crew of wideouts seems like they have something else on their minds other than football. Besides JuJu there isn't any urgency or fire in any of them. No worries Moncrief will be back next week.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steeler Lethargic Wide Receivers

As I said in the gameday thread. These receivers are not gamebreakers of any kind. They are very average as a group.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

At least Washington got some catches today, he had 2 on the previous 2 games

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Big problem is we have great individuals on this team but not great football players I beleive Johnson will shine he’s showing he is ahead of Washington in a lot of ways. But those WR are young young young, so I’m hoping it’s growing pains! Also they forget about the TE’s get them involved more,please!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

They are going to have to make a move at this group this week. Washington likely wont be able to practice and might not be able to play.

Switzer likely (FINALLY) gets his walking papers. Either someone from the outside comes on the roster or whoever is on the PS gets called-up.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    As I said in the gameday thread. These receivers are not gamebreakers of any kind. They are very average as a group.
    Like I said in the gameday thread. They cal them walkers in TWD.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

How different does anyone feel about the WR group comparing the first half to the second half?

Hodges got the ball out quicker and down the field more than Rudolph did. Suddenly, guys looked "open" and "athletic".

While I still do not think that Hodges is better or Rudolph is bad; I do think Hodges is quicker to make a decision. As we saw with the one throw for the INT that got called back, it might not be a good decision, but it does happen faster.

No idea if that holds up when he is asked to do it for an entire game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They are going to have to make a move at this group this week. Washington likely wont be able to practice and might not be able to play.

Switzer likely (FINALLY) gets his walking papers. Either someone from the outside comes on the roster or whoever is on the PS gets called-up.
    If Washington is hurt, that's all the more reason the front office WILL NOT do anything with Switzer. They will just go: JuJu, Switzer, Johnson, Holton and Moncrief. I'm guessing nothing happens in that area of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If Washington is hurt, that's all the more reason the front office WILL NOT do anything with Switzer. They will just go: JuJu, Switzer, Johnson, Holton and Moncrief. I'm guessing nothing happens in that area of the roster.
    Sigh. You are almost certainly right. And that is dumb. Not that you are right, but that the same FO that makes some bold decisions, refuses to make others.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sigh. You are almost certainly right. And that is dumb. Not that you are right, but that the same FO that makes some bold decisions, refuses to make others.
    I got you...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

How different does anyone feel about the WR group comparing the first half to the second half?

Hodges got the ball out quicker and down the field more than Rudolph did. Suddenly, guys looked "open" and "athletic".

While I still do not think that Hodges is better or Rudolph is bad; I do think Hodges is quicker to make a decision. As we saw with the one throw for the INT that got called back, it might not be a good decision, but it does happen faster.

No idea if that holds up when he is asked to do it for an entire game.
    I can agree with Hodges getting the ball out quicker Not so sure about the WR guys. Their play looks just like pre-Ben-injury.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Tomlin will hold tight to what we got, but at this point it's time to hold some real time try outs. Season is a wash throw some spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. I'd love to see more of holton and Johnson

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Tomlin will hold tight to what we got, but at this point it's time to hold some real time try outs. Season is a wash throw some spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. I'd love to see more of holton and Johnson

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    You will because that's all we've got (along w/Juju) if Farmer is out the next game.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    You will because that's all we've got (along w/Juju) if Farmer is out the next game.
    Hodges is more use to them since camp and preseason. Maybe that will help.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

These receivers are mediocre at best