Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devin Bush leads Rookie of the Year Race

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Devin Bush leads Rookie of the Year Race

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'd agree if he had one more year on his contract, but playing well for 6 games in his last year isn't enough to merit a mid-1st round pick.
    No. It’s not but they’ve done a lot worse than picking Dupree (and his portfolio) in the first round. He wasn’t the first round production you want but he wasn’t a total bust either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No. It’s not but they’ve done a lot worse than picking Dupree (and his portfolio) in the first round. He wasn’t the first round production you want but he wasn’t a total bust either.
    Well Jarvis Jones takes the prize for recent busts, by a mile.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

At one end of the spectrum was Jarvis Jones. All production, limited physical talent.

On the other end was Bud Dupree. All physical talent, limited production.

SUMMATION:
    Watt & The Cobra are the perfect ratio of talent and production.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nf...kie-year-odds/

Allen or Bosa takes it. Pass rushers always do better in these kind of things.
    Same reason Aaron Smith never got the love he deserved outside of Pittsburgh. Media loves sexy stats

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Hits on inside linebackers and misses on the outside...
    T.J. ??

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    -He's too small.
    -He doesnt have as many college TFL as Devin White does
    -He is too short to cover TE's in the NFL.
    -He doesnt make many splash plays or INT's.

I was hoping the Raiders would draft either one of them.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    T.J. ??
    Sans TJ. He’s my man. If you go back to March before his draft you’ll find the official draft TJ Watt thread started by me.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Sans TJ. He’s my man. If you go back to March before his draft you’ll find the official draft TJ Watt thread started by me.
    You wasn't the only one pimping him and sure there is post of mine back then as well. Was actually the first player in about 7 years the Steelers drafted I wanted in the 1st RD, Amazing he drop that far to us.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    You wasn't the only one pimping him and sure there is post of mine back then as well. Was actually the first player in about 7 years the Steelers drafted I wanted in the 1st RD, Amazing he drop that far to us.
    Yeah, I’m not even a fan of college football, but I loved the idea of drafting a Watt brother simply off of what I know about the family and their work ethic. With people around him vouching for his abilities on the field, I was confident he’d live up to his potential.

It’s a little similar with Bush. Once you know the ability is there, look to the family situation. Often you can tell if a kid will work his ass off to be the best he can possibly be, or rest on his natural abilities.

It’s also important to evaluate their intelligence. Both Bush and Watt really passed that above the neck test for me.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Yeah, I’m not even a fan of college football, but I loved the idea of drafting a Watt brother simply off of what I know about the family and their work ethic. With people around him vouching for his abilities on the field, I was confident he’d live up to his potential.

It’s a little similar with Bush. Once you know the ability is there, look to the family situation. Often you can tell if a kid will work his ass off to be the best he can possibly be, or rest on his natural abilities.

It’s also important to evaluate their intelligence. Both Bush and Watt really passed that above the neck test for me.
    Yep Pedigree alone made Watt a good choice. I caught a few college games of him and he was a beast on the left side.Took a year but glad the Steelers figure out putting him there. Heck so happy they drafted him.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I was hoping the Raiders would draft either one of them.
    Yeah, and if the Steelers didn't trade up to get Bush, he would have been a Bengal most likely.

Kirk Morrison was always an underrated Raider ILB I thought. Somebody like that on defense is always good on the field.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Kirk Morrison
    One of my favorite non-Steelers.

Good player, great analyst, outstanding person.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think Bosa has it at this point...lol. Dude is balling out today...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I think Bosa has it at this point...lol. Dude is balling out today...

Bosa is going to be a force as long as he stays healthy. He's the real deal.

I said it when he was coming out. Baby Bosa is going to be better than his big brother. Maybe a lot better.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

As long as Bosa stays healthy and the 49ers keep winning it's going to be him. Playing a major role in turning a losing team into a contending team will earn him extra points, especially over Bush who while great thus far is on a losing team

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Bosa has to be considered the favorite. Edge rusher and on a team that's winning, the impact he's had, Bosa's leading the race
    After today... yup

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Signed. Sealed. And Delivered. Bosa has this thing locked up just about. It would take a collapse by him and an epic run of game altering plays by anyone else to change the outcome at this point.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Signed. Sealed. And Delivered. Bosa has this thing locked up just about. It would take a collapse by him and an epic run of game altering plays by anyone else to change the outcome at this point.
    After losing $$$ over the past month by betting against them I finally concede the 49ers with that defense are the current class of the NFC - great rookie on a team playing great usually gets the award

In hindsight the Steelers nearly beating the 49ers on the road might have been the Steelers best performance of the season - I thought Bosa abusing AV was due to AV having a bad game but Bosa is simply that good

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Agreed, but still doesn't diminish any performance by Bush and the fact that the Steelers look to have found their impactful ILB.

ps. I still love all the pre draft hate this kid was getting for his height, lack of sacks, INT's, TFL's etc. Just draftnik talk from a bunch of people that didn't bother to watch him play.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    After losing $$$ over the past month by betting against them I finally concede the 49ers with that defense are the current class of the NFC - great rookie on a team playing great usually gets the award

In hindsight the Steelers nearly beating the 49ers on the road might have been the Steelers best performance of the season - I thought Bosa abusing AV was due to AV having a bad game but Bosa is simply that good
    Agreed, but still doesn't diminish any performance by Bush and the fact that the Steelers look to have found their impactful ILB.

ps. I still love all the pre draft hate this kid was getting for his height, lack of sacks, INT's, TFL's etc. Just draftnik talk from a bunch of people that didn't bother to watch him play.
    Agreed on all points.

There have been a great # of exaggerated reactions to little things this season by Steelers fans. Skipper is no great loss. Hodges is not a fearless gunslinger ready to set the NFL on fire. Rudolph isn't the key to unlocking some hyper-efficient "no stars" based offense. And worries about Bush (I voiced many myself!) not being a playmaker were unfounded.

All more evidence that week to week reactions based on elation or anger over the most recent game outcome do not make for sound football opinions. We all do it and hopefully we can all laugh about it!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The 49ers are gonna beat the pats in the super bowl. final score will be 9-6

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I think it’s safe to say that at this point in the season, we are happy with our 2019 #1 pick, yes?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...the-year-race/
    ”Hush Harriett, that’s a sure way to get him killed.”

This pretty much tells the story...thought Bush had it early on but Bosa has taken over...even Baldy is voting Bosa

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Dupree wasn’t a total miss though...they’ve done much much worse than Dupree.
    Very true. I'd take him over Jarvis Jones in an instant. I never disliked Dupree, i mean he's not a pro bowl level guy you always hope a first round draft pick is, but he's a solid starter.

Iiiiif the Steelers still had their 2020 R1 pick*, I’d trade the entire draft to get up to #1 in order to acquire Chase Young.

Imagine TJ Watt on one side, and Young on the other. The Steelers offense might only need to score 13 points per game to win most weeks.

*As I’ve stated numerous times, I am more than pleased with Minkah Fitzpatrick. I’m playing “hypotheticals”, because Young might be even better than Nick Bosa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM