Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Week

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Ravens Week

I think they beat the Cards and the Phins. I think the Browns exposed their “QB”. If we can stop the run and the deep ball, we can win this game. Our defense will have to show up along its strengths and get some pressure, each time the Browns got even a little pressure, Jackson was worthless. I am hopeful that we can run the ball half as effective as Cleveland, which will open up a little of the passing game for Mason.

Prediction 27-13 Steelers

MR tosses 2 TDs in a better game than the Bungles as he keeps improving.

I would really like to see Washington have a big game as well. Johnson is playing well, Juju is being shut down, so we still need another WR to step up.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Ravens Week

Pressure Jackson and don't get beat deep by Hollywood, and they got a good chance. Agree though I thought Jackson was already exposed by the Chiefs. If he has to play catch-up, or under pressure, he will make mistakes.

With that said, the Ravens will play tough and are never a gimmie. I'm expecting one of those 50-50 games that's decided by the last drive. They are on a 2 game losing streak and are desperate to get a win, they will come out swinging.

24-21 Ravens, hope I'm wrong but that's my prediction. Though like I said, this is pretty much a 50-50 game in my book.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Eliminating the inside run via an emerging Bush and a returning ViniVidiVici at MLB. Add in a newly-motivated Mark Barron who's just had a fire lit under his ass, and you can stretch the run game to the outside which is where the Ravens do not want to be sending it.

MFF bounces back from a largely quiet Monday night game to ball-hawk a pick foolishly sent up as Watt and Dupree establish unlawful carnal knowledge of Jackson in the backfield. JuJu breaks out for a 100-yard game with a TD after also being held mostly in check last Monday. Vannett becomes Mason's favorite 3rd down target and finishes with 5 catches for 65 yards.

27-21 Steelers for my first ever game in the Burgh.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Andrews and Boyle the TEs will have a field day for the Ratbirds.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steelers 17-13.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Early prediction:

Fichtner tries to trot that same offense out against the Ravens...not a great defense but better than the Bengals. Ravens eat it up...Fichtner panics...falls back to the Ben offense...things get worse.

31-13 Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Early prediction:

Fichtner tries to trot that same offense out against the Ravens...not a great defense but better than the Bengals. Ravens eat it up...Fichtner panics...falls back to the Ben offense...things get worse.

31-13 Ravens.
    I trust a rubber snake more then I do trust Fichtner calling a good game two weeks in a row.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Cleveland exposed this team. They aren't that good. Their defense is suffering from the loss of numerous key players and Jackson is not as good. They got hyped up because they played the Dolphins who may be the worst team the NFL has seen since the 1976 Bucs. After that they barely beat a bad Cards team at home then have lost 2 in a row (kudos though I guess for making it close against the Chiefs) in which their D was exposed. At this team's AFC North hopes rest in the Cleveland Browns self-destructing. We'll see though if Pittsburgh is improving or if they looked good week 4 because they played a Bungals team who barring a trade is probably going to be picking in the top 3 next April

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Lamar Jackson or no. It’s the Ravens.

This will go down to the final quarter most likely in a one score game. Randy Fichtner called one good game, but I don’t see lightning striking twice. Ravens D clamps down.

23-9 Ravens.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

My take:

Ravens OL not protecting Jackson. Steelers sacked Heat Miser 8 times. Not a good stat for Baltimore.

Ravens secondary looks lost. Safeties and CB’s out of position way too often. Juju may cause Thomas to pull a hammy.

Conner is not Chubb. But may still get over 100 yards from what I saw.

But...truth is, the AFCN is not its normal self this year. So who knows? At least I can count on Tucker!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ingram, Andrews, Edwards, and Jackson breaking contain are all the exact type of players that give the Steelers trouble. If I was the Ravens, I would be throwing passes to Justice Hill out of the backfield this week. Then you have Brown and Boykin getting loose behind a secondary too focused on Jackson and the run game...this just feels like a Ravens team that is good at everything the Steelers are bad at defending.

No idea what to expect out of the Steelers offense, but they still are not converting third downs. Only got to about 1 in 3 against the Bengals. Really need to have that be more like about half...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

If the Steelers can contain Jackson I think they have a chance and, don't be afraid to take a couple of deep shots down the field.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ingram, Andrews, Edwards, and Jackson breaking contain are all the exact type of players that give the Steelers trouble. If I was the Ravens, I would be throwing passes to Justice Hill out of the backfield this week. Then you have Brown and Boykin getting loose behind a secondary too focused on Jackson and the run game...this just feels like a Ravens team that is good at everything the Steelers are bad at defending.

No idea what to expect out of the Steelers offense, but they still are not converting third downs. Only got to about 1 in 3 against the Bengals. Really need to have that be more like about half...
    I agree, the TE talent the RB and TE talent the Ravens have makes play run defense and play action a big problem for Steelers Defense IMO. On offense, no east-west run game is gonna get the edge on Ravens, the Steelers need Nix and McDonald to be able to run off tackle. Sadly I think this one is a L.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Lamar Jackson or no. It’s the Ravens.

This will go down to the final quarter most likely in a one score game. Randy Fichtner called one good game, but I don’t see lightning striking twice. Ravens D clamps down.

23-9 Ravens.
    23-9 isn’t a one score game, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe we will try to run up the middle on 3rd and long less!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree, the TE talent the RB and TE talent the Ravens have makes play run defense and play action a big problem for Steelers Defense IMO. On offense, no east-west run game is gonna get the edge on Ravens, the Steelers need Nix and McDonald to be able to run off tackle. Sadly I think this one is a L.

Do the Steelers play Lamar Jackson straight up, or do they give him the chance to hurt them with his arm by having Bush spy him?

I think they probably do a little of both. I would come out and see how the defense holds up straight up. Mix in some run blitzes to get them behind the chains. If Jackson is able to get free and scramble for big conversions, they probably try to spy him and dare him to beat them with his arm.

This is a really interesting game from a strategic standpoint on both sides of the ball.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Keys are Steelers run defense with Vince Williams back and Mason improving: Ravens will dare him to air it out so he has to step it up. We’re at home so I feel confident that the Steelers will pull out the win.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Somebody HAS to win this division and rep the AFC North in the playoffs. Might as well be the Steelers. HERE WE GO!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Keys are Steelers run defense with Vince Williams back and Mason improving: Ravens will dare him to air it out so he has to step it up. We’re at home so I feel confident that the Steelers will pull out the win.

Yes and probably Chickillo. That doesn't excite me at all.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yes and probably Chickillo. That doesn't excite me at all.
    Hopefully they reduce his snaps, I never see him making any kind of significant play

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Do the Steelers play Lamar Jackson straight up, or do they give him the chance to hurt them with his arm by having Bush spy him?

I think they probably do a little of both. I would come out and see how the defense holds up straight up. Mix in some run blitzes to get them behind the chains. If Jackson is able to get free and scramble for big conversions, they probably try to spy him and dare him to beat them with his arm.

This is a really interesting game from a strategic standpoint on both sides of the ball.
    I think the Ravens plan a run heavy offense and then play action or read-option Jackson. The OLB's need to handle the read option and Jackson can evade them, so I don't think we will see straight drop back passes for a spy often. BUT, if they do I would personally consider using Edmunds to spy Jackson. Then use Hilton or Sutton at Safety, since Kelly is a liability.

Need to stop the run game of Ravens and make Jackson beat you with his arm. I'm more concerned about the offense not putting up points, since its easier to play against a Ravens offense that is playing from behind.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I think the Ravens plan a run heavy offense and then play action or read-option Jackson. The OLB's need to handle the read option and Jackson can evade them, so I don't think we will see straight drop back passes for a spy often. BUT, if they do I would personally consider using Edmunds to spy Jackson. Then use Hilton or Sutton at Safety, since Kelly is a liability.

Need to stop the run game of Ravens and make Jackson beat you with his arm. I'm more concerned about the offense not putting up points, since its easier to play against a Ravens offense that is playing from behind.

You are right. They don't do a lot of straight drop back stuff, but I do see the Ravens mixing things up this week and adding some stuff nobody has seen yet.

I was talking about in more obvious passing situations, where you would expect the defense to not honor the run fakes and play straight pass.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Chickillo needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers are a trendy pick this week - apparently based more on a suspect Ravens defense than the Steelers rolling over the Bengals. Of course the two Ravens losses resulted from the Chiefs and Browns exploiting the weaknesses on that defense - Steelers do not have that level of firepower

Baltimore’s defense is suspect. The Ravens have forced opponents to go three-and-out just 21 percent of the time (ninth worst in the league) and feature a below-average red-zone defense (64 percent conversion rate allowed, also ninth worst). That has led to 2.4 points allowed per drive, the seventh-worst rate in the league.

After adjusting these raw efficiencies for opponents faced, Baltimore has the fourth-worst defense of 2019. Only the Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins have been worse, per Football Outsiders. Those teams are a combined 2-10.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...wboys-raiders/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers are a trendy pick this week - apparently based more on a suspect Ravens defense than the Steelers rolling over the Bengals. Of course the two Ravens losses resulted from the Chiefs and Browns exploiting the weaknesses on that defense - Steelers do not have that level of firepower

Baltimore’s defense is suspect. The Ravens have forced opponents to go three-and-out just 21 percent of the time (ninth worst in the league) and feature a below-average red-zone defense (64 percent conversion rate allowed, also ninth worst). That has led to 2.4 points allowed per drive, the seventh-worst rate in the league.

After adjusting these raw efficiencies for opponents faced, Baltimore has the fourth-worst defense of 2019. Only the Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins have been worse, per Football Outsiders. Those teams are a combined 2-10.

I think the Ravens win but I thought Lamar Jackson was the GOAT aka Savior of the League and HOFer?

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Based on a 4-game sample set. If this was a Week 12 statistic, then I'd give it some credence. Baltimore is clearly a better defense than what article implies. Elite? No. But not a pushover by any means.

The Steelers were the 3rd worst defense coming into Monday night before they gave Andy Dalton and company a curb-stomping. Now, they're firmly entrenched in the middle of the league due to such a small sample size.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Steelers win 3-2 on a late FG after giving up a safety early.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Based on a 4-game sample set. If this was a Week 12 statistic, then I'd give it some credence. Baltimore is clearly a better defense than what article implies. Elite? No. But not a pushover by any means.

The Steelers were the 3rd worst defense coming into Monday night before they gave Andy Dalton and company a curb-stomping. Now, they're firmly entrenched in the middle of the league due to such a small sample size.
    I'm willing to bet that any team that played the Chiefs so far is on the bottom of the defensive rankings

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The defense HAS played better each week. That is the trend worth noting. NOBODY knows what to expect from the offense this week. NOBODY. Not saying this is a “must win” but we all NEED this win Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers win 27-20