Thread: As if going to a Dolphins game wasn't a painful enough experience ...

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

As if going to a Dolphins game wasn't a painful enough experience ...

Now it appears they're "inflating" the price of beer at the stadium just a skosh:

A beer vendor was arrested Sunday after he allegedly charged a fan $724 for two beers at the Miami Dolphins' home game against the Los Angeles Chargers.According to Martin Vassolo of the Miami Herald, 33-year-old Nathaniel Collier swiped the fan's card with a personal card reader rather than the device Hard Rock Stadium provides its vendors. As a result, the fan received an alert from his bank regarding the charge, which included the name of the vendor.

Collier was arrested and charged with grand theft and using a skimming device. Meanwhile, the fan was issued a refund ...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-dolphins-game

Granted, I've been lit up enough at a few NFL games where $700 for two beers would seem perfectly reasonable by the 4th quarter ... but still, the balls of that guy to think he could pull this off!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: As if going to a Dolphins game wasn't a painful enough experience ...

Skimmers are bad in Florida and especially Miami. They are so bad that I no longer can use a credit card to buy gasoline because my card got hacked so many times. It got tiresome trying to straighten things out after the fact. A restaurant got me once and so did a black cashier girl at Winn-Dixie.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: As if going to a Dolphins game wasn't a painful enough experience ...

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Skimmers are bad in Florida and especially Miami. They are so bad that I no longer can use a credit card to buy gasoline because my card got hacked so many times. It got tiresome trying to straighten things out after the fact. A restaurant got me once and so did a black cashier girl at Winn-Dixie.
    .....and now we have the “tap” cards. Tell me that won’t be a huge skim issue.