Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Football broadcast

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Monday Night Football broadcast

Monday Night Football is pathetic, they don't replay controversial calls, they talk to much and the crew sucks. I don't really care for Thursday night football at least they do a better job of bringing you the game. Yes I can turn off the volume but I can't improve the way they are delivering the game. MNF used to be a fun game to watch but they have taken it to a whole new level of SUCK. Love that we won last night, but that show needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Monday Night Football broudcast

I agree. They’re, maybe, a step above a local broadcast and even some of those are better. At least they aren’t trolling Booger up and down the sidelines and showing the announcers every 10 minutes like they did last year.

But you’re 100% correct. The quality is hokey at best and nowhere near what it used to be.

MNF is just an after thought at this stage because of TNF, SNF and the ability to see all the games anywhere you want now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I agree. They’re, maybe, a step above a local broadcast and even some of those are better. At least they aren’t trolling Booger up and down the sidelines and showing the announcers every 10 minutes like they did last year.

But you’re 100% correct. The quality is hokey at best and nowhere near what it used to be.

MNF is just an after thought at this stage because of TNF, SNF and the ability to see all the games anywhere you want now...
    Agreed and miss when MNF was on ABC. Had to get in free trail of Youtube TV to watch the game then cancel subscription. Honestly if Youtube TV would be $30 a month I would keep it. $50 plus tax ain't cool. Point being only care for Monday night Football when Steelers are on.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Agreed - they try to make the game an event with the announcers as the stars like we are still in the 1970s. Those days are gone - Tessitore is a journeyman and Booger just babbles.

IMO ESPN would dump the MNF game except they are afraid Fox would pick it up and are paying a lot of the MNF rights $$$ for unlimited use of NFL highlights in the their programming that fills their daytime schedule

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

MNF as an "event" went downhill when Cosell and Dandy Don left. After that, we had the murderer OJ and drunk Joe Namath then the rest of the boring replacements.

This latest crew is awful like the rest of the networks (Except Romo). I don't even know the name of the play by play guy - he is that memorable. Booger is laughable. He should just go play in a chair on a crane and move himself around the stadium.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    MNF as an "event" went downhill when Cosell and Dandy Don left. After that, we had the murderer OJ and drunk Joe Namath then the rest of the boring replacements.

This latest crew is awful like the rest of the networks (Except Romo). I don't even know the name of the play by play guy - he is that memorable. Booger is laughable. He should just go play in a chair on a crane and move himself around the stadium.
    I think a drunk Joe Namath would be infinitely more listenable than hearing Booger McFarland's blather for three hours. That guy is beyond bad.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Too bad because I like Booger, but he just doesn't have what it takes.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Too bad because I like Booger, but he just doesn't have what it takes.
    He's better than Witten.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    I think a drunk Joe Namath would be infinitely more listenable than hearing Booger McFarland's blather for three hours. That guy is beyond bad.

Booger McFarland’s Praise For The Bengals Didn’t Sit Well With Monday Night Football Viewers

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...tball-praises-

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I didn't mind Michaels and Gifford. MNF went downhill bad when ESPN took it over.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think a drunk Joe Namath would be infinitely more listenable than hearing Booger McFarland's blather for three hours.
    It would certainly be funnier. "I couldn't care less about the team strugg-a-ling."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I didn't mind Michaels and Gifford. MNF went downhill bad when ESPN took it over.
    Yes. When ESPN got it, the “hoakieness” started...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

That snoop dogg halftime shit was terrible

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    It would certainly be funnier. "I couldn't care less about the team strugg-a-ling."
    I wanna kisshhh yoooo ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Let's face it: We all want to make out with Suzy Kolber. Gay men, hetero women, it doesn't matter.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Gifford, Dandy Don, and Cosell were the best IMO.
    Much of the banter between Meredith and Cosell was hilarious.

I turn the volume completely down when I watch MNF.
    Tessitore and Booger are beyond terrible.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I wanna kisshhh yoooo ...
    Theismann: "Joe's just a happy guy!"

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Gifford, Dandy Don, and Cosell were the best IMO.
    Much of the banter between Meredith and Cosell was hilarious.

I turn the volume completely down when I watch MNF.
    Tessitore and Booger are beyond terrible.
    I liked Gifford and Meredith but Cosell was usually too drunk.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Monday Night Football broadcast

Every week, I watch the game with my parents. On Monday, my mom turned to me, and she sounded like that Spider-man meme:

Who dufaq is that?... who dufaq is he???... what dufaq is going on!?!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He's better than Witten.

True. Witten was just lifeless and completely boring. At least Booger has good energy.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    In my life time Michaels, Gifford and Deirdorf(sp) were the very best... IMO

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    In my life time Michaels, Gifford and Deirdorf(sp) were the very best... IMO
    Boy, I hated Dierdorf when he was a broadcaster. I was thrilled when he finally took his Cro-Magnon lisp away from the microphone.

They weren’t Monday Night but I think Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen were my favorites.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

They weren’t Monday Night but I think Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen were my favorites.
    Definitely in the A class of broadcasting duos. They really clicked together.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Al Michaels is easily my #1. Pairing him with just about anybody is a win. Well... maybe not Dennis Miller.

I'll always like Dennis Miller for that one broadcast when he looked up at the Budweiser blimp and called it the "Hindenbud". I shot beer through my nose on that one.

Pretty sure he was on the receiving end of a one-way conversation from the ABC execs after that crack. The rest of the time he was an unprepared hack, but at least he struck gold once with that joke.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I assume ESPN will blow it up and start from scratch in 2020, hopefully without going back to a three man booth in another doomed attempt to recreate Gifford/Meredith/Cosell

Tessitore calls every play as if it is the go ahead score in the last 2 minutes of a Super Bowl and Booger can be counted on for several major screw ups each game

Maybe replace Tessitore with someone at Fox or CBS who is blocked from moving up to announce the top game of the week since Buck and Nantz are not going anywhere

As far as the analyst goes, almost anyone would be an improvement over Booger

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Booger is annoying, last Monday's game between the Ravens and Rams I had to mute it halfway through. I must have heard references to Michael Vick 2000 times. Yeah we heard you the first, second, third, ... 20th time already, find something else to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Booger is annoying, last Monday's game between the Ravens and Rams I had to mute it halfway through. I must have heard references to Michael Vick 2000 times. Yeah we heard you the first, second, third, ... 20th time already, find something else to talk about.
    Booger seemed really interested in letting us know how much he thinks Lamar Jackson is a great QB who is redefining the position - cannot imagine why