Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPDATE : NFL Upholds Burfict supension

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: Burfict suspended for the season

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Derek Carr told reporters on Wednesday that Burfict “is one of the most misunderstood people in the NFL,” via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com. “He is a great guy. . . . I don’t think the suspension is fair. . . . His heart is broken.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...misunderstood/

Boo fucking hoo
    Damn where did I hear that before...Oh yeah John Gruden. Not sure which one is taking his cue from the other but talk about the blind leading the blind

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Yea.... sorry Derek. He's a POS. You can be gone as soon as possible, too. I loved you before you got hurt. You are a scared little girl trying to be an NFL QB...... stealing 25 million a year. Can't wait til you are gone!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

AB is misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Burfict shoulda knocked the common sense back into AB

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Misunderstood???!!! I understand him perfectly. He lives to hurt people. Raiders knew that and took him anyway......AB....same thing. You take your chances with damaged goods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Burfict shoulda knocked the common sense back into AB
    Did AB ever have any? He was doing celebrations when he knew he would get 15 yards.( still crack up on the failed goal post mount).

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Misunderstood???!!! I understand him perfectly. He lives to hurt people. Raiders knew that and took him anyway......AB....same thing. You take your chances with damaged goods.

- - - Updated - - -

Did AB ever have any? He was doing celebrations when he knew he would get 15 yards.( still crack up on the failed goal post mount).
    relevant..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

John Gruden won a championship with players associated with Mike Tomlin. So, you really can’t blame Gruden for bringing in AB and Burfict.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Honestly, that second one looks pretty tame, the kind of play no one would bat an eye over a few years ago or with a different name on the back of the jersey. I have about as low of an opinion of Burfict as you can have, but they are really just piling on for whatever extra PR points exist for that in their minds.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but going back and watching the original dirty hit, the Colts TE was clearly looking to get up and try to run for more yards if no one tackled him. He wasn't a defenseless guy down on one knee trying to give himself up.

Burfict is a POS and his out-of-control play definitely is going to continue getting people hurt if they allow him - but if that one is what they're using as the last straw, I've gotta say that's lame.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Well, it's kinda when you're on probation because you were convicted of a crime earlier. You will be watched more closely and any infraction will lead to much more severe punishment than other people who do the same would get because you are a repeat offender. Burfict is well known for hitting people on purpose at least reckless, probably even intentional.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Well, it's kinda when you're on probation because you were convicted of a crime earlier. You will be watched more closely and any infraction will lead to much more severe punishment than other people who do the same would get because you are a repeat offender. Burfict is well known for hitting people on purpose at least reckless, probably even intentional.
    Well yeah, but I really don't think either of those were actual infractions, like borderline for even being a penalty at all. It really, REALLY pains me to stick up for Burfict, but they are basing the whole thing on the first play against the TE being a dirty hit with intent to injure, and have gone out of their way to drive that point home. Well, it wasn't actually a dirty hit or a late hit or intentional, or anything of the kind, the guy was trying to get up and run. Burfict is an asshole who makes dirty plays on a regular basis, but that wasn't one of them. It was a regular play.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

They didn’t convict OJ for murder; he went to jail for robbery.

They didn’t convict Al Capone for being a crime lord; he went to jail for tax evasion.

SUMMATION:
    The same basically applies now with Burfict.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

They didn’t convict Al Capone for being a crime lord; he went to jail for tax evasion.

SUMMATION:
    Yep, Roger the Godfather of the 32 families. The families fight each other but bow down and kiss his ring.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Whatever. Only about 4-5 years late.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

My favorite thing that has happened tis season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

SUMMATION:
    I'm not shedding too many tears over that son of a bitch being booted from the league. But man - at least get the call right.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: UPDATE : NFL Upholds Burfict supension

Coming next week: the union grievance.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: UPDATE : NFL Upholds Burfict supension

He got shut down by another LB...what’s that tell you? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler