Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Serious question If Rudolph keeps struggling, do we dare play Devlin Hodges?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Serious question If Rudolph keeps struggling, do we dare play Devlin Hodges?

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I took a beating in this thread.
    It happens.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Re: Serious question If Rudolph keeps struggling, do we dare play Devlin Hodges?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    It happens.
    It does, but it doesn't mean I was wrong. Hodges could prove to be the better NFL player over time.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It does, but it doesn't mean I was wrong. Hodges could prove to be the better NFL player over time.
    Either one could go on to win 4 Super Bowl MVPs. But Rudolph has improved each outing with a passer rating over 100 and only 2 interceptions. I like the early preview of Hodges yesterday, but his real test will be starting on the road, just like Rudolph’s. I hope he does well and we get a W.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Doesn't mean you were right, either. Rudolph could prove to be the better NFL player over time. Most folks, and (more importantly) the Steelers staff tend to lean that way. Which is why Rudolph is #2 and Duck is #3...
    Besides, does it really matter all that much if you wind up being wrong? I mean... Nobody who makes any important decisions regarding this matter is listening to any of us anyway.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Either one could go on to win 4 Super Bowl MVPs. But Rudolph has improved each outing with a passer rating over 100 and only 2 interceptions. I like the early preview of Hodges yesterday, but his real test will be starting on the road, just like Rudolph’s. I hope he does well and we get a W.
    Yeah but to be fair, those were almost all dump off passes that every NFL QB had better make. As soon as he started throwing downfield, his numbers plummeted.