Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since apparently we need a Moncreif thread...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Since apparently we need a Moncreif thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Go all in! Trade our 2021 1st for Von Miller!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I don’t think you’re serious anyway. Miller is one of those ‘Broncos Legends’. No way they ever just trade him.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Lol no not serious. While I would love to see Von in a Steelers uniform, I'd prefer three team to stockpile 2021 picks. With it being the Trevor Lawrence draft and all. More draft capital we have there the better.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Lol no not serious. While I would love to see Von in a Steelers uniform, I'd prefer three team to stockpile 2021 picks. With it being the Trevor Lawrence draft and all. More draft capital we have there the better.

There’s absolutely no way we’ll be bad enough next year to be in the running for Lawrence.

But given how straight up obviously the Dolphins are tanking this year (I have to assume it’s for Tua at this point) the 2020 season should be really interesting to see if multiple teams adopt that strategy for the greatest QB prospect since Andrew Luck.

If I were to try and predict which teams are most likely to be in the Lawrence lottery it would be the Bengals and Lions. Maybe the Bucs?

Anyone else care to guess? I’m sure we’ll all remember to re-examine this thread (that has absolutely nothing to do with that topic) when the time comes.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    There’s absolutely no way we’ll be bad enough next year to be in the running for Lawrence.

But given how straight up obviously the Dolphins are tanking this year (I have to assume it’s for Tua at this point) the 2020 season should be really interesting to see if multiple teams adopt that strategy for the greatest QB prospect since Andrew Luck.

If I were to try and predict which teams are most likely to be in the Lawrence lottery it would be the Bengals and Lions. Maybe the Bucs?

Anyone else care to guess? I’m sure we’ll all remember to re-examine this thread (that has absolutely nothing to do with that topic) when the time comes.
    While I dont think we'll be in the bottom half of the league next year, I feel any draft capital holds more value in that class. We could ship out some of these guys (Dupree/Hargrave?) and pick up some 2021 picks. Use those picks to either move up yourself, or to sell them to a team like the Jags, Broncos etc who may wanna load up on draft ammo for a move at Lawrence. Could potentially pick up some top talent at a discount.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s dressed and in warmups...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Eagles traded for a LB today...may be safe to say they aren’t signing Fort?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

The Steelers have not done a good job brining in free agents recently. Moncrief, and Barron for example. We aren't good at keeping our guys either.

The team needs a good draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    The Steelers have not done a good job brining in free agents recently. Moncrief, and Barron for example. We aren't good at keeping our guys either.

The team needs a good draft.
    Joe Haden? Steven Nelson?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Barron at least got a little better but Moncrief was a disaster from the start.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    AluAlu?

All blasphemy, we must stick to pointing out the negative aspects of the 2nd most winningest NFL franchise in the past 10-15 years.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

mere fan
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Don't forget Minkah!

How about those secondary acquisitions??!!

The negative narrative is silly. Nobody hits on all their free agent pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Don't forget Minkah!

How about those secondary acquisitions??!!

The negative narrative is silly. Nobody hits on all their free agent pickups.
    You mean Belichick didn’t hit with Chad Johnson, Gordon, AB? You’re crazy...

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Nelson was a good point. Haden came here via trade, not free agency.

Wasn't it obvious the neither Moncrief or Barron could play based on what they did the season before and how little their old teams wanted them back? The Steelers spent a lot of money on these two and probably had to deal with " dead money " when they were cut. The Moncrief move to me says the Steelers had little faith in Washington. And don't even get me started on Green. The dude duped the Steelers. He was hurt, and our medical staff should have red flagged that move.

I have no issued trading for good player like Haden or Fitz, and applauded both moves. Nelson was solid, which is to say 5X better than Burns. With our pass rush it must be a lot of fun to be a DB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Donnell Woolford was average at best.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

You mean Belichick didn’t hit with Chad Johnson, Gordon, AB? You’re crazy...
    Haynesworth, Adalius Thomas, Deltha O'neal, Leigh Bodden.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Players available in free agency are available for a reason. Often that reason is the player isn't viewed as being that good.

Barron was an acceptable one year stop gap. That's all he was intended to be. Moncrief was a disaster. Together they count $5 million on this year's cap.

This is clear evidence of mismanagement and everyone should be fired.

I'd also like to know what the super duper hindsight plan would be if you don't sign Barron and then Denver doesn't trade down. Who plays LB then? VW and your imaginary friend?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

btw: Steven Nelson’s play was on par (and in some cases better) that the All-Pros and Pro Bowlers. As in: it was a freakin’ home run. Saying it was merely a “good” free agent signing is akin to saying that Hines Ward was merely a “good” receiver.

Then, with the leftover change, they signed a couple of stop-gap/depth players at WR and a LB.

But, yea... let’s gloss over the Nelson signing.

You mean Belichick didn’t hit with Chad Johnson, Gordon, AB? You're crazy...
    Mere mortals like us can't grasp the genius moves that Belichick conceives, and the way he thinks in multiple dimensions above everyone else.

As far as the me being crazy.....guilty as charged!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

once again you show your lack of Steelers' football knowledge, the Browns released Joe Haden and we signed him as a free agent.

https://www.steelers.com/news/free-a...e-a-difference

Wasn't it obvious the neither Moncrief or Barron could play based on what they did the season before and how little their old teams wanted them back? The Steelers spent a lot of money on these two and probably had to deal with " dead money " when they were cut. The Moncrief move to me says the Steelers had little faith in Washington. And don't even get me started on Green. The dude duped the Steelers. He was hurt, and our medical staff should have red flagged that move.

I have no issued trading for good player like Haden or Fitz, and applauded both moves. Nelson was solid, which is to say 5X better than Burns. With our pass rush it must be a lot of fun to be a DB.
    Haden was released by Cleveland.

Of course there’s dead money. All teams have it. But between the two, it’s less than $5M and they are on the hook for less than $9M. Take the genius in NE...they are on the hook for $21.5M in dead space. Take the Eagles, as well, who I would say is one of the better roster management teams out there...they are on the hook for $15M. So the “dead money” really isn’t that terrible.