Thread: Browns QB Baker Mayfield Upset at Former NFL Coach Rex Ryan

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Browns QB Baker Mayfield Upset at Former NFL Coach Rex Ryan

During a Monday appearance on ESPN, the former NFL coach delivered a completely unprompted criticism of Mayfield, calling the quarterback "overrated as hell."

"I'd love to be an offensive coordinator [with the Browns]," Ryan said, via Cleveland.com. "I have Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and there's Baker Mayfield. Yeah, I know he's overrated as hell ...."

Ryan then went on to explain why he thinks Mayfield is overrated.

"Look, I bought into the dang hype," Ryan said. "Here's a guy right now that's a one-read guy, and then he's going to improvise. He's gotta realize that you are one of the slowest guys on that field when you take off with it. The ball's not coming out in rhythm. He's staring down guys, and you're not that accurate down the field."

As you could probably guess, Mayfield didn't agree with Ryan's assessment of his talent, and the Browns quarterback came out swinging on Wednesday when he finally got a chance to respond to Ryan's comments. As a matter of fact, Mayfield went straight for the jugular by pointing out that Ryan doesn't really have much room to talk since there's a "reason" he doesn't have an NFL coaching job right now.

"If you don't wear orange and brown, you don't matter," Mayfield said, via ESPN.com. "And Rex Ryan doesn't have any colors right now for a reason."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...rated-as-hell/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Browns QB Baker Mayfield Upset at Former NFL Coach Rex Ryan

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

LMAO

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

So BM can dish it out but he can't take it eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Mayfield kinda reminds me of Jeff George just without the cannon

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Reminds me of Johnny Manziel.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

All I know is I'm still taking them +260 against the Ravens this weekend. Those odds are insane.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Why is everyone trashing this year's Super Bowl MVP?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Mayfield= Mental Midget

Browns QB Baker Mayfield Upset at Former NFL Coach Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    All I know is I'm still taking them +260 against the Ravens this weekend. Those odds are insane.
    What’s it say that the spread started at 3.5 and is now up to 7? Cleveland may be the play...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

What’s it say that the spread started at 3.5 and is now up to 7? Cleveland may be the play...
    Sometimes betting is more about seeing what everyone else bets on and jacks up the odds, than about who's actually the stronger team.

Like, I think Baltimore is more likely to win that game, but are they almost three times as likely? Not unless they're playing a guaranteed last-place 4-12 team.

Having said that, I also took the Chargers -15.5 over the Dolphins. I don't actually like that bet very much, but historically over the last 20 years, if you can figure out who is going to be among the worst 3 or 4 teams in the league, you will win 70% of the time betting against them no matter what the spread is, even if it's 20 points or more. And Miami is DEFINITELY going to be one of those - rare that you can figure it out so early.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Sometimes betting is more about seeing what everyone else bets on and jacks up the odds, than about who's actually the stronger team.

Like, I think Baltimore is more likely to win that game, but are they almost three times as likely? Not unless they're playing a guaranteed last-place 4-12 team.

Having said that, I also took the Chargers -15.5 over the Dolphins. I don't actually like that bet very much, but historically over the last 20 years, if you can figure out who is going to be among the worst 3 or 4 teams in the league, you will win 70% of the time betting against them no matter what the spread is, even if it's 20 points or more. And Miami is DEFINITELY going to be one of those - rare that you can figure it out so early.
    Looks like both good calls, nice

Looks like both good calls, nice
    Also had the Raiders +250 over Indianapolis, and just CLEANED UP. That was one of the luckiest weekends of sports betting in history.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Mayfield at the best reminds me of Phillip Rivers!

- - - Updated - - -

Also had the Raiders +250 over Indianapolis, and just CLEANED UP. That was one of the luckiest weekends of sports betting in history.
    Help me out and haven't bet in many many years. What does +250 mean ? is that like spotted 2.5 points on the spread ? I'm still cool understanding the oven and under. Also Congrats Bro!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Mayfield at the best reminds me of Phillip Rivers!

- - - Updated - - -

Help me out and haven't bet in many many years. What does +250 mean ? is that like spotted 2.5 points on the spread ? I'm still cool understanding the oven and under. Also Congrats Bro!!!!!
    +250 means you bet $100 to win $250. -250 means you bet $250 to win $100.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

+250 means you bet $100 to win $250. -250 means you bet $250 to win $100.
    Well explain and thanks bro.