Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goats vs Niners

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Goats vs Niners

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Goat- Ben for calling the plays from his easy chair and relaying them to Fichtner.

Ben's "caddy" handed Mason the wrong club all day long.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Now let me start off by saying this, do not blame that game on the defense, okay? I don't care who you play, whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, MUCH less an NFL team, when you force 5 turnovers, 3 in field position to set up touchdowns, and only score 6 points, you aint gonna beat anybody i just talked about, anybody. Alright? And that was a disgraceful performance, in my opinon. We threw that game, we gave it away, by doing that. We gave them the freakin game, in my opinion that sucked. You know, you can't not capitalize on turnovers like that. Holy crap, I don't know the hell we think we are, when we do something like that. 5 turnovers, we lost with a +4 turnover differential, that might be an NFL record! That's pitiful, absolutely pitiful to perform like that, pitiful.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I think we might possibly have the worst D-Coordinator and O-Coordinator in the NFL. If there's any positive from this season is that our coaching staff gets exposed and heads will finally roll.

The score was a lot closer than it should have been, SF did everything they possibly could to give us the game, this should have been a blowout loss.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The entire was bad, it was just close because the 49ers desperately tried to hand them the game on a silver platter, the Steelers just gave it right back to them. Honestly this was a piss poor game of football from both team. The 49ers played down to the Steelers competition Tomlin-style, Tomlin just out-Tomlined them

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

they beat us because we are not a good football team in any aspect of the game ....

our Offense has zero identity ,

hell Samuels never had a touch the entire game ! ( but snell got 3 carries for 6 yards )

James Washington just 4 targets

Vance 2 Targets hell Grimble had 2 ....

who is to blame the QB who is not getting past his second read or the coordinator for not putting him in a better pos to succeed with play calling ?
    I have my thoughts on that but does it matter ???

the defense is a bend do not break def that sadly at the worst possible times breaks

some games its nearly every drive ( see week 1 )

we have really good players Tuitt is a beast , Bush is excelling early , Minkah has already paid dividends , Haden still plays well , nelson has been pretty decent ..

so there are players at every level playing well yet as a team they are not playing well ... who takes the blame for that ??? ( BUTLER should ) but he won't
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Goats- Bell, Brown & Steelers. All losers, pretty darn sad.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    1.9 YPC on 18 carries today.

EDIT: Oh, and a year's suspension the next time he gets nailed for weed. Think the "aspiring rapper" gave that up? Yeah, me neither.
    By that logic Conner may be averaging .7 YPC behind that Jets O-Line...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I just don't want to crush a young guy starting his first NFL game. I think he missed some throws and took checkdowns sooner than you would like, but his supporting cast has to help him more.

I agree with you about people getting giddy a little too quickly about Rudolph. We still don't know that much yet.

Patience has limited availability at fan message boards.

Far too many here are willing to start shoveling dirt on Big Ben. It's very premature IMO.
    It’s not easy when the pocket is collapsing around you most of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Sounds like we were missing VW. And the running game has sucked since Munchak and AB (who took the passing game with him) left. Still have to look at the coaches with a critical eye for poor prep specially on offense and allowing costly penalties.

Couldn’t win the game with 5 turnovers....bad sign

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Goats were the offense (OL , WRs and RBs) not playing their best games to help out what amounts to be a rookie QB. Coaches also, but we almost all knew we wouldn’t have a gameplan that would be beneficial for them.

Junior Member Array title="Lamberts_Lunatic will become famous soon enough">

I thought, especially when you consider he was only signed last week, Fitzpatrick played like like his hair was on fire. I gotta a feeling about this guy. I think he's gonna be really, really good. I'm talkin like Polamalu good. I definitely feel like he defended every single blade of grass. This was a great move by the front office.

Hate to say this, but the James Conner experiment should be terminated. He'd make a great back up, but at this point he doesn't seem to have the skills necessary the carry the team....and no excuses either. (but it doesn't look like the guy he replaced did much better and he's makin millions....hahahahahaha). He reminds me ..a lot... of Redman. At this point maybe if he bulked up and the team went back to the power running game ala Bettis and Roethlisberger in his first couple of years it might work. But that's not todays NFL and Conner is no Bettis. Perhaps he should move on with his life's work.

I"m gonna reserve comment on Rudolph for a game or two. I really wanna go back and watch a few things he did.

Lamberts Lunatic

"Quarterbacks should wear dresses".

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Even if Connor doesnt fumble the ball, there is no guarantee that the Steelers move the chains on the next 2 downs. I put that on a bad playcall to start with, as why would you pull 2 O linemen to the short side of the field vs 8 men in the box? IMO, just better to insert Banner as the 6th O lineman and go straight ahead, or if he wants to pull O linemen, do it to the wide side on the left. Had Connor running east-west into a phone booth on the short side. Dumb call IMO.

I still think they had a good chance to get a couple more 1st downs and eat up clock to the 2 minute warning and maybe punt. Shannahan outcoached himself running a jet action, pre snap that caused the last fumble that Watt recovered. Steeler have to be smart about getting at least a few first downs, if not points and putting that game away.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Barron for his continued patented run around in a looping path to some random spot on the field and look around and wonder why the other team isn't punting.
    I said earlier in the preseason that Barron wasn't a fast guy coming out of college as a SS. He put on 15 pounds and plays more of a nickel LB, so the notion that he was going to be some kind of great cover LB is a bit misguided IMO. He was there as veteran insurance in case the Steelers didn't get somebody like Bush in the draft, as they couldn't go on with Bostic again.

IMO, the Steelers are better with Vince and Bush at ILB. Then on dime, bring in another safety to play next to Bush.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I said earlier in the preseason that Barron wasn't a fast guy coming out of college as a SS. He put on 15 pounds and plays more of a nickel LB, so the notion that he was going to be some kind of great cover LB is a bit misguided IMO. He was there as veteran insurance in case the Steelers didn't get somebody like Bush in the draft, as they couldn't go on with Bostic again.

IMO, the Steelers are better with Vince and Bush at ILB. Then on dime, bring in another safety to play next to Bush.
    I could get behind that idea. Kelly might actually be really good in that "dimebacker" role.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

The o-line was real bad the first half and, they can't run the ball at all. The play calling was real bad like many have mentioned really put Mason in a tough spot. Then I don't understand we have the ball back with six minutes left run Conner trice he fumbles. This is after the Passing game hit on a few plays in the second bad play calling and, they have not run the with ball worth a lick all day. I would have rather seen what Mason could have done and, if he would have threw a INT so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    The o-line was real bad the first half and, they can't run the ball at all. The play calling was real bad like many have mentioned really put Mason in a tough spot. Then I don't understand we have the ball back with six minutes left run Conner trice he fumbles. This is after the Passing game hit on a few plays in the second bad play calling and, they have not run the with ball worth a lick all day. I would have rather seen what Mason could have done and, if he would have threw a INT so be it.
    They got a first down on the first 2 runs and burned a minute off the clock. If they Run-run-pass the next 3 plays they eat another 1:30 off the clock and there is 3:30 left after the punt. If they got another first down, then Steelers could possibly take it to the 2 minute warning and punt.

I have no problem with running Conner, but IMO they should run him North-South and not East-West like the play he fumbled. Even put Samuels in there for a change to let him run and then go play action.