Thread: Joe Montana on Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers quarterback can come back from elbow surgery

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Joe Montana on Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers quarterback can come back from elbow surgery

Joe Montana has some advice for Ben Roethlisberger: Trust the rehab.

Roethlisberger, 37, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, will soon undergo elbow surgery that fuels questions of whether he’ll ever be the same strong-armed thrower.

”The technology is so advanced these days, they can probably fix it to where it’s better than before,” Montana told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday night. “I don’t know the extent of his specific injury, but as long as he rehabs it, takes a serious approach to rehab, he’ll be fine.

“He’s not a spring chicken, but if he stays with it and nothing happens that would cause a setback, he should be OK. I mean, you see so many people coming back from Tommy John surgery.”

Montana should know. His Hall of Fame career was unhinged by elbow problems in 1991, when he underwent surgery after initially attempting nonsurgical methods to heal...........

Read more @ https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ry/2383686001/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Joe Montana on Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers quarterback can come back from elbow surgery

The GOAT knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Joe Montana on Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers quarterback can come back from elbow surgery

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The GOAT knows...
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

The GOAT knows...
    Yep always will be the GOAT to me as well. I watched him and Brady's both careers and would take Joe over Tom any day. Not a knock on Brady but just thing Joe was better

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

As for Ben I wish him a great recovery and think he will be back. I just wish his fire for the game will be back and haven't seen that in many years.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If Rudolph plays well, there will be a controversy when Ben comes back.

If Rudolph pulls off the miracle of miracles and leads the Steelers back to the playoffs, Ben is done in Pittsburgh. The Steelers will take the cap hit and ship him off to Tampa or somewhere.'

If Rudolph just sucks (which there are very minimal signs of that ever being a possibility), Ben will play out 2020.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    If Rudolph plays well, there will be a controversy when Ben comes back.

If Rudolph pulls off the miracle of miracles and leads the Steelers back to the playoffs, Ben is done in Pittsburgh. The Steelers will take the cap hit and ship him off to Tampa or somewhere.'

If Rudolph just sucks (which there are very minimal signs of that ever being a possibility), Ben will play out 2020.
    I disagree, if Ben is back, he will be the starter. We will just know that we have his replacement already on the roster. I also think Mason is humble enough to sit back down and wait his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I disagree, if Ben is back, he will be the starter. We will just know that we have his replacement already on the roster. I also think Mason is humble enough to sit back down and wait his turn.
    If that's the case (especially if Mason plays good/great) then Mason is not a replacement and shouldn't have been drafted in the first place. The Steelers were better off shopping him in a trade.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Yep always will be the GOAT to me as well. I watched him and Brady's both careers and would take Joe over Tom any day. Not a knock on Brady but just thing Joe was better
    Joe played in an era where you could absolutely murder the QB and WR's, you paid for mistakes with your blood. If Brady played in those days, he wouldn't have made it to 40 I can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Nope and does not make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Joe played in an era where you could absolutely murder the QB and WR's, you paid for mistakes with your blood. If Brady played in those days, he wouldn't have made it to 40 I can tell you that.
    Total agree and regardless of the era Joe was the best I ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope and does not make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Joe and Bradshaw have 4 SB wins each and never lost a won. Brady can't say that!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    he said GOAT not GOATSE
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Talent wise though, Mahomes I have to say has his number. Seriously this guy pulls off the most head-shaking plays I've ever seen, honestly I'd have to say this dude is the Barry Sanders of Quarterbacking. I don't even give a shit about the Chiefs but I'll watch them if the game is on, since I know he's gonna do something absolutely ridiculous at some point in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Talent wise though, Mahomes I have to say has his number. Seriously this guy pulls off the most head-shaking plays I've ever seen, honestly I'd have to say this dude is the Barry Sanders of Quarterbacking. I don't even give a shit about the Chiefs but I'll watch them if the game is on, since I know he's gonna do something absolutely ridiculous at some point in the game.
    Agree and he is fun to watch and was hoping he would fall down to the Steelers in the draft. I hate fat ass Andy Reid but smart move on him getting Mahomes.

Andy Reid will ride Mahomes to death to a few more postseason gag jobs.

Mahomes is in Danger of becoming another Manning/Marino. He’s good. But so damn good you can’t stop throwing the ball, and the team will develop a crack addiction on Mahomes’ talent, at the expense of everything else. See Saquon Barkley in New York for another example.

That’s the major downside of the generational talent.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Joe Montana on Ben Roethlisberger: Steelers quarterback can come back from elbow surgery

If that's the case (especially if Mason plays good/great) then Mason is not a replacement and shouldn't have been drafted in the first place. The Steelers were better off shopping him in a trade.
    Who says they didn’t shop him?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I think Ben has plenty of fire in his heart. From the snippets I've seen on Twitter (yes, I said "snippets" ), Ben has been dealing with the elbow pain for several years and has been playing through it. There was a picture that someone posted of him at training camp this year with a support band on his arm, the kind you use with tennis elbow.

I am really anxious to see if Ben cam come back strong from this a give it one or two more seasons. It's going to be weird not see him make chicken salad out of chicken shit anymore. He has spoiled me.......big time. How many times are we going to watch Mason get sacked, and say to ourselb=ves, Ben would have gotten out of that and hit a receiver.

I see and retweet things on Twitter from my phone, but it's so much easier to post them here on the forum from a PC. If anyone has figured out a way to easily post a tweet from a cell phone, please let me know. I've done it before but it's too complicated to do all the time.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I think Ben has plenty of fire in his heart. From the snippets I've seen on Twitter (yes, I said "snippets" ), Ben has been dealing with the elbow pain for several years and has been playing through it. There was a picture that someone posted of him at training camp this year with a support band on his arm, the kind you use with tennis elbow.

I am really anxious to see if Ben cam come back strong from this a give it one or two more seasons. It's going to be weird not see him make chicken salad out of chicken shit anymore. He has spoiled me.......big time. How many times are we going to watch Mason get sacked, and say to ourselb=ves, Ben would have gotten out of that and hit a receiver.

I see and retweet things on Twitter from my phone, but it's so much easier to post them here on the forum from a PC. If anyone has figured out a way to easily post a tweet from a cell phone, please let me know. I've done it before but it's too complicated to do all the time.
    Very hard to post from the phone. Takes too much time. I have to do it from the PC also.
    Tapatalk sucks. I don't use a browser on my phone for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Very hard to post from the phone. Takes too much time. I have to do it from the PC also.
    Tapatalk sucks. I don't use a browser on my phone for this forum.
    I'm glad it's not just me! I'm either at work (sneaking peaks at my phone ) or downstairs on my couch. I retweet things with the hopes of making it upstairs to my PC to post here, but sometimes it doesn't happen. During games, I retweet stuff so I can go back and post them on the Quick Hits thread.

I do what I can.

Who says they didn’t shop him?
    Because...they didn’t?

It all depends on how Mason does in 2019. I’m ready to move on from Ben anyway, but some are not. People looking for a happy ending for this will be disappointed.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This discussion on Montana discussing Ben’s elbow has some interesting twists. 1. Bradshaw is the GOAT. He won his 4 before Montana was even in the league. Montana only tied Bradshaw. Plus Bradshaw won his while wearing a Steelers uniform. That’s the tie-breaker.

I sincerely hope Rudolph does take this team to the playoffs. Whatever that means for the Ben/Mason dynamic so be it. Ben will always be MY favorite but whatever the FO decides is best for the team. The guy that got you to 2019 or the guy that gets you to 2029. Or both.

Ben’s elbow will be fine. Unless something goes wrong the prognosis is it will be fine. Joe Montana agrees.

Because...they didn’t?

It all depends on how Mason does in 2019. I’m ready to move on from Ben anyway, but some are not. People looking for a happy ending for this will be disappointed.
    You don’t know that they didn’t. Maybe the asking price was just too high. Lol.