Thread: Good article from Dec 2017 on Fitzpatrick

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Good article from Dec 2017 on Fitzpatrick

Minkah Fitzpatrick's Best Isn't Good Enough for Minkah Fitzpatrick

The whole point of distressed jeans is, of course, that they are distressed. Minkah Fitzpatrick knows fashion. His mother and older sister both work for Burlington department stores; he styles teammates for awards ceremonies. And yet here he is—the best player on the nation’s best defense, a top 10 pick in next year’s NFL draft (should he decide to declare) and arguably the most dominant player who will take the field in next month’s College Football Playoff—straightening the purposely asymmetrical rip on his left knee as he explains that he abhors clutter.

The junior Alabama defensive back is meticulous in all aspects of his life, sometimes to the exhaustion of those around him. Fitzpatrick attributes the Tide’s crushing loss in last season’s championship game against Clemson to “people coming late to a meeting or just not wearing the right socks.” He acknowledges that he may sound insane but adds, “If you can’t do the small things right, how can you expect to do the big things?”

There are so many small things. The crucifix around Fitzpatrick’s neck is always centered. As he traveled the South to pick up individual honors this month—among others, he won the Chuck Bednarik Award, given to the nation’s best defensive player—he had the Alabama staff call ahead to make sure the hotel spas could accommodate treatments for his sore left hamstring. When he took photos with each trophy, he adjusted his hands so as not to cover the plaque’s face. He corrects his mother when she mixes up there and their in texts. He follows his siblings and two-year-old nephew around his dorm when they visit, straightening up whatever they knock over........

read more @ https://www.si.com/college-football/...de-playoff-nfl

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Good article from Dec 2017 on Fitzpatrick

Well that all sounds amazing. I like this deal more and more.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I just wonder... if Fitzpatrick hates multitasking, how will he fit on the Steelers where everyone wears multiple hats?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Sounds like an amazing young man. Looks like two future leaders M&M, Minkah & Mason, one for each side of the ball.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I just wonder... if Fitzpatrick hates multitasking, how will he fit on the Steelers where everyone wears multiple hats?
    Did it say in the article that he hates multitasking? I didn't see that anywhere.