Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paxton Lynch is now a Steeler!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Paxton Lynch is now a Steeler!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Paxton Lynch is now a Steeler!

This was the Steelers QB Depth Chart in 2017: Ben Roethlisberger, Landry Jones, Joshua Dobbs.

This is the Steelers current QB Depth Chart: Mason Rudolph, Devlin Hodges, Paxton Lynch.

Junior Member Array title="steelamazing is on a distinguished road">

I assume the steelers prefer paxton lynch over landry jones

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelamazing View Post
    I assume the steelers prefer paxton lynch over landry jones
    Jones is under contract with the XFL. Would be interesting to see if they would have signed LJ if he was a FA. But I think they prefer having a QB on the practice squad instead of the 53 at the moment.

Wonder if that is going become the new norm(two QB's) for the future.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Jones is under contract with the XFL. Would be interesting to see if they would have signed LJ if he was a FA. But I think they prefer having a QB on the practice squad instead of the 53 at the moment.

Wonder if that is going become the new norm(two QB's) for the future.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the XFL contracts have a clause in them that releases them from the contract if they get an NFL deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Based on what I've heard about him today, I'm not so sure about the exclamation point in the thread title.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

SUPERBOWL!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The guy couldn't land a back up job on any of the other 31 teams in a quarterback hungry league. If we had resigned Jones my head would have exploded in frustration.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    The guy couldn't land a back up job on any of the other 31 teams in a quarterback hungry league. If we had resigned Jones my head would have exploded in frustration.
    Neither could Lynch.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Neither could Lynch.
    So I suppose the answer would have been to sign a guy who was already on someone else's roster.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

At this point I think everyone has to acknowledge that any quarterback that wasn't currently under contract in the NFL isn't very good. I'm not excited about Lynch, but I wasn't going to be excited about anybody.

I'm fine with the team picking up Lynch, because they were picking the tastiest item they could find from the dumpster out back.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Based on what I've heard about him today, I'm not so sure about the exclamation point in the thread title.
    Yeah, I think Lynch is basically a poor mans Brock Osweiller.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

So I suppose the answer would have been to sign a guy who was already on someone else's roster.
    I’m not the one who started that dumb logic.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    At this point I think everyone has to acknowledge that any quarterback that wasn't currently under contract in the NFL isn't very good. I'm not excited about Lynch, but I wasn't going to be excited about anybody.

I'm fine with the team picking up Lynch, because they were picking the tastiest item they could find from the dumpster out back.
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but I thought we could find a HOF'er in a grocery store in Iowa?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Paxton " I can't complete a pass over 10 yards " Lynch
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Nope, teams are scouting every grocery store in Iowa nowadays. Have to branch out and start scouring South Dakota to find the next one. Anyways, onto San Fran.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

That is there because I am alone in the boat of fans actually excited to bring in Lynch. I watched him play at Memphis and have seen what a dynamic and clutch player he CAN be. Reports are he wows with physical ability but lacks drive to be the best QB he can be and maybe not smart enough to learn an NFL playbook yet. Plus he NEVER took snaps under center in college. Mayock and Charles Davis gushed over him at his pro day. The Broncos started him a few games in ‘16&’17 which ended in injury both years. I don’t know which truth will play out with him but I am excited the Steelers are giving him a shot. I think he can do well here.

He’s 6’7” mobile but not quick. The Seahawks went with Wilson and Geno so there’s a play type in Seattle that doesn’t fit Lynch’s strong points. I think he got injured in preseason too which didn’t help him. In Denver who has worked there? Following Elway, Cutler, Manning there’s a bit of a high standard most rookies just won’t meet. They have gone through a handful of possibles.

- - - Updated - - -

Paxton " I can't complete a pass over 10 yards " Lynch
    What an odd thing to say.

I’m not the one who started that dumb logic.
    It's ok, I'm just giving you shit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It's possible!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    That is there because I am alone in the boat of fans actually excited to bring in Lynch. I watched him play at Memphis and have seen what a dynamic and clutch player he CAN be. Reports are he wows with physical ability but lacks drive to be the best QB he can be and maybe not smart enough to learn an NFL playbook yet. Plus he NEVER took snaps under center in college. Mayock and Charles Davis gushed over him at his pro day. The Broncos started him a few games in ‘16&’17 which ended in injury both years. I don’t know which truth will play out with him but I am excited the Steelers are giving him a shot. I think he can do well here.

He’s 6’7” mobile but not quick. The Seahawks went with Wilson and Geno so there’s a play type in Seattle that doesn’t fit Lynch’s strong points. I think he got injured in preseason too which didn’t help him. In Denver who has worked there? Following Elway, Cutler, Manning there’s a bit of a high standard most rookies just won’t meet. They have gone through a handful of possibles.
    Chad Kelly got cut today. Steelers could sign him and then they would collect all of my recent "that guy might be good if he gets the right shot" QBs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Chad Kelly got cut today. Steelers could sign him and then they would collect all of my recent "that guy might be good if he gets the right shot" QBs!
    I think Chad Kelly is pretty much a lost soul right now. He’s got some crazy to work through.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

What is Jay Cutler up to and maybe he is bagging groceries. We should sign him too.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think Chad Kelly is pretty much a lost soul right now. He’s got some crazy to work through.
    I had no idea. What brand of foolishness is his particular jam?

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    What is Jay Cutler up to and maybe he is bagging groceries. We should sign him too.
    Is he not announcing this year? Man, he screwed up a good offer in broadcasting last year. I'd take Cutler over Lynch in a heartbeat.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

This tells me they have zero confidence is Hodges, but hey it could have been Michael Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I had no idea. What brand of foolishness is his particular jam?
    There was the time he got arrested for punching a bouncer and threatening to shoot up the place. He ran onto the field at his brother’s high school game when a scuffle broke out between the teams. And this one where he left Vonn Miller’s halloween party and went into one of the neighbor’s house and sat on the couch next to a mom and her small child. That’s some ‘Johnny Cash eating cake in the bushes’ crazy or high or both. You know about Colorado.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Neither could Lynch.
    Ahhhh...but he did..,

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

There was the time he got arrested for punching a bouncer and threatening to shoot up the place. He ran onto the field at his brother’s high school game when a scuffle broke out between the teams. And this one where he left Vonn Miller’s halloween party and went into one of the neighbor’s house and sat on the couch next to a mom and her small child. That’s some ‘Johnny Cash eating cake in the bushes’ crazy or high or both. You know about Colorado.
    Sounds like a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    This tells me they have zero confidence is Hodges, but hey it could have been Michael Vick.
    An undrafted rookie QB, I think I’d want to add someone else. They did activate him to the 53 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Ahhhh...but he did..,
    N.F.L.