Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paxton Lynch is now a Steeler!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Paxton Lynch is now a Steeler!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I haven't watch much of Lynch so won't comment on him. As for Hodges he passed my football eyeball test this preseason and think there is something there.
    Hope your right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Hope your right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too and he seems to have poise and the stage isn't to big for him. A lot of qb's don't have that from the get go but he does. Has that, this is my destiny and what I was meant to be. Best I can explain it!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    not if you watched him play in the NFL ....

averages about 6 yards per drop back ( and that is after run after the catch is figured in too )

so the guy isnt completing passes downfield he is a checkdown artist
    Try watching a game instead of just checking stats.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

not if you watched him play in the NFL ....

averages about 6 yards per drop back ( and that is after run after the catch is figured in too )

so the guy isnt completing passes downfield he is a checkdown artist
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...lights-Week-12

Here is a link to some game highlights of Lynch.

He was released in 2018 after the Broncos acquired Kevin Hogan.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Try watching a game instead of just checking stats.

I could suggest the same ...... because I have watched it was not pretty nor fun hence why he was unemployed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...lights-Week-12

Here is a link to some game highlights of Lynch.

He was released in 2018 after the Broncos acquired Kevin Hogan.

the tape speaks for itself ..1 pass over 10 yards ( 12 yards in air )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I could suggest the same ...... because I have watched it was not pretty nor fun hence why he was unemployed

- - - Updated - - -

the tape speaks for itself ..1 pass over 10 yards ( 12 yards in air )
    Just stop the ignorance. Post #31 has all the proof you need. Go. Now. Learn.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Just stop the ignorance. Post #31 has all the proof you need. Go. Now. Learn.

ohhh my god he is the greatest qb ever and fell into our laps uncontested somehow and 31 other teams didnt even realize what they was missing out on .........

child please !
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If Rudolph continues to struggle, we might find out!

ohhh my god he is the greatest qb ever and fell into our laps uncontested somehow and 31 other teams didnt even realize what they was missing out on .........

child please !
    I don't know why I am even on here right now. I'm still so frustrated over today's game I've not been myself. I didn't start this thread to argue that Lynch is this awesome God send QB we've been waiting for. I really didn't. I'm not trying to start debates and arguments over something I have zero control over either. I, notice I said here "I", am glad he got picked up off the heap and is being given a chance with the Steelers. That's all. I watched him absolutely torch defenses in college. What I was able to see of his games in Denver he played well. Nothing spectacular but he did play well. I posted links to college highlights, his pro day, and 2 Denver games he actually played NFL snaps in. If you guys just want to talk about what he didn't do that's fine too. He may crash and burn before he even makes it off the PS with the Steelers as well. And that's fine too. Doesn't interrupt my life one bit. I enjoy talking football, Steelers, prospects, ideas, and complaints with MOST of you guys/gals on here. Lynch won't change any of that other than topic maybe. I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Go Rams beat the Browns!

I don't know why I am even on here right now. I'm still so frustrated over today's game I've not been myself. I didn't start this thread to argue that Lynch is this awesome God send QB we've been waiting for. I really didn't. I'm not trying to start debates and arguments over something I have zero control over either. I, notice I said here "I", am glad he got picked up off the heap and is being given a chance with the Steelers. That's all. I watched him absolutely torch defenses in college. What I was able to see of his games in Denver he played well. Nothing spectacular but he did play well. I posted links to college highlights, his pro day, and 2 Denver games he actually played NFL snaps in. If you guys just want to talk about what he didn't do that's fine too. He may crash and burn before he even makes it off the PS with the Steelers as well. And that's fine too. Doesn't interrupt my life one bit. I enjoy talking football, Steelers, prospects, ideas, and complaints with MOST of you guys/gals on here. Lynch won't change any of that other than topic maybe. I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Go Rams beat the Browns!
    I am also a fan of picking up Lynch. I have no idea if it will pan out in any way. But when you are faced with scouring the landscape for viable NFL QBs - I support taking chance on high ceiling and low floor guys that other franchises have left out there.

It is entirely possible, maybe even likely, that the same things that led other teams to cut or pass on Lynch continue define his time with the Steelers. Maybe they get lucky and the physical talent and skill set that caused more than one NFL team to drool at the prospect of getting a chance to draft him shine through. It isn't like it has or will cost the team anything to find that out.

I am also a fan of picking up Lynch. I have no idea if it will pan out in any way. But when you are faced with scouring the landscape for viable NFL QBs - I support taking chance on high ceiling and low floor guys that other franchises have left out there.

It is entirely possible, maybe even likely, that the same things that led other teams to cut or pass on Lynch continue define his time with the Steelers. Maybe they get lucky and the physical talent and skill set that caused more than one NFL team to drool at the prospect of getting a chance to draft him shine through. It isn't like it has or will cost the team anything to find that out.
    As I started this thread with, now I get my theory tested. It will be proven this season one way or the other.

As I started this thread with, now I get my theory tested. It will be proven this season one way or the other.
    I actually wouldn't be totally shocked if they try to go into the off-season and 2020 camp with Lynch on the roster in some way. Take Ben, Rudolph, Hodges, and Lynch through the off-season and see what is what.

Long way to go and a ton of roster manipulation prior to all that. I would think that either Lynch or or Spillane (?? the ILB) is the first guy out the door when they need to sign someone else.

If Vance's shoulder or whatever lingers, might see that as early as Tuesday.

I actually wouldn't be totally shocked if they try to go into the off-season and 2020 camp with Lynch on the roster in some way. Take Ben, Rudolph, Hodges, and Lynch through the off-season and see what is what.

Long way to go and a ton of roster manipulation prior to all that. I would think that either Lynch or or Spillane (?? the ILB) is the first guy out the door when they need to sign someone else.

I don't think Lynch plays special teams. So there is that.

No news is good news. So far...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Posted 1 year ago today.