Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Steelers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

Even basing the pick off the players available...still doesn’t give an accurate barometer. It never will because none of those players will ever be in a Steelers uniform. If the Dolphins had Mahomes at QB right now, he wouldn’t be the Mahomes you see in KC...it’s all relative and you’ll never be able to get a full gauge on what would’ve been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Steelers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick

Look at it this way and Miami most likely will have the 1 pick of the draft. They will probably use their pick and take a QB and very likely the QB we may have wanted in this upcoming draft. Instead of letting that happen we screwed them first and took a heck of a player from them that filled a need for us.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don't care where they finished this season, no way in hell the Steelers are going QB. It is all in to get back to the SB before age and the cap force them to press the big "reset" button.

So, is there a better FS for 2020 and 2021 than MFF in the draft? If no, it is an excellent trade. If, yes, then it might all depend on how much better.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Parcells said the 1st round is ALWAYS about the QB. Either take a QB, someone to protect the QB, or someone to get after the QB. If Minkah is a safety that creates turnovers in the secondary and can create pass rush I think that fits right in there too. I understand he’s not going to get 2 turnovers per game but at least he will have the offense’s attention every game. Same as my hope for Bush and TJ.
    I say build the defense up, THEN go for QB. Kordell took the Steelers deep when they had a good defense / running game. They need to go the route of the 2000 Ravens IMO.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don't care where they finished this season, no way in hell the Steelers are going QB. It is all in to get back to the SB before age and the cap force them to press the big "reset" button.

So, is there a better FS for 2020 and 2021 than MFF in the draft? If no, it is an excellent trade. If, yes, then it might all depend on how much better.
    And then Colbert and Tomlin retire, coincidentally.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I say build the defense up, THEN go for QB. Kordell took the Steelers deep when they had a good defense / running game. They need to go the route of the 2000 Ravens IMO.
    But winning like that is only good for 1 super bowl IF you are lucky. Even with Kordell we never got to the big game. I would rather find the right QB and build around him than to have a Great D and a so-so QB.

That all being said I still like the trade for Fitzpatrick. Ben will be back next year if Mason isn't the answer this year.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    But winning like that is only good for 1 super bowl IF you are lucky. Even with Kordell we never got to the big game. I would rather find the right QB and build around him than to have a Great D and a so-so QB.

That all being said I still like the trade for Fitzpatrick. Ben will be back next year if Mason isn't the answer this year.
    It doesn't matter if Mason is the "answer" this year or not. The Steelers are not replacing him anytime soon.

The Steelers trading away their first round pick for 2020 tells us they're likely satisfied with their QB situation, see no QB worth taking with that top pick regardless of how they finish in 2019, and are not taking a chance on yet another defensive project player like Sean Davis, Edmunds, Dupree, or Jarvis Jones, and just skipped over the nonsense completely to get an already finished product in Fitzpatrick, who is very young and affordable on a rookie contract.

Ben comes back and takes the saddle in 2020, or Mason develops and breaks out over the course of 2019 and potentially makes Ben trade bait for Tampa Bay or Arizona. Tampa Bay has Ben's bestest buddy Bruce Arians as head coach, and may be looking for a veteran stop-gap for their next future QB after the Jameis Buston project is over, which is looking very likely this season.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

One year ago...today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    One year ago...today.
    This bump is so good. Thanks for doing this.

All this thread is about how the Steelers cant get their future franchise QB, Minkah Fitzpatrick is not a FS, he is a slot corner, etc. Basically the Steelers got Fitzpatrick and missed the opportunity to draft Jordan Love. and the Dolphins drafted an OT with that pick. Colbert is a master thief.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I was not thrilled about the trade because he had not played well in Miami at S ... he was off the charts at Nickle but we needed a Safety ... turns out it wasnt him failing to play S it was the way they wanted him to play S because he has been nothing like what he was in Miami ....

now look at what we spent vs what Seattle just spent for a quality S via trade ... either we got a hell of a bargain or Seattle got fleeced ... maybe a bit of both ??
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    This bump is so good. Thanks for doing this.

All this thread is about how the Steelers cant get their future franchise QB, Minkah Fitzpatrick is not a FS, he is a slot corner, etc. Basically the Steelers got Fitzpatrick and missed the opportunity to draft Jordan Love. and the Dolphins drafted an OT with that pick. Colbert is a master thief.

The doom and gloom was rampant!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa