Thread: How has Pitt football fared against the Big 10 conference?

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

How has Pitt football fared against the Big 10 conference?

Now that the Penn State-Pitt football series has come to a close, Pitt fans will continue to no doubt knock the Big 10 Conference as they always have, which leads the question: How has Pitt football fared against the Big 10 Conference?

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.com...10-conference/

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: How has Pitt football fared against the Big 10 conference?

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaysarebetter View Post
    Now that the Penn State-Pitt football series has come to a close, Pitt fans will continue to no doubt knock the Big 10 Conference as they always have, which leads the question: How has Pitt football fared against the Big 10 Conference?

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.com...10-conference/

Look, it's why fans are fans. They tell you what they want and what they would do, but if they played in the Big 10 it would be ugly.

I'm a Penn St fan, but I don't think there is any question that Pitt wouldn't fare well in the Big 10.

They are not equipped to play teams on that level. If Pitt had to play Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Iowa, Nebraska on a regular basis....they would be a bottom tier team in that conference no matter which division they played in. Fans can be delusional. This is one of those times.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pitt may be able to hold their own against the likes of Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers, Minnesota, Northwestern but I suspect even against those teams, they wind up with a losing record...maybe they pull off the occasional 2007 Appalachian State upset of Michigan but that’s going to be few and very far between. They would no doubt be a bottom dweller year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I find it hilarious when I read and hear college conference elitism. Football is football is football. Conference MONEY is the ONLY thing that separates the conferences and denies any real parity across college football. Pitt would have every bit as much opportunity to build a national championship challenging team as any other school in the Big10. If they don’t succeed it will be for the same reasons they don’t have one in their current conference, not because they ‘moved up to the next level’. Living in the south most of my life I have watched the SEC and Big12 keep their pecking order in line to maximize profit. College football is a bigger business than the NFL ever dreamed. Why else would ANY conference immediately become ‘legitimate’ if Notre Dame joined? ND joins the Sunbelt Conference, welcome to the Power6. Money.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Anyone looking forward to 11/23? I know I am. Penn State is a good team. This should be a very good game!