View Poll Results: How do you wish the Steelers season will end?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steelers make the playoffs but early round exit resulting in a low round draft pick

10 58.82%
  • 8-8 season with midround draft pick/can't get the guy they want

0 0%
  • We totally stink and get a high round draft pick and a stud QB

7 41.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: How do wish the Steelers season will end?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Poll: How do wish the Steelers season will end?

In other words, do you hope to stay competitive as if Ben were still their but get a low draft pick or hope at least we can get a stud at the end of a tortuous season?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Poll: How do wish the Steelers season will end?

14-2

How do I think it'll end? 7-9 to 9-7 and missing the playoffs

We're officially in rebuild mode. Question is does Rooney have faith in Tomlin and the current coaching staff to rebuild the roster? Tomlin is the type of guy that will work if you have a team of established veterans, but younger teams probably benefit more from an x's and o's type of coach.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

with Tomlin and Butler both fired, that's how.

Other than somehow winning the Super Bowl by some miracle, I could barely care less about how the rest turns out. I do hope Rudolph is a legitimate starting QB so we don't have to go on a wild goose chase.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    with Tomlin and Butler both fired, that's how.

Other than somehow winning the Super Bowl by some miracle, I could barely care less about how the rest turns out. I do hope Rudolph is a legitimate starting QB so we don't have to go on a wild goose chase.
    So you are going to hijack yet another thread with this crap?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Why isn’t winning the Super Bowl an option?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Best case - 10-6...with playoff berth. Players gonna play harder and coaches are going to have to actually do some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    A low round pick is a low round pick. The point of the poll...is the draft pick..........we always seem to be stuck in the middle or the end and can't get the stud players. Now for the first time, there's a real chance to get a high one without trading away the farm.

Do you want to do well or average but get the same meh players....or hope that at least if we stink, we can get something for it.

In one hand, we are competitive even without Ben...in the other, we have an opportunity to rebuild.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

They turn this season around while Rudolph proves to be a legit starting QB.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I wish the season ends with a Super Bowl, but let’s see how the kid performs after a full practice with the 1’s, and see how the 1’s respond to help him out.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

This is easy, staying competitive is always better than tanking. It’s better for team and fan morale and it will probably mean Rudolph can play and Tomlin can really coach.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    This is easy, staying competitive is always better than tanking.
    This.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    A low round pick is a low round pick. The point of the poll...is the draft pick..........we always seem to be stuck in the middle or the end and can't get the stud players. Now for the first time, there's a real chance to get a high one without trading away the farm.

Do you want to do well or average but get the same meh players....or hope that at least if we stink, we can get something for it.

In one hand, we are competitive even without Ben...in the other, we have an opportunity to rebuild.
    My choice is always to do as well as possible. Screw the draft pick positioning.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

So you are going to hijack yet another thread with this crap?
    That or dick pics, your call.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

That or dick pics, your call.
    You're right. It is my call.

From the SU code of conduct:
    6. Please stay on topic. Hijacking threads not only takes away from the original content of the discussion but is unfair to other members who wish to address the topic at hand.

If you want to talk about coaches, start a thread and keep it there. Otherwise, stay on topic. It's not rocket science.

BTW, dick pics results in a lifetime ban. Your call.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

You play to win period! All answers going against that are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    You all have made me proud.

You're right. It is my call.

From the SU code of conduct:
    6. Please stay on topic. Hijacking threads not only takes away from the original content of the discussion but is unfair to other members who wish to address the topic at hand.

If you want to talk about coaches, start a thread and keep it there. Otherwise, stay on topic. It's not rocket science.

BTW, dick pics results in a lifetime ban. Your call.
    Well somebody sure is cranky today.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post

Tanking is for chickenshits.

Don't you forget it.

Don't you forget it.

See you Space Cowboy ...

- - - Updated - - -

Now, back to the topic...........

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Reason #1: Tom Brady
    Reason #2: Bill Belichick
    Reason #3: Patrick Mahomes
    Reason #4: Our secondary

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Hard to say as much depends on Rudolph. We have too much talent to be 5-11 or worse, but we could end up 7-9.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

A: winning the Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

This. And I think Rudolph can do it. Of course it's early and he could turn out to be not so good, but I'd say it's 50-50 whether he is a starting caliber QB.

Tomlin and Fichtner are now basically certain not to be fired, because you can't reasonably fire them even if it's 4-12 or something like that after losing the three best players on offense. At least that will be the consideration.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Best case scenario is whatever leads to Tomlin getting fired and a major overhaul in the coaching staff. As long as they have non-losing seasons, Art Rooney II will be satisfied and believe he has no reason to change anything. May have to be 2 consecutive losing seasons. I hate to admit it but short term pain may be needed for long term benefit. The Steelers will never win another Super Bowl with Tomlin, the last many years has made that crystal clear. Get rid of him and all other underperforming coaches and try again with a new head coach and new staff

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

.....better to be cranky today.....than an ass everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A: winning the Super Bowl
    It is sad that we can’t go 19-0 though.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For me, I didn't select one of the options. Now, it isn't about the final record or draft position. There was good article on Behind the Steel Curtain today. The rebuild of this team has been going on for 2-3 years now. Most of the roster is really young. What matters this season is if this coaching staff looks anywhere near the guys to take that youth and get it pointed in a useful direction.

I will be fascinated to see what the offense looks like over the next few weeks. The Steelers have not really done a bunch of the "trendy" offensive things the past few seasons. Sure they went 4-5 wide a whole bunch and passed a ton. But they didn't do much RPO, pre-snap motion, or hardly any play action. Was that from Fichtner or from Ben or from the lack of need because the offensive skill positions were loaded for bear? Maybe we start seeing some "trendy schemey" stuff. There was an article a year plus ago about how at Memphis (I think I got that right?) Fichtner did a # of the college style things that are so prevalent across the NFL right now. I wonder if we see more of it? Can the coaching staff come up with something to unlock Juju and get the other guys on track? Right now the offense looks about as fast as molasses flowing uphill in January. Speed kills. And most of the whiz-bang offenses putting up pinball numbers across the league have oodles of it. The Steelers have some, but may need to scheme their way to the rest.

As to the defense, I am not going to continue to beat a dead-horse. Quit bleeding yards and points between the hashes and in the flats.

Edit: I realized if you kinda visualize putting circles on the areas of the field teams are killing the Steelers now, it looks like a dick and balls. So basically Butler and Austin have to figure out how to quit taking the D on D.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers surrendered their 2020 First Rounder for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Sorry to all the fans who said the Steelers should tank, because it isn't happening.