Thread: Quick Hits: Blue Monday Special Edition

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quick Hits: Blue Monday Special Edition

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Quick Hits: Blue Monday Special Edition

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

The 'better than ever six months later' is the only encouraging thing I've read today.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    The 'better than ever six months later' is the only encouraging thing I've read today.
    Don't forget, Delhomme was also 5 or 6 years younger than Ben when it happened to him. Lot of difference between how your body responds when you just turned 30 and when you're pushing 40.

For perspective, even Joe Montana was younger than Ben when he had his big elbow injury; I think he was 35. I know medicine has advanced since the '90s, but that was considered a career-ender, and a miracle that he returned even 2 years later.

My point is that, while there's a best-case scenario in which everything is back to normal by the start of next season, it's far from a guarantee. In fact, this particular injury has never happened to an NFL quarterback at this age. It is uncharted territory.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

SUPERBOWL!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Don't forget, Delhomme was also 5 or 6 years younger than Ben when it happened to him. Lot of difference between how your body responds when you just turned 30 and when you're pushing 40.

For perspective, even Joe Montana was younger than Ben when he had his big elbow injury; I think he was 35. I know medicine has advanced since the '90s, but that was considered a career-ender, and a miracle that he returned even 2 years later.

My point is that, while there's a best-case scenario in which everything is back to normal by the start of next season, it's far from a guarantee. In fact, this particular injury has never happened to an NFL quarterback at this age. It is uncharted territory.

Yeah, it would be great if that happens, but I think you are correct. At Ben's age, I just don't know that anything can heal that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Yeah, it would be great if that happens, but I think you are correct. At Ben's age, I just don't know that anything can heal that fast.
    He's not 60. You guys act like 38 is ancient.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    in the NFL, it is

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Some of us were athletes and know exactly what it's like to rehab an injury as you get older and the recovery times definitely get longer.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar