Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I would Do to Change Things

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: What I would Do to Change Things

Have to figure out what’s wrong with the running game. Conner made Bell irrelevant last year. This year so far he’s a non factor. If teams are stacking the line of scrimmage, we have to figure out a way to make them pay. Fitchner has to earn his paycheck. I think this young defense will feed off the success of the offense.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Have to figure out what’s wrong with the running game. Conner made Bell irrelevant last year. This year so far he’s a non factor. If teams are stacking the line of scrimmage, we have to figure out a way to make them pay. Fitchner has to earn his paycheck. I think this young defense will feed off the success of the offense.
    Well teams are rightfully not respecting our passing game right now, so until they show they can make some plays downfield it'll be more of the same

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What I would Do to Change Things

*whispers*

Mun

Chak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    .......and you would replace them with who? Names? Starting with the DLine coach. How about the conditioning coach?
    Why do people always ask that? I didn't know Tomlin before the Steelers hired him.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well teams are rightfully not respecting our passing game right now, so until they show they can make some plays downfield it'll be more of the same
    I wonder how much of a factor the loss of Daryl Drake played in the poor performance of the passing game so far..

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I wonder how much of a factor the loss of Daryl Drake played in the poor performance of the passing game so far..
    Good question.

The offense has lost some key assistant coaches:

Drake
    Munchak
    Mann
    Saxon

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Why do people always ask that? I didn't know Tomlin before the Steelers hired him.

Thank you. There’s endless talent out there that people have never heard of. You have to find it through word of mouth, the interview process and just doing the due diligence. People are clearly finding it...

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Good question.

The offense has lost some key assistant coaches:

Drake
    Munchak
    Mann
    Saxon
    You could easily argue that those were the four best coaches on the team...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

So they can pretend to be smart without actually having anything to say.

Basically the entire point of a lazy rhetorical argument is that the person wants a higher standard of proof than they themselves could ever provide - which is also their way of saying they won't be listening even if you attempt to engage them on that level; they will dismiss any suggestions as wishful thinking, not they they have any better ones.

"In order to prove that I know the most, I will simply shut down all debate. Letting you in advance that I will ignore you! I am right because shut up shut up shut UP!!!"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    So they can pretend to be smart without actually having anything to say.

Basically the entire point of a lazy rhetorical argument is that the person wants a higher standard of proof than they themselves could ever provide - which is also their way of saying they won't be listening even if you attempt to engage them on that level; they will dismiss any suggestions as wishful thinking, not they they have any better ones.

"In order to prove that I know the most, I will simply shut down all debate. Letting you in advance that I will ignore you! I am right because shut up shut up shut UP!!!"
    I don't think that is fair either. Many of the "Fire Everyone" chorus have been asked point blank what type, characteristics, schemes, priorities, etc they would like to see in a new coach or coaching staff and all they can say is "different".

For me, at least be able to envision what it looks like. Sure we aren't going to come up with names or whatever, but we can easily come up with what we would want a new staff to prioritize running and how they could shape the roster. It's pretty easy. look across the NFL and NCAA landscape and cherry pick what you like.

Of course none of that matters, because if Ben has surgery, it buys everyone on offense another year.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Just full of quality contributions, aren’t you?
    Settle down. Not everyone is content with subpar football. You must be on top of the world right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they have a blind love for Tomlin.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Settle down. Not everyone is content with subpar football. You must be on top of the world right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they have a blind love for Tomlin.
    Never said I was content. Just tired of non-contributing, sarcastic, Bitchers......does that about cover it?

We got essentially a rookie QB as our starter. Do whatever you have to do to bolster the defense to help him out: work on communication, sign Fitzpatrick/Ramsey, whatever. Keep the team competitive.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

We got essentially a rookie QB as our starter. Do whatever you have to do to bolster the defense to help him out: work on communication, sign Fitzpatrick/Ramsey, whatever. Keep the team competitive.
    Yup. This thread totally changes with a new starting quarterback.