Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mason Rudolph

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mason Rudolph

If tonight didn't show that Rudolph is a secondhand clone of Tom Brady, then I don't know what to tell you. Very boring but efficient. He's no renegade gunslinger. At all.

Dink and dunks and checkdowns right down the field all night, with the occasional deep shot that works.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He's making progress. I really like him.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    If tonight didn't show that Rudolph is a secondhand clone of Tom Brady, then I don't know what to tell you. Very boring but efficient. He's no gunslinger. At all.

Dink and dunks and checkdowns right down the field all night, with the occasional deep shot that works.
    Agreed and the QB I thought he mimic and his style and also a pretty boy. Chics going to bandwagon fans cause of Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Just left his postgame press conference on steelers.com...impressive kid, lots of poise.

He was given the role of a game manager tonight. Didn't have to go out and win it. Just had to play his part. The thing is, he did. And, he played it well without any mistakes.

Was it anything truly special? Nope. Well, he had a nice decent throw downfield. A little out of sync as the WR had to go up to get it. But I've seen Ben throw worse several times in the last few years. Only one bad pass I saw tonight was the hospital pass to the RB on a checkdown. Good thing it wasn't caught.

But he was efficient, seemed to have settled in to the position a bit more, and he did make a couple of plays happen. Good for him. At this point in his development, a good game manager is all we should reasonable hope for. At least tonight he was that. Hope we get that next week as well.

(And no, I'm not saying that is what he'll be his entire career. I'm saying that's what he is now because that's the role being created for him by Fichtner. And, it worked this game. Of course, they did start sending the RBs up a few yards so the DBs had to at least climb out of the box. Good adjustment from one game to the next on that).

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Tomlin - game ball to Mason