Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Rudolph

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Mason Rudolph

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The Patriots have been doing it for a while, until they released Jimmy G (which I thought was stupid, but brady's ego might have something to do with it). If he goes down they're screwed.
    A quack "trainer" and HGH milkshakes on a daily basis help too...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    If it were Landry Jones I probably would be like f-this and not even tune in. Rudolph is at least an interesting prospect, not ready to crown him, but he looks like someone who has the 'it' factor. It's making that 3rd round pick look pretty smart now. And even the Dobbs pick, you need to keep a future starter in the wings when your QB is an aging vet.

The Patriots have been doing it for a while, until they released Jimmy G (which I thought was stupid, but brady's ego might have something to do with it). If he goes down they're screwed.

I thought only Ben had an ego and was selfish.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    A quack "trainer" and HGH milkshakes on a daily basis help too...

No...it's his diet that gives him more arm strength and mobility now that he's over 40 compared to when he came out of college.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Haley was on NFL Radio praising the hell out of Rudolph.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    No...it's his diet that gives him more arm strength and mobility now that he's over 40 compared to when he came out of college.
    I've never heard of anybody eating that much dick, so I have to admit anything is possible. We're in experimental territory here, one day he could be in all the medical books.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Where do I get my Mason Rudolph jersey? I think he will light it up. Strangely, I'm very optimistic about this season right now. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs but it's going to be nice to see the future..... and I think it's bright.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Where do I get my Mason Rudolph jersey? I think he will light it up. Strangely, I'm very optimistic about this season right now. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs but it's going to be nice to see the future..... and I think it's bright.

That is how I was feeling when Rudolph came into the game yesterday. The has the smarts & the tools and I think he will pull it together. I think he will give a shot of life into the offense. Hopefully, the defense can get something together

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

https://shop.steelers.com/pittsburgh...ca-home-jersey

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I hope you're right. It's hard not to like him.

He has a lot going for him, Now we get to see what he can do against #1's and how quickly he learns and adjusts.

Go Mason!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

To answer my own question from before Hodges is now activated from the PS

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I've never heard of anybody eating that much dick, so I have to admit anything is possible. We're in experimental territory here, one day he could be in all the medical books.

I'm sure that is a case study in progress!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Cant you just re-purpose your old Dennis Dixon jersey? Or, were you a Brian St. Pierre guy?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Cant you just re-purpose your old Dennis Dixon jersey? Or, were you a Brian St. Pierre guy?
    Did they actually make either for sale ? Couldn't see anyone buying them other then both parents.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    IMO,

Rudolph showed football IQ. I still fear his arm strength and a couple of our receivers were lit up because they had to wait for the ball to get there. But, for the most part, he makes decisions and anticipates the throw, which covered for the strength today.

I do not think he should be judged for this game as a typical NFL starter because this was his first game. So, keeping that in mind, the other thing that I noticed is something I give him a pass on today, which is that he put the ball too far out of bound to to give the receiver a chance to make a play on it a few times (had he hit those passes, I'd give him an A-). Still, better safe than sorry. And, that will come with experience.

Two of his receptions were his receivers making great plays. Washington sticks out as one of them. I think the other was JuJu (which, if he hit the passes noted above and these were more on target, I'd give him an A [no such thing as an A+]). His INT is completely Moncrief's fault. Although he had a string of receptions (eight or something in a row), most of those were very short as well, so it's not quite as great as it sounds. But, again, first NFL game and no bearing on grading him for this game.

So, all said in done, he had a solid day today. Once more, I'm not convinced on his arm strength. I am convinced, however, that he realizes the same (he's even said so as I've posted in other places) and makes up for it in other ways. Only time will tell if he continually do that.

I'd give him a B+ for today. The hospital passes and throws too far OB and his receivers helping him a little (outside of Moncrief) keep it from an A. But a B+ for a QB's first NFL game experience is much higher than I'd expect.

I agree with this post, however Rudolph is a competitor, and seems to have leadership qualities. Neither Rivers or Brady had a huge arm. Rudolph's pocket mobility and awareness seems to have improved.

Still not sure if he can beat the blitz or fire it between two defenders.

Seems to have a good feel for screens and play action. Throws a very catchable ball. Spots the open man quickly.

I don't see a franchise QB here, but he could be the next Foles, or a better version of O'Donnell. In other words, a QB, you can go far with as long as there is a good team around him. Also he's not 25-30 million on the cap, so if by chance Ben does not come back, we have a lot of money to spend and 3 more seasons before Rudolph gets paid big bucks.

We'll find out if we need to pick a QB high in 2020, or 2021 after this season.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Did they actually make either for sale ? Couldn't see anyone buying them other then both parents.
    You can get whatever jersey you want from the NFL shop. You could even get a Bin Laden jersey until some guy did that and made a big deal about it and they blocked it.

At one point I was THIS close to ordering a Patriots #12 jersey with "GOATSE" on the back, but then I'd be paying like $100 for a Patriots jersey, so that idea was only good in theory.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

You can get whatever jersey you want from the NFL shop. You could even get a Bin Laden jersey until some guy did that and made a big deal about it and they blocked it.

At one point I was THIS close to ordering a Patriots #12 jersey with "GOATSE" on the back, but then I'd be paying like $100 for a Patriots jersey, so that idea was only good in theory.
    Haha and by the way dig your Dick pics.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mason is just like Tom Brady in a way. A completely unsexy but accurate thrower. Both were drafted later than everyone else, with several guys drafted ahead of them. Mason didn't have the big time combine numbers, the measureables, or the highlight machine backing him up like Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield or Jackson. All of them went in the first round. Mason went in the third. To make matters worse, Mason came from the Big 12, a conference that is infamous for highly inflating big passing numbers for quarterbacks. To the scouts, Mason may as well be just another Big 12 quarterback who flops around in the NFL as a backup.

So Mason did the only thing he could do. Work his ass off in the offseason, and prove he can play in the NFL. Within a year, he shot up from #3 on the depth chart, effectively kicked previous veteran #2 Joshua Dobbs not only to #3, but off the roster completely, comes in cold off the bench and nearly leads the Steelers to a comeback win over a good Seattle Team, and now is about to start his first game.

Call me a foolish optimist, but that isn't exactly something you would expect from "just another backup Quarterback". Mason Rudolph may be more than what we think he is. This has the makings of something truly special.
    Last edited by Edman; 09-16-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

September 19, 2004... all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    September 19, 2004... all over again.
    Also hints of 1984 when Terry hung it up cause of Elbow issues . Ps. Bradshaw A Football Life was a good watch tonight.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers just gave up a first round draft pick for next season.

They are all-in on the Reindeer Sleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I repurposed my Bubby Brister Jersey to Ducky!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers just gave up a first round draft pick for next season.

They are all-in on the Reindeer Sleigh.
    You’re on the right track. It’s not yet quite right. Keep the nicknames coming...

Mason Rudolph

Mason is taking this group of misfit toys and winning the reindeer games...neon nose and all...right into the shiny new year!!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Not gonna lie. The fact that Rudolph posted this in his on his Instagram makes me want to see him succeed even more!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Mason is taking this group of misfit toys and winning the reindeer games...neon nose and all...right into the shiny new year!!
    How do I like this post twice???

You know how Walgreens and some TV show have that Red Nose Day? I think we should start a movement to wear the red nose on Sundays for Rudy!!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I thought if you ordered up an Osama jersey, that you would get put on some kind of watch list?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

I thought if you ordered up an Osama jersey, that you would get put on some kind of watch list?
    No more so then buying a Colin kaepernick jersey now.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    You’re on the right track. It’s not yet quite right. Keep the nicknames coming...

Mason-Dixon Rudolph

Mason Rudolph Valentino

Mason to Moncrief.....Brick layer

Free Mason Rudolph

I'm already several craft beers and a few 7 and 7's in, so......

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Mason-Dixon Rudolph

Mason Rudolph Valentino

Mason to Moncrief.....Brick layer

Free Mason Rudolph

I'm already several craft beers and a few 7 and 7's in, so......
    You forgot Mason Jarhead, Mason not Crosby and this Mason he was probably name after. Edgar Mason Rudolph was an American professional golfer who won five times on the PGA Tour.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

An upbeat article in The Ringer this morning - excerpts and link below

Mason Rudolph Is the Great QB Hope You Didn’t Know the Steelers Needed

Conventional wisdom says Pittsburgh is cooked without Ben Roethlisberger. Conventional wisdom didn’t see how bad Ben looked this season....

I actually think the Steelers are in better position to succeed with Rudolph than they were with an injured 37-year-old Roethlisberger at quarterback. For starters, Big Ben was abysmal in his limited playing time this season. On 62 passes, Roethlisberger had 35 completions for 351 yards and an interception, putting him 29th or worse in completion percentage, yards per attempt, passer rating, and QBR. The Steelers went on one touchdown drive in his three halves this season. That drive started on the 22-yard line and picked up 21 yards on Seahawks penalties.

In a thread last week on the Steelers needing to consider calling more play action passes I posted a link on the Steelers always being at the bottom of the league in play action calls - with Fichtner actually calling the plays now rather than sending in suggestions to Ben that may change

And throughout the game, Pittsburgh vastly increased its usage of play-action—a tool which basically always makes offenses more efficient, but has never been a staple of the offense with Roethlisberger. The Steelers, somehow, ran just one play out of play-action in their season-opening loss to the Patriots. Now, they realize play-action is a necessity to buy Rudolph time, and they’re running it.