Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Rudolph

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Mason Rudolph

Rudolph leads us to an unlikely win at SF next week. QB controversy will reach its tipping point then

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Your “no shit Sherlock” article of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    With an 0-2 start, youve basically got to go 10-4 just to make the playoffs.

Does this team look like it's going 10-4? Not anytime soon. I know it's just a couple of games, but unless these were especially misleading, we did not just lose them because of bad luck.

One touchdown by Ben in 6 quarters, and a short-field dink job that might as well have been a defensive TD at that. Regardless of whatever Rudolph does, it really seems like there's something off with Ben. I wonder if he didn't have some problem already, and today's injury was just what put it over the edge.
    So, to get back to an offseason discussion...do you think Ben's Super Bowl window is closing?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

Your “no shit Sherlock” article of the week...
    Are there any of those here?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So, to get back to an offseason discussion...do you think Ben's Super Bowl window is closing?
    Yes, mainly cause the defense didn't become what we needed it to be. You need a defense to win in the playoffs.

That and Ben honestly isn't a top 10 qb anymore. Anyone who believes he can carry the team to a championship is living in the past

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Ben is done leading this team to any super bowls. I really feel it is time to move on and see what we have in Rudolph. If Rudolph isn't the man for the job, then we go 6-10 or worse, putting us in a position to take our next franchise QB in the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I think Ben has lost his fire honestly. It seems like he is just going through the motions right now. Rudolph has that fire. I don’t know if it is going to change anything, but that seems to be the difference between them right now. We all know Ben is a baller, he can make the throws and extend the plays, but as we saw today Rudolph can move the ball also. I am not saying replace Ben, but I am saying Rudolph looks like he can play.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If the last two weeks are anything but an aberration, then yes. He'd be lucky to win a football game at all like that. I really think something's wrong with him that nobody was letting on. I don't know how else to explain it.

In any case, this team does not appear to be a championship-caliber team with or without Ben in elite form. Too many problems on both sides of the ball. The defense is shaky *at best* and the offense is just ok. Maybe that'll get you a wild card some years if you're lucky.

I realize we have almost 90% of the season to go and there isnanlot to find out about this team, but man. It does not look like we are on the right track from last year, and last year we were not on the right track from the year before.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I think the better question is that outside of optimism, why are people still holding onto the idea that the Steelers still have a Super Bowl window in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I think the better question is that outside of optimism, why are people still holding onto the idea that the Steelers still have a Super Bowl window in the first place.
    Because when you have a good QB, you have a SB window generally

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I think Ben has lost his fire honestly. It seems like he is just going through the motions right now. Rudolph has that fire. I don’t know if it is going to change anything, but that seems to be the difference between them right now. We all know Ben is a baller, he can make the throws and extend the plays, but as we saw today Rudolph can move the ball also. I am not saying replace Ben, but I am saying Rudolph looks like he can play.
    Maybe seeing what Rudolph did will light a fire under his ass.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My bright spot of the day, NFL prime time is back!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    True. I still think by the time the Steelers have a new set of coordinators, Ben will be too old and his skills will diminish further. This is starting to remind me of the 1980's Steelers and its time to reload.

That being said, there is something I like about Rudolph that I didn't like about Stoudt, Malone, Brister, etc.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Are there any of those here?

SteelersDepot always comes up with some real winners!

If the last two weeks are anything but an aberration, then yes. He'd be lucky to win a football game at all like that. I really think something's wrong with him that nobody was letting on. I don't know how else to explain it.

In any case, this team does not appear to be a championship-caliber team with or without Ben in elite form. Too many problems on both sides of the ball. The defense is shaky *at best* and the offense is just ok. Maybe that'll get you a wild card some years if you're lucky.

I realize we have almost 90% of the season to go and there isnanlot to find out about this team, but man. It does not look like we are on the right track from last year, and last year we were not on the right track from the year before.
    Defense is shaky and the offense is non-existent. As it looks now...JuJu is far from a #1 WR...

Look...if these guys couldn’t get open against the slop that Seattle rolled out there in the defensive backfield, they’re not getting open anywhere but against Miami...maybe...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Defense is shaky and the offense is non-existent. As it looks now...JuJu is far from a #1 WR...

Look...if these guys couldn’t get open against the slop that Seattle rolled out there in the defensive backfield, they’re not getting open anywhere but against Miami...maybe...
    This. Juju looked like a stud when Brown was pulling 2-3 guys from coverage every game (and still got open). Now those 2-3 guys are covering him and we have NO one else that scares anyone. But at least going 5-11 this year will allow us to draft in the top 10 for a WR.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Like him or not, Mason is the man of the year now.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Mason seems like a great young man and capable of being a great leader, and maybe even a great QB. HOFer? Let's hope.

As the Pens say....#buckleupbaby

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Let's hope the Rudolph to Washington connection carries over from Oklahoma St.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

And I believe the vets will rally and help him....unlike when Ben took over.

We'll see what kind of coach Tomlin really is is he can pull off a playoff berth now. I look forward to the Rudolph->Washington connection.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    And I believe the vets will rally and help him....unlike when Ben took over.

We'll see what kind of coach Tomlin really is is he can pull off a playoff berth now. I look forward to the Rudolph->Washington connection.
    tomlin and Butler. Defense has to really step it up now to give the young QB a Chance.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Man a lot of guys throwing dirt on Ben there was more problems with this team than Ben! The defense main the secondary can't cover anyone two weeks both Brady/Wilson carved them up. Maybe I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    One thing I noticed about Mason is this guy's a natural leader. I think he may be one of those types of players that his teammates will want to give that extra 110% for. We'll find out soon enough, and it will be a trial by fire. SF is no joke and we historically play terrible on the west coast. I'll be a real believer if he can at least make that game competitive. Still expecting an L though, I don't expect our defense to stop Jimmy G.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well I'll tell you what, this sure beats the shit out of heading into Week 3 with Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs, which is where we'd be if we hadn't finally made a move for a real QB.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well I'll tell you what, this sure beats the shit out of heading into Week 3 with Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs, which is where we'd be if we hadn't finally made a move for a real QB.
    If it were Landry Jones I probably would be like f-this and not even tune in. Rudolph is at least an interesting prospect, not ready to crown him, but he looks like someone who has the 'it' factor. It's making that 3rd round pick look pretty smart now. And even the Dobbs pick, you need to keep a future starter in the wings when your QB is an aging vet.

The Patriots have been doing it for a while, until they released Jimmy G (which I thought was stupid, but brady's ego might have something to do with it). If he goes down they're screwed.

So is Hodges on the PS still, or have we promoted him already?