Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut Moncrief already

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Cut Moncrief already

How many times this guy gotta drop the ball? This guy had more chances than Sweed and blew it every time

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Cut Moncrief already

Fuck Moncrief, also fuck the coaches that put him back in there.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

5 drops gtfo

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

That's why you never put your trust in a Frenchman, they fold when the going gets tough

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Cut him and bring rogers back

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Cut him and bring rogers back
    Rogers isn’t gonna change anything...there’s a reason he’s still sitting on the free agent pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rogers isn’t gonna change anything...there’s a reason he’s still sitting on the free agent pile.
    Maybe not but he would have caught every ball Moncrief dropped since being a steeler.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Maybe not but he would have caught every ball Moncrief dropped since being a steeler.
    That's a lot of balls.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

he doesn't deserve a paycheck. cut his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    That's a lot of balls.
    and Moncrief doesn't have any.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

stone hands moncreif. gotta go. Eli rodgers come on back!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

and Moncrief doesn't have any.
    Haha nope. I agree bring Rogers back unless there is better out there and probably not at this point.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I know this will be super unpopular, but I would cut Switzer to bring Rodgers back before I cut Moncrief. I full agree that Moncrief looks Limas Sweed levels of terrible. However, he has a track record of making plays in the NFL. Particular down the field. Something that almost no one else on the roster can claim to have.

In contrast, Switzer is targeted around 2 yards behind or ahead of the LOS and has the lowest YAC in the NFL the last two seasons. He is exceedingly average at returns. He provides NOTHING other than a pugnacious little SOB for fans to root for.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rogers could catch passes.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

They could sign anyone off the street and that guy couldn't possibly do worse than Moncrief.

It's like when we had Antwon Blake. When he left we improved just by him not being on the team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    They could sign anyone off the street and that guy couldn't possibly do worse than Moncrief.

It's like when we had Antwon Blake. When he left we improved just by him not being on the team anymore.
    Agreed and can only give him so many chances. He hurts the team being on the field.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I know this will be super unpopular, but I would cut Switzer to bring Rodgers back before I cut Moncrief. I full agree that Moncrief looks Limas Sweed levels of terrible. However, he has a track record of making plays in the NFL. Particular down the field. Something that almost no one else on the roster can claim to have.

In contrast, Switzer is targeted around 2 yards behind or ahead of the LOS and has the lowest YAC in the NFL the last two seasons. He is exceedingly average at returns. He provides NOTHING other than a pugnacious little SOB for fans to root for.
    I say cut both.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

^ lmao

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Ben liked him in preseason, so he got a couple games. I think if Ben turns on him, then we will see Moncrief released or inactive on gameday. All this talk in the preseason of "wait until he has a real QB to throw to him" isnt showing any better than when his QB was Blake Bortles, so far.

Washington bailed out his QB on a pass that was thrown behind him, Johnson made a circus catch when he slipped to the ground, but Moncrief could not make the simple catch. smh

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

He has his new gloves on.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Ben liked him in preseason, so he got a couple games. I think if Ben turns on him, then we will see Moncrief released or inactive on gameday. All this talk in the preseason of "wait until he has a real QB to throw to him" isnt showing any better than when his QB was Blake Bortles, so far.

Washington bailed out his QB on a pass that was thrown behind him, Johnson made a circus catch when he slipped to the ground, but Moncrief could not make the simple catch. smh
    Moncrief is good at football in shorts, but is soft as hell in live fire

He can't take the field again and had his chances. Dude is worthless.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

All really good points.

I was in the Moncrief will be pretty good in Pittsburgh crowd. He was a useful player in Indy with Luck throwing him the ball. Like not a guy you build an offense around or anything - but a legitimate #2/3 wideout.

All really good points.

I was in the Moncrief will be pretty good in Pittsburgh crowd. He was a useful player in Indy with Luck throwing him the ball. Like not a guy you build an offense around or anything - but a legitimate #2/3 wideout.
    Most of us was but he is a liability being on the field now. he should be embarrassed being a wr and not being able to catch. Have not seen a wr this pathetic in a long time.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

All really good points.

I don't think he has proven himself in his career to be a #2 WR in the league, so I didn't think he should be that with the Steelers. Good veteran depth I thought, but not sure if its the injury, his confidence or what. Cant drop easy passes like that as a pro.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

At this point, it doesn't matter what Ben thinks. Ben might be on the rack for quite a while, and after Moncrief caused that pick, he never saw the field again. He's officially in Tomlin's doghouse. He may never see another pass thrown his way again ... which - holy shit! ... is a Tomlin decision I actually agree with.

I don't think he has proven himself in his career to be a #2 WR in the league, so I didn't think he should be that with the Steelers. Good veteran depth I thought, but not sure if its the injury, his confidence or what. Cant drop easy passes like that as a pro.
    Also good points. Whatever positives there were to Monfrief's game, they seem to have evaporated. This is the worst WR corps in football right now.

Junior Member Array title="Steelervinny is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steelervinny's Avatar

I couldn't agree with this more. Cut him and toss the ball to Washington.
    I may live in California, but I bleed Pittsburgh Black and Gold!!!

Pretty sure Washington is a shoe in for #2 now. He's gonna get targets, him and Mason have chemistry