Thread: Steelers Reprted to be one of several teams interested in Minkah Fitzpatrick

Member Array title="Blue Marvel is an unknown quantity at this point">

Steelers Reprted to be one of several teams interested in Minkah Fitzpatrick

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers Reprted to be one of several teams interested in Minkah Fitzpatrick

This would be a really good trade, in my opinion.

I would clear the roster spot by letting Dangerfield go. Downcycle Kam Kelly to the ST's and back-up strong safety (he looked far better playing closer to the LOS than deep).

Then Minkah plays in 3 safety packages and pushes Hilton and Sutton for other sub-package snaps. In 2020, he takes over either at FS or slot CB depending on the contract status of Hilton/Sutton/Davis.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers Reprted to be one of several teams interested in Minkah Fitzpatrick

I would do a 2 & 4 for Minkah and a 3 in an instant. I’d have him on a plane and in a jersey on Sunday...I’d throw in any bench player the Dolphins want as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'll believe it when I see it. Would be surprised to see Miami move him for a 2nd and another middle round draft pick. But if the Steelers could get him for that price....Do it!!

They didn't move Tunsil for cheap, won't for Fitzpatrick who they drafted 11th overall just last season.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 09-13-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

well this move can help us right now in a position of need. get it done

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Not gonna happen Miami is gonna wan't more then the Steelers have to offer. That said would welcome him in a Ny min.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We gotta make this move cause we sure can't draft secondary players worth a damn, might as well trade for them

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    We gotta make this move cause we sure can't draft secondary players worth a damn, might as well trade for them
    That's my thinking as well. Think outside the "Steeler or Rooney" Way once in a while.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Philadelphia will wind up getting him for a third round pick in 2031. They’re always falling into stupid good trades.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sorry but I don't trust this team to trade for a good player, especially defensive backs. IF you look at this team's track record in trading for and signing players the last few years (particularly defensive backs), it's been piss poor itself. Rather leave the 2nd round pick in place

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Heck throw them a 1 to get it done and probably better then anything we will draft with it. Also the way we looked Sunday the Dolphins will think it will be a high 1 and jump at it.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm reading he only wants to play the Nickel role. The Dolphins are trying to play him everywhere but on the line. If he is willing to play Nickel, Slot, and/or Boundary I say make an offer.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He would be our best safety. IMO, I'd trade our 1st and 4th for Fitzpatrick, in exchange for Miami's 2nd round pick.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I would trade our 3rd and the 5th we got from Jacksonville in the Dobbs trade. Throw in Chick for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Sorry but I don't trust this team to trade for a good player, especially defensive backs. IF you look at this team's track record in trading for and signing players the last few years (particularly defensive backs), it's been piss poor itself. Rather leave the 2nd round pick in place
    Is there anything positive about the Steelers? Oh, and I don't know, I think Vance McDonald and a Fifth Round pick for a fourth round pick was a pretty good trade. Ryan Switzer and a sixth round draft pick for a fifth round pick from Oakland was a good trade. Going back to 2013, I'd say the worse trade we made for a player was a 5th round conditional draft pick for Brandon Boykin. The rest have been seventh round trades or sixth round trades for players that stuck around for a couple of years, which is often more than a sixth or seventh round pick sticks around.

Not sure where you're coming up with this team's track record being piss poor for trading for players. Perhaps, you're confusing that with this team not wanting to drop a lot of capital into trades and therefore not picking up impact players. That's a very big difference.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

seen where they were wanting a 2nd ....

I would offer a 3rd and Hilton so they replace the roster spot with an NFL caliber player who can do some of the things they used Fitz for and is also cheap ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Wonder what makes them think the Steelers would be favored. To me, this has Eagles written all over it...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I would offer a 3rd and Hilton so they replace the roster spot with an NFL caliber player who can do some of the things they used Fitz for and is also cheap ...
    I’d think that’d at least get them talking.

Been seeing some stuff talking about how Fitz might kinda not be good.

I’m guessing that’s a bit overblown?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wonder what makes them think the Steelers would be favored. To me, this has Eagles written all over it...
    That and they have been trade partners in the past fairly recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Offering decent players is stupid. Offer them the 2 they want and be done with it.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I’d think that’d at least get them talking.

Been seeing some stuff talking about how Fitz might kinda not be good.

I’m guessing that’s a bit overblown?
    best slot corner in the league in 2018 ....

he sucked wk 1 but he was not being played where he has excelled at either , so I think that has something to do with it and he hates where he is so motivation may be a factor as well ...

you just do not go from excellent to suck just like that unless your name is Boswell

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

best slot corner in the league in 2018 ....

he sucked wk 1 but he was not being played where he has excelled at either , so I think that has something to do with it and he hates where he is so motivation may be a factor as well ...

you just do not go from excellent to suck just like that unless your name is Boswell
    Getting down to brass tacks, he may may be a great NB/slot corner... but, we are pretty strong there. We need safety help.

Q: Does Minkah suck at FS? Really. He was drafted very high, but I haven’t heard much about his play.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If he can play as a safety in a regular defensive alignment, by all means I'd give up a 2 for that, in a millisecond. In a half-millisecond. We've used four R1's and R2's on defensive backs recently, and we ended up with four guys who look great running drills in practice but can't tackle or cover anyone for shit. (Or never even made it on the field for a real game). So if we can let someone else do the heavy lifting for us, it sure beats whatever the hell we've been doing.

If he's just a third corner / nickel player, fuck it. That's not what you use premium picks for.

I do not follow the Dolphins at all, so I honestly have no idea which one of these is closer to the truth.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Getting down to brass tacks, he may may be a great NB/slot corner... but, we are pretty strong there. We need safety help.

Q: Does Minkah suck at FS? Really. He was drafted very high, but I haven’t heard much about his play.
    to be honest I haven't seen enough of him ( since he entered the league ) to say ..

I believed he was going to be a REALLY good Safety based on his college tape , that said most of what I have read says he has not lived up to the hype as a Safety but as a slot corner he has been lights out ...

you want to beat Tom Brady in January you BETTER have a top notch slot corner to move with Edelman or chances are your just not gonna get it done ...

would I spend more than a 3 and the player I believe he is replacing ( Hilton ) ... NOPE

at this point with Ben going down and starting 0-2 I am not sure I make any move for anyone at any cost ...