Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1624

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

A week later and this idea doesn't strike me as being so bad. 1st, AB is better than Evans or Godwin once he gets his 'football legs' back. 2nd, Gronk has started making plays again and looks like he's getting his 'football legs' back. Brady with AB and Gronk, a pretty good run game, and a very good defense. Then top it all off with Evans and Godwin are the filler WRs? Buccs could be very scary good very soon.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Honestly, screw this guy. Taking football out of it, Antonio Brown is a terrible human being. I have little interest in seeing this jerk-off get a second or third chance. Honestly, that takes a lot. I am usually all for guys getting almost infinite chances.

But this guy just seems like an unrepentant repeat offender. I hope this fails and he has to figure out how to live in the real world where actions have consequences.

Also, screw Bruce Arians. He talked all tough about AB when he didn't think he needed him. Then he get all anxious that his entire WR corps was breaking down due to injury. And suddenly he has all this desire to give AB another chance.

I've repeatedly said that I really don't care if athletes are role models or not and typically this stuff doesn't bother me. But this one really ticks me off.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Honestly, screw this guy. Taking football out of it, Antonio Brown is a terrible human being. I have little interest in seeing this jerk-off get a second or third chance. Honestly, that takes a lot. I am usually all for guys getting almost infinite chances.

But this guy just seems like an unrepentant repeat offender. I hope this fails and he has to figure out how to live in the real world where actions have consequences.

Also, screw Bruce Arians. He talked all tough about AB when he didn't think he needed him. Then he get all anxious that his entire WR corps was breaking down due to injury. And suddenly he has all this desire to give AB another chance.

I've repeatedly said that I really don't care if athletes are role models or not and typically this stuff doesn't bother me. But this one really ticks me off.
    I have more angst towards Arians than Brown, for just the reason you stated. Never liked BA.....liked AB for a little while.....see what I did there?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm with you on this one. Brown was willing to do anything to screw over the team. He tried to get the entire world to turn on Big Ben because of lies that AB said or posted on social media. He actually tried to destroy another players football life and reputation so he could save himself from the world knowing he was a piece of shit.

I wish him nothing but the shittiest of lives from here out. He treats other people like shit. He doesn't support his children. He is just a bad dude.

F him.

I hope he has to sell everything he owns and has to take the worst possible job to survive in the world like everyone else. That would be poetic justice for that arrogant, selfish prick.

I'm like you. I believe in second chances for people, but AB has had way too many chances already.

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Isn't this his 4th chance?

Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    Isn't this his 4th chance?
    Yes but at the same time,it was all in the same year.Brown has been quieter on social media in the last few months, so we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying he deserves another chance too but that's what it is.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Zero guaranteed money. If he shuts up and performs he gets paid. If he steps out of line, gone, no money. I can live with that kind of chance.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Zero guaranteed money. If he shuts up and performs he gets paid. If he steps out of line, gone, no money. I can live with that kind of chance.
    And I can totally see what you are saying. Maybe I just know too much of the specifics about this one guy or whatever. But screw him. He shouldn't get another chance. Again, not saying I am the right here or anything definitive. Just my guy tells me that Arians is being more than a bit two faced on this issue and him and Brady would sign Jack the Ripper if they thought he could make tough yards over the middle.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I can't wait for the first time Brady & AB are not on the same page we know Brady will yell at him. LOL I hope the drama will get them.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't. I mean if he was playing for anybody else except Brady I'd agree

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

And I can totally see what you are saying. Maybe I just know too much of the specifics about this one guy or whatever.
    Well, you probably know more than I do. I'd paid attention while he was here beyond that I didn't care.

Arians is being more than a bit two faced on this issue and him and Brady would sign Jack the Ripper if they thought he could make tough yards over the middle.
    I realized that football coaches were two faced by junior high. This is exactly the kind of thing they do. It goes with the territory.

A wishy-washy friend': Ryan Shazier opens up about Antonio Brown's antics

After retiring from the Steelers and from football in September, Ryan Shazier announced that he’d be transitioning to the media, appearing on a weekly NFL show on The Ringer Podcast Network.

Shazier’s experiences in Pittsburgh came in handy Thursday when the topic of Antonio Brown reuniting with Tom Brady with the Buccaneers came up. Credit Shazier for sharing a peek behind the curtain at what life was like as one of Brown’s teammates with the Steelers, and the two-time Pro Bowl inside linebacker believes Brown will make a “huge impact” for Tampa Bay — “positive or negative, he’s going to impact.”

“The biggest thing for me on Antonio is he’s all for attention,” Shazier told co-host Cole Wright. “He’s super about attention, man — on the field, off the field.”

Naturally, Shazier went into some chatter about Brown’s infamous entourage, including his personal chef — or perhaps chefs, plural — before giving his own personal examples of Brown being bad for a locker room.

read more

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202011060204

Looks like AB is what TB has been missing.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The AB Effect is already in all its glory.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Yep Brady couldn't find a better friend.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

You can say what you want about Arians. But we all know this was all Tom Brady being responsible for the AB signing. Since the Brady signing Arians is just a puppet.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. This guy just has endless amounts of stories and “gifts”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

seriously man, this guy isn't right in the head or something

Where is Goodell?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol. This guy just has endless amounts of stories and “gifts”.
    Did everyone read that completely......when did he ever want to be a good teammate?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

All expectations... lol. What are those, sleepovers at Tommy’s?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I can’t imagine that the WR room is more comfortable with Brown sitting in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Brown will surely behave badly in the next couple day just in order to be released and sign with the chiefs afterwards ....