Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Really though, life in prison for denting a truck and punching someone does seem excessive.
    That made no sense but neither does his lawyers. If AB doesn't have mental health issues, he really has big problems. His lawyers sound like a tv reality show somehow captured AB and made him misunderstood and misinterpreted, and if that wasn't enough his former agent and mother to his children are the real culprits. Dirt bags hang out together. Hell just look at Washington, politicians that are all lawyers and look at the shit show that goes on there daily. There is nothing honorable about being a politician these day and there is something very wrong when all of them worked as lawyers beforehand. But that is another topic
    Last edited by Shoes; 01-24-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    This is why many people look at lawyers as dirtbags equal to AB.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-overcharged/
    Ha ha, yeah sure:

“I don’t think there’s any mental health issues with him,” Schwartzreich said................................ He is misinterpreted and misunderstood. ........................

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Good summary from SI.com

Legal Fallout From Antonio Brown's Burglary With Battery Charges

Brown’s possible defenses

He never entered the truck. If he didn’t enter it, burglary didn’t happen....

Brown lacked any intent to commit an “offense therein.” Maybe Brown entered the truck but he didn’t intend to break the law while in it. He believed that had fully paid for the transport—as noted above, a since-fired assistant apparently didn’t warn him about the $4,000 balance—and thus lacked the intent to commit a crime....

Brown might argue he gained the right to entry, or gained the implicit consent of the driver, after making payment...

The truck driver has grossly exaggerated what happened.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/01/24/an...al-explanation

Basically derivatives of the "that's not my tiger" defense

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Does anyone know what his mailing address is? I'd like to send him a bag of phallus.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    This is why many people look at lawyers as dirtbags equal to AB.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-overcharged/
    Many people also view doctors and dentists as dirtbags.
    No profession is immune to amoral people who are only interested in chasing the big bucks.
    Lawyers do seem to take the brunt of it.
    But as a friend of mine once said, “when you’re in serious legal trouble and you’re looking for the best representation, be willing to value legal skills over character.”

”We’re all a part of the same hypocrisy.”

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    But as a friend of mine once said, “when you’re in serious legal trouble and you’re looking for the best representation, be willing to value legal skills over character.”

”We’re all a part of the same hypocrisy.”
    Legal skills and character are complementary. Juries may not know it at the start of a trial, although it is surprising how quickly a group can collectively figure out who is not trustworthy and act accordingly.

But judges and opposing counsel know which attorneys are of low character. If you retain one of those individuals to represent you, their reputation is going to impact how opposing counsel and the judge regard any arguments or settlement proposals presented on your behalf.

Or, as a savvy older attorney told me in describing someone we were dealing with, the assumption is “I wouldn’t trust him with a burnt match.”

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

This jackass has learned nothing from all this. Absolutely nothing. Just watch and listen to him. Nice new ankle jewelry he has there.

He's a whole lotta dummy, whole lotta dummy... He's a whole lotta dummy, whole lotta dummy.

AB's stylin' in his anti-suicide outfit...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    This jackass has learned nothing from all this.
    Well yeah, not yet. He hasn't gotten his mental health evaluation yet.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

This jackass has learned nothing from all this. Absolutely nothing. Just watch and listen to him. Nice new ankle jewelry he has there.

He's a whole lotta dummy, whole lotta dummy... He's a whole lotta dummy, whole lotta dummy.

AB's stylin' in his anti-suicide outfit...

Antonio your running the wrong way .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Legal skills and character are complementary. Juries may not know it at the start of a trial, although it is surprising how quickly a group can collectively figure out who is not trustworthy and act accordingly.

Like in the OJ trial?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I'm waiting for the book titled, "If I did it - the Business is Boomin version"

btw: I always thought the OJ book was punctuated like this: “If. I did it!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Basically derivatives of the "that's not my tiger" defense

The best show on TV right now.

I can’t wait until Feb 23!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He didn't run the wrong route. That was Ben's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He didn't run the wrong route. That was Ben's fault.

/thread

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The NFL should use this as an example of what not to do once you get money and as an example to surround yourself with good people...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

This guy is off the hook. I was really, truly excited when my team signed him. Deep down, I knew better, but ....................

I don't even know what to say about him anymore. The Steelers got the best of him that anyone else ever will... if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    This guy is off the hook. I was really, truly excited when my team signed him. Deep down, I knew better, but ....................

I don't even know what to say about him anymore. The Steelers got the best of him that anyone else ever will... if ever.
    Yep - wildcard is what to do if the psych testing confirms the assumption of many he is seriously mentally ill.

AB may lose his edge both mentally and physically if he goes on meds to sand down those rough edges

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/...antipsychotics

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Yep - wildcard is what to do if the psych testing confirms the assumption of many he is seriously mentally ill.

AB may lose his edge both mentally and physically if he goes on meds to sand down those rough edges

What do you mean? It's not like he's functional right now. Whether or not you keep your "edge" is irrelevant if you're too crazy to be on a team in the first place.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What do you mean? It's not like he's functional right now. Whether or not you keep your "edge" is irrelevant if you're too crazy to be on a team in the first place.
    I mean it may be a lose/lose situation from a purely football standpoint as opposed to getting his life in some semblance of order - he is toxic to the NFL at the moment but what are the potential downsides of trying to fix that

Medications can wreak havoc on the body of an average person, let alone that of a professional athlete who has trained to optimize his physical condition

Depends how someone values the costs and benefits - a lot of pro athletes have decided to take meds to enhance their ability to perform even knowing the long term adverse consequences

The flip side is whether to take a med that provides long term benefits outside of football at the short term cost of impacting your conditioning

Since AB still has some say in the matter good luck to whoever gets to try to walk him through that decision making process

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

But being proactive in getting his New Year’s resolutions lined up

#WhiteBlondeWomanBondHearingJudge2020

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    Antonio your running the wrong way .

Some of the comments under that YouTube video are hilarious. Some of my faves...

"LOL he ran a crossing route when Rothlisberger called a slant and go."

"This fool ran the WRONG WAY...and then tried to walk back like he was cool...😂😂😂😂"

"Someone tell Burfect to give Antonio his marbles back..."

"They freed me Grandma!"

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

AB must not be paying this attorney either if he's picking him up from jail in a Jeep Wrangler with OBJ license plate
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    AB must not be paying this attorney either if he's picking him up from jail in a Jeep Wrangler with OBJ license plate
    If I was his attorney I would have let him continue to walk the wrong way with that green outfit he was wearing

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

If that's the case, then it's still preferable for his health and the well- being of the people around him. I don't really care if he can run routes and catch a football. That's just a game.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I mean it may be a lose/lose situation from a purely football standpoint as opposed to getting his life in some semblance of order - he is toxic to the NFL at the moment but what are the potential downsides of trying to fix that

Medications can wreak havoc on the body of an average person, let alone that of a professional athlete who has trained to optimize his physical condition

Depends how someone values the costs and benefits - a lot of pro athletes have decided to take meds to enhance their ability to perform even knowing the long term adverse consequences

The flip side is whether to take a med that provides long term benefits outside of football at the short term cost of impacting your conditioning

Since AB still has some say in the matter good luck to whoever gets to try to walk him through that decision making process

"Fuck y'all, I ain't takin' no got damn peelz. I ain't crazy."

"That's fine, Mr. Brown, but just keep in mind, teams are hesitant to sign you because you have paranoid schizophrenia."

"ain't no bitch no way. fuckin' racist ass plantation ass ain't called no shit. They all Drew Brees woooo he ok but I laugh you bad my name i best yo cracker ass know it"

"Mr. Brown, this isn't Twitter. Just take the pills and the 49ers already said they'd sign you."

"i TOLD you I ain't crazy, I just the best ever an they know it and y'all know it. Fuck y'all, I ain't takin' no peelz. Tell em to give me twice as much cash."

"Well, if you just take the pills, they'll do it."

"Fuck you, I do what I want. Gimme your wallet. I'm gonna drive on the wrong side of the road and say it was you."

That's about how THAT will go.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    If that's the case, then it's still preferable for his health and the well- being of the people around him. I don't really care if he can run routes and catch a football. That's just a game.
    It is a just a game, or at least is supposed to be, to those of us who watch it. We move on when it is over for a player since the games go on and it does not impact our ability to pay the bills, assuming we do not have a major gambling problem. As Jerry Seinfeld said, most of us are rooting for the uniform.

It is a multi-million $$ source of income to AB.

Doubtful he is going into investment banking to replace that cash flow once it ends

It is a just a game, or at least is supposed to be, to those of us who watch it. We move on when it is over for a player since the games go on and it does not impact our ability to pay the bills, assuming we do not have a major gambling problem. As Jerry Seinfeld said, most of us are rooting for the uniform.

It is a multi-million $$ source of income to AB.

Doubtful he is going into investment banking to replace that cash flow once it ends
    His choice isn't that simple though. If his reflexes and skills are dulled by medication he at least has some chance of being a WR again, but if he continues as he is he's out of the NFL for good and possibly dead or in prison. Damned if you do, damned if you don't... but my focus is on him avoiding 'dead or in prison'.

If AB doesn't get help, and that help could include medication, he isn't playing football anymore anyways. So, what's the difference?