Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown accused of Rape

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Now *that* allegation, if true, would constitute rape. The other stuff, while not meaningless, isn't in the same category and shouldn't be treated as such.
    Plaintiff's lawsuit agrees on that - the allegations under the complaint's subheading "Brown's Aggression Escalates To Rape" picks up with paragraph 50 of the complaint.

The other two alleged incidents precede that subheading and are under the subheading "Brown Engages In Inappropriate Behavior And Sexualized Behavior" in paragraphs 32 through 39 of the complaint. Paragraphs 81 and 82 of the complaint charge the alleged non-consensual kissing while AB exposed himself and alleged ejaculation on the plaintiff to be battery, not rape.

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/u..._Complaint.pdf

Going to be a lot of code words rather than what is stated in the complaint used to describe these allegations by the TV talking heads and other sports media this week.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Going to be a lot of code words rather than what is stated in the complaint used to describe these allegations by the TV talking heads and other sports media this week.
    Which is totally understandable, so long as one of those code words used to describe them isn't "rape".
    Honestly, I have an emotional interest in seeing him get nailed for something... but I don't see this going anywhere. There's no proof. She never filed a police report or went to the hospital, and he never texted about the alleged incident. It's "he says/ she says", and our standard of law is "innocent until proven guilty". So even if it did happen... it didn't happen (unless some evidence comes to light).
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Don’t let this shithead football player take the focus from remembering what today means. Remember the towers today. Remember the 3 planes and thousands of people. Remember the first responders and the volunteers. The lives lost, changed forever, and how we as a nation united that 9/11.
    4 planes. Never forget the heroes that fought back against "some people, that did something"

EDIT: Just read the other response

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Which is totally understandable, so long as one of those code words used to describe them isn't "rape".
    Honestly, I have an emotional interest in seeing him get nailed for something... but I don't see this going anywhere. There's no proof. She never filed a police report or went to the hospital, and he never texted about the alleged incident. It's "he says/ she says", and our standard of law is "innocent until proven guilty". So even if it did happen... it didn't happen (unless some evidence comes to light).
    Exactly. I hope the POS goes down put this post covers the legal side of things. Without a rape kit, witnesses or any other form of proof under our legal system there is no case.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 09-12-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    NFL is considering putting AB on the commissioner's exempt list. "IF" he is put on this it would mean he could not play but he would still get paid.

Read the article
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...?noredirect=on

Why would the Pats keep him and pay him if he cannot even play? That's absurd if you are the Pats.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Exactly why would the third incident not be considered rape, if true?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Is there anybody here who wouldn't believe this asshole wouldn't do exactly what she claims he did if you were on a jury?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Is there anybody here who wouldn't believe this asshole wouldn't do exactly what she claims he did if you were on a jury?
    Hard to say - she's made some pretty damning accusations.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

"he exposed himself to me so I came back a second time in which he cam on my back so naturally I went to his house after a night out drinking in Miami for food and a squat"

sounds legit to me
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

DS,
    Items 54-58 in the lawsuit *is* rape if true. It's the other 3 (kissing, exposing himself, and ejaculating on her) that aren't.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    "he exposed himself to me so I came back a second time in which he cam on my back so naturally I went to his house after a night out drinking in Miami for food and a squat"

sounds legit to me
    I refer you to Mojouw's post:

Mojouw

"Re: Antonio Brown accused of Rape

I posted this on the other thread as well, but I feel it bears repeating.

Please, let us all stop with the questioning the accuser because she returned to having some sort of relationship (whatever it was/is) with AB. Maybe she is lying. Maybe she is not. We do not know yet. But we can know that it is extremely common for individuals in an abusive or toxic relationship to return to that relationship over and over again. I am not trying to individually target anyone with this comment. Nor am I attempting to say that all of us can not question the validity of the accusations. But lets not do AB's lawyers work for them and start with an assumption that the accuser makes no sense."

Just because a woman, or anyone, gets caught up in a violent relationship it doesn't forgive the actions of the violent partner.

Burden of proof. Look it up. There is a reason you simply cannot just SAY someone did something to you in our legal system. I think it sucks but unless she has proof nothing is happening to him.

And on top of that who here really expects Goodell to suspend one of Robert Kraft's players without overwhelming evidence?

I refer you to Mojouw's post:

Mojouw

"Re: Antonio Brown accused of Rape
    I posted this on the other thread as well, but I feel it bears repeating.

Please, let us all stop with the questioning the accuser because she returned to having some sort of relationship (whatever it was/is) with AB. Maybe she is lying. Maybe she is not. We do not know yet. But we can know that it is extremely common for individuals in an abusive or toxic relationship to return to that relationship over and over again. I am not trying to individually target anyone with this comment. Nor am I attempting to say that all of us can not question the validity of the accusations. But lets not do AB's lawyers work for them and start with an assumption that the accuser makes no sense."

Just because a woman, or anyone, gets caught up in a violent relationship it doesn't forgive the actions of the violent partner.

Is Mojouw word here now the rules? I see Mojouw's point but if people have a different opinion isn't that the point of this forum? To discuss your opinion. NONE of us know all the facts in this case just what the press is telling us and they most definitely do not know all the facts. So we are drawing our conclusions based on what we have been told. There are a lot of people that would lie to accomplish things for money. If this woman had been just a person trainer to AB ... but the fact that she wanted him to float $1.6 million for her gym ownership. I'll bring up the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. It's pretty clear that Dr. Ford they threw out there was clearly lying to keep him off the Supreme Court. Every person she said was at her "sexual assault" denying being there or even knowing Kavanaugh. It's disgusting what people will do to other people for power and money. All that said I hope this woman DOES have evidence and I hope AB pays for it, the guy is a class A asshole.

But at this point all we can do is wait for a more thorough investigation.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Is Mojouw word here now the rules? I see Mojouw's point but if people have a different opinion isn't that the point of this forum? To discuss your opinion. NONE of us know all the facts in this case just what the press is telling us and they most definitely do not know all the facts. So we are drawing our conclusions based on what we have been told. There are a lot of people that would lie to accomplish things for money. If this woman had been just a person trainer to AB ... but the fact that she wanted him to float $1.6 million for her gym ownership. I'll bring up the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. It's pretty clear that Dr. Ford they threw out there was clearly lying to keep him off the Supreme Court. Every person she said was at her "sexual assault" denying being there or even knowing Kavanaugh. It's disgusting what people will do to other people for power and money. All that said I hope this woman DOES have evidence and I hope AB pays for it, the guy is a class A asshole.

But at this point all we can do is wait for a more thorough investigation.
    If you want to bring up the Brett Kavanaugh hearings I would respectfully suggest you take it to The Soapbox forum

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    If you want to bring up the Brett Kavanaugh hearings I would respectfully suggest you take it to The Soapbox forum

Thank you
    Why? I didn't bring Justice Kavanaugh up to discuss him just to orchestrate it as a comparison point. Both these situations have a woman with no proof accusing a man of sexual assault. My point was that people will do anything for power and money and that's what I feel is happening in this case. But I then went on to mention let's wait and see if there is any proof.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

From what I have read, and lawyerese is like a foreign language to me (Dan, I could use some help here)...

She skipped the part where AB could have settled out of court. (AB had no option to quietly make this go away.) She wants a trial.

Now, I know someone will pick apart the semantics and/or certain words, but again, I’m not a lawyer.

Why? I didn't bring Justice Kavanaugh up to discuss him just to orchestrate it as a comparison point. Both these situations have a woman with no proof accusing a man of sexual assault. My point was that people will do anything for power and money and that's what I feel is happening in this case. But I then went on to mention let's wait and see if there is any proof.
    I am not a moderator - the mods may have a different view

Just expressing my view

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    From what I have read, and lawyerese is like a foreign language to me (Dan, I could use some help here)...

She skipped the part where AB could have settled out of court. (AB had no option to quietly make this go away.) She wants a trial.

Now, I know someone will pick apart the semantics and/or certain words, but again, I’m not a lawyer.
    And add to the fact that this is a CIVIL lawsuit, which is about damages (aka MONEY). She simply skipped the criminal part of what happened and went right after his wallet.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

And add to the fact that this is a CIVIL lawsuit, which is about damages (aka MONEY). She simply skipped the criminal part of what happened and went right after his wallet.
    From what I’ve heard about rape cases (which is based on the past few days’ worth of readings), one can generally win a CIVIL case, but it’s much more difficult to win a COURT case. Burden of proof and such.

My question was more about her skipping the part where AB’s lawyer could have simply settled out of court/simply paid her off. She wants a trial.

From what I’ve heard about rape cases (which is based on the past few days’ worth of readings), one can generally win a CIVIL case, but it’s much more difficult to win a COURT case. Burden of proof and such.

My question was more about her skipping the part where AB’s lawyer could have simply settled out of court/simply paid her off. She wants a trial.
    Yeah this whole case is weird. And it's strange how all this stuff with him on the Raiders, Patriots and now this all hit at once.

Oh well I'm just glad the POS isn't a Steeler anymore.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Like many rape victims it seems she did not turn to the police immediately thus making a criminal proceeding difficult or even more impossible.

I and to this point no one else has not said that you can’t question the validity of the entire thing. In no sane world is the starting point just assuming one side or the other is true. But to base your doubts in the fact that this young woman did not respond to abuse, assault, and rape in a way that makes sense to you is wrong. All of the information from traumatic relationships and sexual assaults indicates that there is a wide array of responses by victims. Many include repeated and ongoing interactions with their abuser.

Honestly, when you post the stuff you do, you simply sound like an ignorant misogynist. I’m pretty sure your not. So take a moment. Educate yourself. And be better.

Don’t take my word for it. Read any of the dozens of articles from the last few days on the AB lawsuit and the responses to it.

The possibility that this is a false allegation can not be ruled out at this point. But the reason it is false can not be assumed to rest on our belief that there was a proper sequence of events this young woman should’ve went through.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Like many rape victims it seems she did not turn to the police immediately thus making a criminal proceeding difficult or even more impossible.

I and to this point no one else has not said that you can’t question the validity of the entire thing. In no sane world is the starting point just assuming one side or the other is true. But to base your doubts in the fact that this young woman did not respond to abuse, assault, and rape in a way that makes sense to you is wrong. All of the information from traumatic relationships and sexual assaults indicates that there is a wide array of responses by victims. Many include repeated and ongoing interactions with their abuser.

Honestly, when you post the stuff you do, you simply sound like an ignorant misogynist. I’m pretty sure your not. So take a moment. Educate yourself. And be better.

Don’t take my word for it. Read any of the dozens of articles from the last few days on the AB lawsuit and the responses to it.

The possibility that this is a false allegation can not be ruled out at this point. But the reason it is false can not be assumed to rest on our belief that there was a proper sequence of events this young woman should’ve went through.
    Thank you for this response. As a woman there's a lot I want to scream about in this thread but will keep my opinions to myself. However I'm just going to say, as someone with personal experience (not rape) in the distant past of sexual assault, I can't stand when the woman gets bashed from the very beginning. There are reasons women don't go to authorities or the proper channels right away. There's a lot of things women block from their minds to suppress memories. To demean ANY woman for her reasons of any of the above is disgusting. Until you walk in those shoes, you have no idea.

LOL. Okay. What "stuff" am I posting that deviates from logic? Do not say the word misogynist and brush it off with "I'm pretty sure you're not". That's nonsense and a backhanded accusation which isn't cool. Here's the definition of a misogynist:

noun: misogynist;

a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
    I have a mother, sister, wife and daughter that I would take a bullet for and love. I respect PEOPLE based on who they are not what is between their legs. I was raised to respect women by a strong mother but she also taught me to use logic when dealing with situations...

Yes women usually know their abuser that's a well known fact in most abuse cases, but the circumstances of this story are way too sketchy to be ignored. How many assault victims were asking for $1.6 million from their abuser before the abuse started? And yes I do find it odd that after getting away from someone that you would see them a whole year later then go "clubbing" with him and need to use his bathroom after driving him and his friends home. Does that make me a misogynist because I question that logic? The fact that society is blindly saying "she needs to be believed" in today's world without the burden of proof is scary. I also have a son so I'm looking at it from both sides. I pray neither of my kids EVER have to deal with anything like this.

Again, we can only comment on WHAT we are being told.

Personal injury civil cases are for $$$ - this is not a case where plaintiff is contending AB allegedly did something improper to gain leverage in a non-$$$ matter such as a child custody dispute.

If a plaintiff and her attorneys (who in all probability expect to get the preponderance of their fees satisfied through the standard practice of a contingent share of any recovery) can receive what they regard as a satisfactory payment without going through the expense of a federal district court lawsuit in which the defendant has the resources for a very aggressive defense they are going to take it.

I would be very surprised if there have not been discussions of settlement or at least an inquiry from plaintiff’s attorney if AB wanted to settle before the lawsuit was filed - AB simply may have said get lost I will not be subjected to a shakedown or perhaps not have been willing to enter into a confidential settlement agreement for an amount plaintiff was willing to take

It is not as if AB did not see the lawsuit coming until it was announced Tuesday night - this comment from Rosenhaus indicates Team AB and the plaintiff’s attorney had been communicating

Based off Rosenhaus’s admission Wednesday that “Antonio and I have been unfortunately anticipating this possibility” of a lawsuit and internet rumors of the allegations cropping up in the early Saturday morning hours, it can be safely assumed (but not confirmed) that the allegations contained in Taylor’s complaint Tuesday night were known by Brown and his camp, at least in part, at the time of the [Patriots] signing.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/12/an...ntent=20190912

Thanks Dan, that makes sense.

Thanks Dan, that makes sense.
    You are welcome

All of us are on the outside looking in and can only speculate about the merits of these allegations.

It is sometimes helpful to check out the named attorneys in a lawsuit to get an initial idea if one side or the other looks to be hopelessly outgunned

AB is going to retain top flight defense attorneys just as Ben did for his Nevada and Georgia matters

Looking at the signature block on the complaint my guess is the attorney who plaintiff initially has been working with is Marshelle Brooks.

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/u..._Complaint.pdf

Her website indicates she is a young solo practitioner.

https://www.mibrookslegal.com/about-2/

If it was just Ms. Brooks I would wonder if the plaintiff's attorney was just throwing a Hail Mary after AB said go ahead and try to litigate against who I can bring in.

However, the attorney at the top of the signature block is David Haas, who was probably retained for reasons including but not limited to Mr Haas being admitted to practice before judges in the USDC SDFL where the lawsuit was filed, which Ms Brooks is not, and having trial experience well beyond that of Ms. Brooks. According to his website Mr. Haas is a former state and federal prosecutor and IMO would be less likely to get tied up in something that is clearly doomed.

https://haaslawpllc.com/about-haas-law/

The third attorney listed in the signature block is Jonathan Abady out of New York. According to his website Mr. Abady has been involved in a number of high profile cases (including representing Bob Kraft's friend Meek Mill). His firm presumably will be able to provide assistance on how to handle a high profile case that is going to include dealing with the media. As with Mr. Haas, Mr. Abady has a successful enough practice that it is unlikely he enjoys signing up for lost causes.

https://www.ecbalaw.com/our-people/jonathan-s-abady/

IMO this ultimately settles with a confidential agreement with plaintiff where we will never know the terms (as happened with Ben in Nevada and I bet happened with Ben in Georgia to resolve any civil claims by the young woman involved in that matter), but I admit that is just my guess.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Just remember, AB is a deadbeat who has to be forced to pay child support. He’s not gonna settle because in his world business is always boomin.

LOL. Okay. What "stuff" am I posting that deviates from logic? Do not say the word misogynist and brush it off with "I'm pretty sure you're not". That's nonsense and a backhanded accusation which isn't cool. Here's the definition of a misogynist:

I have a mother, .................

Please, this "I wouldn't do this or that to women because I have a mother" is hilarious. Do you know anybody who doesn't have a mother?

Burden of proof. Look it up. There is a reason you simply cannot just SAY someone did something to you in our legal system. I think it sucks but unless she has proof nothing is happening to him.

And on top of that who here really expects Goodell to suspend one of Robert Kraft's players without overwhelming evidence?
    I didn't say he was guilty. I said is there anyone here who wouldn't believe he was capable of what he is being accused of?

Please, this "I wouldn't do this or that to women because I have a mother" is hilarious. Do you know anybody who doesn't have a mother?
    Mike Tyson: "I don't hate all women. My mother was a woman."