Thread: New Kickoff Rules

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

New Kickoff Rules

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...w-kickoff-rule

Not exactly what I thought was coming.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: New Kickoff Rules

It’s exactly what they do in CYO football for the last couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I am far too dumb to picture this in my head.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

New Kickoff Rules

I think it’s a good rule change because it’s going to put the return back into the game and I think we will see few creative plays out of it.

Kicker will be at the 35. Ball has to land in the “landing zone”…goal line to 20. Two returners. Doesn’t land in the zone, ball placed at 40. It probably takes out the squib quick.

Onside kicks - each team gets two onside kicks. Not quite sure how that will be set up.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I am far too dumb to picture this in my head.
    I think there is a video in the link I posted. I believe it’s an XFL kickoff. Gonna be weird until we get used to it.

Then again, it’s not in the link.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

When will the NFL be adopting the old XFL practice of nicknames on the nameplates of jerseys next? "He Hate Me."

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    When will the NFL be adopting the old XFL practice of nicknames on the nameplates of jerseys next? "He Hate Me."
    That could be fun to do one week. Everybody wears their nickname on their nameplate. I think MLB did that. Just something fluffy and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    It’s good to see the NFL recognizing something that works and installing it. I’m sure they’ll eventually tweak it and screw it up.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm in the minority, but I like the job that Goodell is doing, for the most part.