Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

I think this is going to be a cross-roads for professional athletes. Meaning that is hard as it is to leave the sexual assault stuff to the side for the moment (not trying to excuse it but trying to not let it over-ride everything), this is an object lesson in how not to use social media. Going at the owner almost certainly was the final straw for the Pats paying him anything.

This is what happens when you give stupid people an unfiltered megaphone. They shout their stupid all over the place and get it all over everyone.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Since he is no longer in the NFL, I think we can put this in the BSing thread, particularly since he'll still make headlines

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Since he is no longer in the NFL, I think we can put this in the BSing thread, particularly since he'll still make headlines
    He is like a player out with an injury for the year - in the case of AB it is a broken mind

He will be back somewhere in the NFL no later than 2020

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Technically, he's a free agent.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tragic...

A day after he’s cut, he’s on a private jet to who knows where...lol.

He’s one of those guys that has a grandmother and kids and then a lot of people who hang around him because of who he is and the money he has. Once that is gone, so will they.

It’s gonna be a drug thing or a death that ends him for good...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Specifically the Bizzaro World sub forum

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Specifically the Bizzaro World sub forum

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think this is going to be a cross-roads for professional athletes. Meaning that is hard as it is to leave the sexual assault stuff to the side for the moment (not trying to excuse it but trying to not let it over-ride everything), this is an object lesson in how not to use social media. Going at the owner almost certainly was the final straw for the Pats paying him anything.

This is what happens when you give stupid people an unfiltered megaphone. They shout their stupid all over the place and get it all over everyone.
    Unfortunately, I do not think this is a crossroads, because many professional athletes are simply dumb as a bag of hammers, which is also the reason for this kind of behavior in the first place.

The smart ones already know to avoid this, and the dumb ones won't learn anything. And the ones that self-destruct will be replaced with a brand new crop of dumb idiots next draft. It will go on as long as pro sports is a thing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Sorry to see talent wasted. I know we could’ve used him these first two weeks, probably would’ve won the second game at least.

on another note, Bell is wasting away on a crappy jets squad. We could’ve used him too, specially Mason could’ve used a multi purpose back like that.

Two boneheads who didn’t know what they had in Pittsburgh....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not think this is a crossroads, because many professional athletes are simply dumb as a bag of hammers, which is also the reason for this kind of behavior in the first place.

The smart ones already know to avoid this, and the dumb ones won't learn anything. And the ones that self-destruct will be replaced with a brand new crop of dumb idiots next draft. It will go on as long as pro sports is a thing.
    I don't know. Each cohort that comes into the various pro leagues is a bit more savvy about social media. Of course there will always be total morons, but I think younger folks just get that you gotta keep that shit squeaky clean. No one cares what you actually think. They just want to see what you should be thinking.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So is Brown returning to school?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Going with a course in English seems to be a good choice if he wants to learn synonyms for bitch and ho

Does Antonio retire as a Steeler now?

Lol.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He's taking ENG300? How did he ever pass 101? lmao.

On a serious note, well, I think it's a good thing he's going back to finish his education, I won't ever criticize someone for trying to pursue / finish their degree, good on him.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

English 303? I don't believe he's prepared for that course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Technically, he's a free agent.
    Technically, *I'm* a free agent.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

AB once again late for something - the classes he signed up for started last week

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

I am confident AB will be a great witness at that depo
    Maybe he'll show up in a hot air balloon.....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I didn't know acting like an idiot on a reality show required a degree

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

On a serious note, well, I think it's a good thing he's going back to finish his education, I won't ever criticize someone for trying to pursue / finish their degree, good on him.
    Well, you can criticize an idiot for trying to finish his education.

I wonder what it'll be like now that he's not getting a free pass for being on the football team.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

More on AB’s school daze

The post shows a list of four classes that are offered online, including: Introduction to Management, Technical Writing, Death and Dying (a religion course) and Racism and Equality (a sociology course).

https://es.pn/2l77t4R

Good move to enroll in that Technical Writing course to add some polish to the online threats to women and other tweets/Instagram posts

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He is going to promise to pay good money to someone to take those courses for him.....and then not pay them.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Maybe he still has some eligibility left for CMU!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    More on AB’s school daze

The post shows a list of four classes that are offered online, including: Introduction to Management, Technical Writing, Death and Dying (a religion course) and Racism and Equality (a sociology course).

https://es.pn/2l77t4R

Good move to enroll in that Technical Writing course to add some polish to the online threats to women and other tweets/Instagram posts
    If only they offered a course on Ethics, Logic, or Public Relations...
    Seriously, I think that sociology course will be nothing but poison to him.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

I've got to say, though - at this time last year, if you told me this is what Tony Brown would be doing right now, I would have wondered what crackheadedly improbable series of events would need to happen in order to get that point. Well, now we know!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He is going to promise to pay good money to someone to take those courses for him.....and then not pay them.

I could use a side gig.

I could use a side gig.
    How about you do it, and he doesn't pay you - but you were thinking ahead and didn't take the classes, so the joke's on him. Some real 4D chess right there.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    How about you do it, and he doesn't pay you - but you were thinking ahead and didn't take the classes, so the joke's on him. Some real 4D chess right there.
    I like it. Now if I could just rope Bob Kraft in somehow. Boom! 5 D chess. That's one more D!

I like it. Now if I could just rope Bob Kraft in somehow. Boom! 5 D chess. That's one more D!
    That's just 4D chess with handjobs.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar