Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: the thread that never ends

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Apparently not anytime soon AB

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was asked about Brown's case Wednesday, and he gave a vague answer that didn't really clear anything up as far as when the receiver, who was released by the Patriots after one game in September, might be able to return to the NFL.

"We're still working at that," Goodell said of the case. "I will probably be getting an update when I get back to New York. Our folks have been working diligently at that. When we reach a conclusion, I'll obviously​ let you know."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...essage-to-nfl/

He clearly channeled his inner Mike Tomlin.

Coincidence...or something more?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown accused of Rape

Compare that douche bag Brown to a guy like DeAndre Hopkins, who’s every bit the receiver as Brown. The contrast off the field is alarming and Hopkins grew up with much worse circumstances.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...edirected=true

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Compare that douche bag Brown to a guy like DeAndre Hopkins, who’s every bit the receiver as Brown. The contrast off the field is alarming and Hopkins grew up with much worse circumstances.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...edirected=true

Ultimately, we are who we decide to be.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    LMAO.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

He clearly channeled his inner Mike Tomlin.

Coincidence...or something more?
    A word Smith. LMAO

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

You’re a hypocrite. You “bash” the great Commissioner Roger for channeling Mike Tomlin and then you go and do it yourself...obviously you probably have an inner competitor inside yourself and maybe you feel like a hostage on this board and feel the need to speak that way but each man must be their own, to quote you and your Mike Tomlin speak, we are who we decide to be and if you decide to step up and be Mike Tomlin, that’s aggressive. This is the time of year where the road gets narrow and if you want to step up as the leader and stay on that road, as a man, you do that. But don’t go saying that Roger is doing the Mike Tomlin and then you turn around and do it yourself. We don’t have time for that...we need to move forward aggressively, no longer are we defending the grass, we are attacking it...with or without you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Hopefully pczach will be able to hop on the moving bus with a sense of purpose, so to speak.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You’re a hypocrite. You “bash” the great Commissioner Roger for channeling Mike Tomlin and then you go and do it yourself...obviously you probably have an inner competitor inside yourself and maybe you feel like a hostage on this board and feel the need to speak that way but each man must be their own, to quote you and your Mike Tomlin speak, we are who we decide to be and if you decide to step up and be Mike Tomlin, that’s aggressive. This is the time of year where the road gets narrow and if you want to step up as the leader and stay on that road, as a man, you do that. But don’t go saying that Roger is doing the Mike Tomlin and then you turn around and do it yourself. We don’t have time for that...we need to move forward aggressively, no longer are we defending the grass, we are attacking it...with or without you!

I neither agree nor disagree with your assessment...…

If my inner asshole lashes out in the forest with no one around to hear it, does it really make a sound?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I neither agree nor disagree with your assessment...…

If my inner asshole lashes out in the forest with no one around to hear it, does it really make a sound?
    No, that's called hemorrhoids, dude. Go see a doctor.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

People keep trying to blame AB's behavior on CTE, but I don't think it's likely. CTE doesn't generally manifest until later in life. He *for sure* has a personality disorder, though. I'm not qualified to diagnose which one (even the professionals have a hard time doing that), but even as a layman I can tell he has one. The medical definition is as follows:
    a mental disorder characterized by an enduring, inflexible, and maladaptive personality trait that deviates markedly from cultural expectations, pervades a broad range of situations, and is either a source of subjective distress or a cause of significant impairment in social, occupational, or other functioning.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    People keep trying to blame AB's behavior on CTE, but I don't think it's likely. CTE doesn't generally manifest until later in life. He *for sure* has a personality disorder, though. I'm not qualified to diagnose which one (even the professionals have a hard time doing that), but even as a layman I can tell he has one. The medical definition is as follows:
    It's not CTE. He's been this way his whole life according to friends and family members. Some people are just assholes...this guy got paid and has all the money in the world as well as no one that holds him accountable for anything in his life. That's the recipe for a person to turn out like Antonio Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

It's not CTE. He's been this way his whole life according to friends and family members. Some people are just assholes...this guy got paid and has all the money in the world as well as no one that holds him accountable for anything in his life. That's the recipe for a person to turn out like Antonio Brown.
    True... but the fact that he is an asshole doesn't necessarily mean that his assholish behavior is his own fault. These personality disorders (narcissistic, antisocial, borderline, etc) are just as real as CTE, they just stem from factors other than getting your brain scrambled too many times.
    For sure though, having gobs of money and being surrounded by enablers isn't helping him. Dude needs help and doesn't know it.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Asshole by his own making or not, Steelers are missing his talents. Would’ve loved to see Tomlin grab him by the face mask and drag him around on the sideline, ala Chuck Noll, to straighten him out,

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Asshole by his own making or not, Steelers are missing his talents. Would’ve loved to see Tomlin grab him by the face mask and drag him around on the sideline, ala Chuck Noll, to straighten him out,
    Non-football alleged misconduct is what brought him down, not screwing up on the field - he was setting up to get a ring after gaming the system until the combination of the civil lawsuit, more allegations in the subsequent SI article, and his reaction to those events combined to bring him down. And several Pats including Brady supposedly still wanted AB on their team after all that hit the fan.

Coaches cannot stop that behavior and I bet Rosenhaus along with AB’s attorneys were telling him please STFU after the allegations of rape and other sexual assaults went public with the lawsuit. No surprise he blew through that stop sign.

Given his lack of self-control what amazes me is that AB was able not to go on social media to trash the plaintiff while the allegations that are the basis for the civil case were in mediation for months until September

Will see if he is cooled off after Roger keeps him on ice for the rest of this season until some team decides his talents are worth the risk and brings him back in 2020

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Non-football alleged misconduct is what brought him down, not screwing up on the field - he was setting up to get a ring after gaming the system until the combination of the civil lawsuit, more allegations in the subsequent SI article, and his reaction to those events combined to bring him down. And several Pats including Brady supposedly still wanted AB on their team after all that hit the fan.

Coaches cannot stop that behavior and I bet Rosenhaus along with AB’s attorneys were telling him please STFU after the allegations of rape and other sexual assaults went public with the lawsuit. No surprise he blew through that stop sign.

Given his lack of self-control what amazes me is that AB was able not to go on social media to trash the plaintiff while the allegations that are the basis for the civil case were in mediation for months until September

Will see if he is cooled off after Roger keeps him on ice for the rest of this season until some team decides his talents are worth the risk and brings him back in 2020
    i was thinking more about his sideline behavior with the water cooler and locker room stuff. Mainly a jest- but I do wish Tomlin had used a little more no nonsense approach with him, it might’ve helped keep him in check...or not, but in that case maybe we would’ve had more time to find a suitable replacement

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Coaches cannot stop that behavior and I bet Rosenhaus along with AB’s attorneys were telling him please STFU after the allegations of rape and other sexual assaults went public with the lawsuit. No surprise he blew through that stop sign........
    That's right. All he had to do was STFU.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm disappointed that he's not playing, i figure since nobody's stopping the patriots anyway, why not see what kind of stats he'd put up with Brady throwing to him

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I'm disappointed that he's not playing, i figure since nobody's stopping the patriots anyway, why not see what kind of stats he'd put up with Brady throwing to him
    Not me - I am glad AB finally suffered some significant consequences for his conduct

And I had no interest in watching AB rack up stats with Brady and gain glory for the crap he (and IMO the Pats) pulled for him to land in New England since the Pats hoisting the Lombardi this year is unavoidable. Lots of football to be played and potential injuries to be incurred between now and early February. 2019 Pats of all teams know they are not the first team to look unstoppable before Halloween

On Jan. 17, 2008, three days before the Patriots beat the Chargers to go to 18-0 and advance to the Super Bowl, The Kraft Group filed for trademarks in preparation for merchandising the Patriots' perfect season subject to winning the Super Bowl. The company filed to trademark "Road To Perfection," "19-0" and "Perfect Season."

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/patrio...ry?id=45210736

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not me, I didn't want that asshole to be rewarded with a ring Sucker Punch Blount style

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think you may stand alone here on this.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Not me - I am glad AB finally suffered some significant consequences for his conduct

And I had no interest in watching AB rack up stats with Brady and gain glory for the crap he (and IMO the Pats) pulled for him to land in New England since the Pats hoisting the Lombardi this year is unavoidable. Lots of football to be played and potential injuries to be incurred between now and early February. 2019 Pats of all teams know they are not the first team to look unstoppable before Halloween

On Jan. 17, 2008, three days before the Patriots beat the Chargers to go to 18-0 and advance to the Super Bowl, The Kraft Group filed for trademarks in preparation for merchandising the Patriots' perfect season subject to winning the Super Bowl. The company filed to trademark "Road To Perfection," "19-0" and "Perfect Season."

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/patrio...ry?id=45210736
    I'm sure a repeat of that could happen, I'm already conceding the season to them though, so if they DO win the SB, I won't really be disappointed.

On another note, I remember their chance to go 19-0 really well. My girlfriend at the time was a big time patriots fan from boston and she was really fearing the matchup vs the giants. She said there was no team that played them tougher than the giants in week 17 and that they'd probably lose if they faced them again. She cheered against the giants during the entire playoffs, and when they made it to the SB, she was really worried about playing the. I was like whatever, you guys got this easy, giants ended up winning lol.

Serious question: AB and Emmanuel Sanders came into the league together; which one ends up with more receptions/yards?

Right now, Sanders is trailing 276 catches and 3872 yards.

sanders got a ring and a fully functoinal brain, he wins

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Serious question: AB and Emmanuel Sanders came into the league together; which one ends up with more receptions/yards?

he stands a pretty good chance seeing as he's the only one with a job currently
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

The NFL could purposely string out their "investigation" of AB for a long time thereby effectively keeping him off the field.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

After the 2010 draft, my buddy (beerGODS225) and I were high on the two WRs.

Manny Sanders was my guy, and as a rookie, I looked smart. Manny broke Darrelle Revis’s ankles (in the Jets game). And, I contend that had Sanders not gotten injured early in Super Bowl XLV, we win that game. (Case in point: Randle El ran a wrong route on the final drive.)

By 2012, my buddy was looking like the smart one. By 2015, my buddy looked like a genius.

Currently, my WR is poised to retake the lead... which is a shame, because I loved AB (despite mine & beerGODS’s friendly wager).

Dude is certifiable.....

Here's the latest lunacy. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

The article goes over some of his tweets from today, and goes over a bit about his situation with the NFL in regard to the Personal Conduct Policy.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dude is certifiable.....

Here's the latest lunacy. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

The article goes over some of his tweets from today, and goes over a bit about his situation with the NFL in regard to the Personal Conduct Policy.
    Florio siding with AB. Weird. Florio usually chooses the “correct” side of most debates.

In a nutshell, Florio is saying that the NFL isn’t interviewing AB to make a ruling on their Player Conduct Policy. Duh. AB isn’t a current employee of the NFL; so, the NFL shouldn’t be looking into his personal matters.

No team is going to sign AB with that interview (and immediate suspension) looming over him. Because, as I understand it, if he’s under contract, that team has responsibility to honor the contract (pay him). And, no team wants to pay for a guy who’s about to be suspended.

SUMMATION:
    AB is unofficially retired.